Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/Gizmodo/status/1103340790825320448

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Teenagers still use Facebook?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

Teenagers still use Facebook?

those ones are from the teacher's phone

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
who even gets phone calls anymore. i get less than one a day and most of those are spam

Carl Von Awesomwitz
May 2, 2006

Sisko Lied, Romulans Died

We live in the cinematic universe of the Maximum Overdrive reboot.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

who even gets phone calls anymore. i get less than one a day and most of those are spam

... pretty soon the thread turned into a goon brag fest about getting the fewest calls

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i don’t even have a phone

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i have three separate apps on my phone to screen and ignore telemarketers

never ever give a company your phone number

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Phone posted:

i don’t even have a phone

:thunk:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

I feel less safe if it works as they want it to.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I still prefer doing phone calls for a lot of conversation so

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

just what we need, another reason not to wash your hands after your done in the bathroom

Dec 26, 2012

cool im glad ed-209 follows, uh, the ai murder policy

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

is the reader assumed to already know what the ai murder policy is

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm gonna guess it's "kill em all and let god sort em out" if it's the us military writing it

Dec 26, 2012

"absolutely"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Senju Kannon posted:

i'm gonna guess it's "kill em all and let god sort em out" if it's the us military writing it

Comes pre-loaded with Google's self driving car AI, with a switchup of high-low priority collision aversion linked to the targeting system. It'll never get any updates.

*Turret wavers nervously between a pregnant woman and a small child walking a dog*

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

01011001 posted:

cool im glad ed-209 follows, uh, the ai murder policy

It's pretty forward thinking for the DoD to consider artificial beings persons with protections. Will the first AI death be a murder or a suicide?

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

taqueso posted:

It's pretty forward thinking for the DoD to consider artificial beings persons with protections. Will the first AI death be a murder or a suicide?

Predator Drone Court-Martialed For Afghani Civilian Deaths

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/jennaaclaire/status/1102445539747135488?s=19

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

so much for protests

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

jfc

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i have three separate apps on my phone to screen and ignore telemarketers

never ever give a company your phone number

the app i use for that is leaving the phone on silent and never answering for calls i dont expect

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

power word- Jeb! posted:

the app i use for that is leaving the phone on silent and never answering for calls i dont expect

When they ask for a number I give them yours instead.

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

power word- Jeb! posted:

i personally don't have that luxury as i am looking for work, but if i were employed hoo boy i would also not answer phone calls like the social butterfly that i am

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

power word- Jeb! posted:

sure, but how many telemarketer calls + voicemails would you need to be receiving every single day before you started looking into autoblocking lists and something to autoblock spoofed numbers

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://twitter.com/freakonometrics/status/1103394369208569856?s=20

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
someone's made the joke im sure but it's incredible that we're both figuratively and literally working on a minority report

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

It's just techies reinventing phrenology.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Senju Kannon posted:

i personally don't have that luxury as i am looking for work, but if i were employed hoo boy i would also not answer phone calls like the social butterfly that i am

Protip for when I was in your situation: Accept the call but don't say anything. If it's a machine, it hangs up automatically after about 5 seconds. If it's a person they give a confused '...hello?" and you can just pretend like there was an issue with your reception or something, or just pretend there was no delay at all.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SplitSoul posted:

They’re stealing more directly than that.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

in this case, it's even dumber

the criminal faces are frowning and look unhappy, while the non-criminal faces look mildly pleased and have a slight smile. their algorithm picked up on that, but since it doesn't know about facial expressions, it assumed it was a fundamental difference in facial structure

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

the criminal faces are frowning and look unhappy, while the non-criminal faces look mildly pleased and have a slight smile. their algorithm picked up on that, but since it doesn't know about facial expressions, it assumed it was a fundamental difference in facial structure
Criminals are frowning and unhappy because late-stage capitalism has obliterated their economic security driving them to crimes. People who don't worry about stealing to provide for their family and/or drug habit to take the pain away aren't unhappy all the time.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The most horrifying dystopias are the ones where you don't even have the freedom to be unhappy.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Main Paineframe posted:

Happiness is mandatory. Unhappiness is treason.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
My lifehack is scarfing down some mdma before crime sprees.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Outrail posted:

My lifehack is scarfing down some mdma before crime sprees.

That's not really a life hack. That's just going to illegal raves on the weekend like a normal kid does.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://twitter.com/dylanmatt/status/1103395320485085185?s=20

lol. lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/tkaufman_fs/status/1103564496130342912