Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
I like how Captain Doza and Torra Doza both care about the people of the Colossus even as they live in a literal high tower looking above them. The series has done good work with them both, and I hope Torra plays a bigger role in the Resistance going forward. Her and Kaz have good chemistry as allies, and I think she's the most interesting character along with Synara.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

twistedmentat posted:

They're going to Takodana, and considering probably at this moment, Poe is on Jaku meeting with Liet Kynes, or captured.

Who? Lor San Tekka you mean?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Anarcho-Commissar posted:

Who? Lor San Tekka you mean?

:thejoke:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Metalshark posted:

I like how Captain Doza and Torra Doza both care about the people of the Colossus even as they live in a literal high tower looking above them. The series has done good work with them both, and I hope Torra plays a bigger role in the Resistance going forward. Her and Kaz have good chemistry as allies, and I think she's the most interesting character along with Synara.

Yea, I feel like Yager and Doza are fully aware of each others history, and are fully on the same side against the First Order.

As I said, their hopes for the Resistance is pretty misplaced, because as I said, TFA is probably right about to happen, so that means Kaz is their only hope.

Exactly, Max Von Sydow will always be Liet to me.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Oh. I dunno what that references.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Dune.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dune_secondary_characters#Liet-Kynes

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Also the pinnacle of Sting's career

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Great episode this week, and I loved Torra laughing gleefully at Kaz's crazy plan. :3:

A strong mix of :ohdear: developments and moments of levity this week.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Curious that Leia didn't send coordinates for D'Qar but for Crait, seemingly. I guess they were already planning to evacuate even before Hosnian got Starkiller'd?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I'm glad things are finally popping off. I know the first 2/3 of any first season is going to just be about getting all of the pieces in place, but it was starting to get tedious.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope season 2 they leave the Colossus and have a hero ship they can travel around in. I like it but it feels limiting with storytelling.

Also they kind of reversed the comedy 3 people falling with the person coming last having the best landing.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm hoping leia's message is code for "they'll be at that other base next year"

Part of me is pretty convinced the Colossus doesn't survive the season

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Theory going around that the Colossus may not be long for that planet. Mainly because the Colossus looks to apparently be way bigger than what we've actually seen, which has been hinted at in some schematics seen in the show. This most recent episode showed a much larger portion of the station still under the water on a screen when they were working out their sinking plan.

If that's the case, I wonder if Doza will cast out the FO, then launch the Colossus off planet. Then next season it could be on a new planet or out in space somewhere.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There have been theories that the Colossus is an old Imperial station like the one seen in Rebels. If it has downward thrust, it has upward too.

I like the droid functioning as a Seaglide.

The coordinates that Leia gave Kaz were for Crait, so it's doubtful that they'll be heading there. I think at this moment right now, the stuff on Jakku is going down. Finn and Poe are escaping from the FO. Though the colossus being a Resistance base that keeps moving around would be pretty cool.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Bucket, noooOOOOOOOO! :(

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

The coordinates that Leia gave Kaz were for Crait, so it's doubtful that they'll be heading there. I think at this moment right now, the stuff on Jakku is going down. Finn and Poe are escaping from the FO. Though the colossus being a Resistance base that keeps moving around would be pretty cool.
Hosni Prime was mentioned without anyone reacting like it had been blown up so we're mid-TFA at most.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Hosni Prime was mentioned without anyone reacting like it had been blown up so we're mid-TFA at most.

And the scenes being mentioned are early TFA.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MonsterEnvy posted:

And the scenes being mentioned are early TFA.

Yup. Starkiller fires at Hosian Prime when they re on Takodana I think, been a while since I watched TFA. Again, they're still on the Jakku stuff. Finn crashes, finds Rey, and then meets Han, goes to Mas then Boom. I'm assuming the Resistance episode are happening all within a short amount of time.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Random question: Does anyone have a bluray set of Clone Wars season 4 they might be willing to part with? That one in particular seems really hard to find at a reasonable price online.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Today is the 1 year anniversary of Rebels ending its run:

https://twitter.com/dave_filoni/status/1103112187973754880

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Would've rather have gotten that than resistance :colbert:

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Still holding out hope for the Sabine/Ahsoka buddy cop show.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I'm sure it'll happen eventually. It's almost a certainty with Disney+ looming on the horizon.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Chopper was going to be called Jerk-o.

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/1103115981042245633

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Finally watched the latest episode. Loved it. More like that please.

How does everyone know the coordinates Leia sent are for Crait? If that’s made clear, I missed it.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

It's mainly just supposition. "Next base" would imply that it at least isn't D'Qar, since it's been established that the Resistance has been based there before the series began.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Cross-Section posted:

It's mainly just supposition. "Next base" would imply that it at least isn't D'Qar, since it's been established that the Resistance has been based there before the series began.

But it could be a different planned next base. Crait seemed like an emergency plan when they were being tracked through hyperspace. And they were only there for a moment. I figure the Falcon will head to the planned next base, and the show crew will head there and meet up.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Wait it's black rock spire after. Oh sheeeeeeet cross promotion

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I haven't watched any of Resistance yet, but is it going to continue the post IX storyline from this point on?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Thom12255 posted:

I haven't watched any of Resistance yet, but is it going to continue the post IX storyline from this point on?

If there's a time skip between TLJ and Ep.IX, it might slot in there.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Madurai posted:

If there's a time skip between TLJ and Ep.IX, it might slot in there.

Ah sorry, I meant TLJ.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

RIP Hosnian Prime

And yep, the Colossus is a big ol' ship

radlum
May 13, 2013
It was the moment I had been waiting for during the entire season and I think they did a pretty good job. Now I want to see more of how Kaz has taken that next week

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Finale prediction: So I'm guessing they'll get the Colossus off world, but it will ultimately be dead in the water/space once they arrive at wherever they're going. A set up which will possibly allow them to hear Leia's call for help, but ultimately not be able to do anything about it. It would be great to see them arrive at wherever this next Resistance base is supposed to be, but find no one else there yet, and then possibly have Leia and the rest arrive a few episodes into season 2.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Cross-Section posted:

RIP Hosnian Prime

And yep, the Colossus is a big ol' ship

We can see that it has ISD-style globes on the tower... and Captain Doza was an ex-Imperial...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man that was a rough place to end the episode on.

I am curious to see how the regular people are going to react to Starkiller.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Madurai posted:

We can see that it has ISD-style globes on the tower... and Captain Doza was an ex-Imperial...

The control station also looked very Imperial. Yeah I think it's a Star Destroyer.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I'm gonna say a clone wars era cruiser, like a venator or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Nah I reckon it's not a ship, it's just a mobile depot station, with enough self propulsion to move to new staging areas, but not enough for combat maneuvers.