Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
idk it isn't entirely absurd to hear about episodes finishing the week before air time. my mob example was basically to show a super tight high quality production schedule of another one comic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
That is entirely possible, heck more uncommon than rare even, but to be hearing this before the show starts rather than something like episodes not finished halfway into airing is not a good sign.

Mob and OPM S1 are deffo super rare stuff to hear about on the positive end of production scheduling. Nonetheless, I'm expecting disaster from OPM S2, but I'll be happy to be wrong

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Yeah, I'm just gonna skip this one and read the thread to find the highlights

But, who knows. I'm assuming the season will end on the tourney, or the death of the giant centipede. If they can make the final fights of that one as badass as I hope they would be animated, I'll call it a win. Hell, there might even be additional scenes with the final boss (who gets killed offscreen immediately as a joke)... but only if they keep that punchline. :colbert:

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I forgot where I read it, but apparently episodes are only now starting to be finished. A month out. This production's doomed.

That's fairly normal for anime. Hell, some shows only finish up a day or two before airing, though that does tend to be due to issues (see SHAFT's rocky ride with Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei). A month out seems more than fine. It's a decent window for last minute revisions/fixes.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hell Attack on Titan had different versions of episodes depending on the station bc they were working on it until it aired.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hell, some shows aren't even done when they're done. Blu-ray revisions are a thing in recent years, after all.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I remember Gridman finishing production in early November when the last episode didn't air until December 23rd.

Different shows, different setups.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Maybe Japan should stop stressing out content and try to do Quality Content instead

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Collapsing Farts posted:

Maybe Japan should stop stressing out content and try to do Quality Content instead

Here's the catch. Most anime barely makes enough money to justify its production. Only a small percentage of anime hits the jackpot, and that's ignoring the complications of the whole licensing process. Some studios can afford to take their time and schedule things out properly, but a lot of the time, anime's getting churned out to keep the lights on.

Further, there's no way to guarantee quality. A lot of anime that people poured their hearts into sucks. Meanwhile, a lot of anime that nobody expected anything from is surprisingly successful. Nobody knows what's going to work in advance.

There's a lot of problems with the whole system right now, but it's not as easy to fix as just saying "Make less stuff so you can make what's left good!"

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Maybe there should be less anime until animators can be paid a real wage and not worked to death.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Collapsing Farts posted:

That's hard when your animators are working 18 hours a day for peanuts.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

RatHat posted:

That's hard when your animators are working 18 hours a day for peanuts.

Dont forget those necessary bi-weekly trips to the hospital to take medications so they dont die from the lack of basic nutrition needs! :v:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Part of the issue is Japan's aging demographics. Less young people for new audiences, so you have to depend on the dwindling hardcore fanbase to keep the entire industry afloat. And so things become more and more insular and you get Mother-Son Incest Isekai Harem Fantasy #9213, Title is 10 Paragraphs Edition.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Let's not also ignore the fact that many, many people do not pay for anime or even watch it where it's broadcasted with ads. People aren't paying for manga either. It's amazing they make any money at all. You have to make up the cost by selling merchandise.

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice

Captain Cappy posted:

Maybe there should be less anime

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
MODS

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/1105899455469899776

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Does he ever draw any non-female characters like this? Would love to see Pig God drawn in some super cool sexy pose.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Suspicious Lump posted:

Does he ever draw any non-female characters like this? Would love to see Pig God drawn in some super cool sexy pose.

Well, there is 'Shirt painted on him' Garou

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Suspicious Lump posted:

Pig God doesn’t look like his actual wife so no

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Suspicious Lump posted:

Sonic, and he also goes all out on Pri-Pri-Prisoner when it comes down to poses.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Murata definitely puts as much effort into the beefcake as the cheesecake. I would put the blame on ONE for there only being two women in all of OPM, limiting the range of body types Murata can draw for the female characters.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Captain Cappy posted:

Murata definitely puts as much effort into the beefcake as the cheesecake. I would put the blame on ONE for there only being two women in all of OPM, limiting the range of body types Murata can draw for the female characters.

Hey now, he also draws Sassy Child tornado of terror types

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Suspicious Lump posted:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Someone post crotch veins Garou.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Captain Cappy posted:

Murata even introduced 2 new female characters of his own to draw, but he's still just too horny for Fubuki.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Those six months where everyone was obsessed with Olympic thigh crusher woman were pretty cool.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
sonic is blasting scrote whenever we see him in his costume

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Honestly I'm still obsessed with Olympic athlete superheroine tbh

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

SpacePig posted:

Murata even introduced 2 new female characters of his own to draw, but he's still just too horny for Fubuki.
He knows which in-series woman reigns supreme, I can respect that.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Gologle posted:

Honestly I'm still obsessed with Olympic athlete superheroine tbh
hell, same

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Murata is an equal opportunity horndog.

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
ONE animation
https://twitter.com/ONE_rakugaki/status/1105032287937191936

and ONE birds

https://twitter.com/ONE_rakugaki/status/1103212441310126080

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Sonic is still the hottest girl

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

A fair assumption

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I can't blame Murata for drawing Fubuki so much. After all, how else will he get a good look at his adoring wife's face?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

TheLoneStar posted:

I can't blame Murata for drawing Fubuki so much. After all, how else will he get a good look at his adoring wife's face?

When ONE forces him to take a mandatory break by withholding the rough drafts.

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope

skaianDestiny posted:

When ONE forces him to take a mandatory break by withholding the rough drafts.

ONE is Reigen to Murata's Mob. Looking out for his overpowered friend.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Meanwhile, Murata sought ONE out to become his assistant, while he was in the darkest place in his life, because he was so inspired by his work.

The comparison just keeps going.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

My (most powerful artist in the world) assistant who works part time and gets paid 300 yen per hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

i love this