Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Sketch people, never be bored waiting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

My friend does not look this bad IRL. I am not great at portraits.

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
Live daily doodling. Tonight's theme is... Beksinski.

https://www.twitch.tv/ikeflix

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
Tonight was Beksinski.

Reference for study:

IkeTurner fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Mar 5, 2019

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Getting there slowly. Maybe I should draw a dude for once.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

this one got a big laugh outta me

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

lofi posted:

That's really nice, her expression is gorgeous.

Thanks! I'm quite happy with how it turned out myself, too.

Fruity20 posted:

there's something about this work that I like. maybe i just like the gappy line art feel a lot but that's just me. now one thing that bothers me is the leg but maybe the pants are making them look weird. just me opinion.

I do a lot of gappy line art!
I think you're right about the leg, as well. I didn't spend much time on this is my excuse.

Today: An Encounter With an Old Friend

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Guess where I went today!

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

I'm enjoying drawing overly complex armor stuff right now so I drew my destiny lady.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

my buddy Superfly posted:

I'm enjoying drawing overly complex armor stuff right now so I drew my destiny lady.

:swoon: I love this!

Sketching

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Wanted to get some torso practice but got a bit carried away at the end. Oh well.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Man the release of Kingdom Hearts 3 was not good for my daily drawing habit but hopefully I'm back now. Did a quick one after seeing Captain Marvel and my friend said "Into the Danverse".

(not pictured: the guy told her to smile 5 seconds ago)

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010
Realized it's been a while since I've posted anything, mostly because of work and school getting in the way of my recreational drawing. I'm currently working on a project that's a little more illustrative and figured it fit the current theme of the thread. I was inspired by Simon Stalenhag's paintings to work some environmental/concept design into a public art project for school and I'm pretty happy with the results so far after playing around with a mock up digital painting over a random image I grabbed off of google. The final project will use my own photos and the comps will be a bit more site specific, the feel will be the same though.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I really love those legs, they're hella creepy.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

my buddy Superfly posted:

I love how I can identify every individual armor piece on your Titan: Scatterhorn Helm, Tangled Web Gauntlets, Tangled Web Plate, Mimetic Savior Legs (?) and a Mark I forget the name of.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Playing with different gold inks. Finally found some good ones.

I think left wins. Right is lovely (and is more metallic) but the image needs the bright pop.

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

dupersaurus posted:

Playing with different gold inks. Finally found some good ones.

I think left wins. Right is lovely (and is more metallic) but the image needs the bright pop.

Metallic inks are really fun. The left might look better in person, but in the screenshots the right looks better as a gold ink to me, no?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
crows are sky cats prove me wrong

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

Al! posted:

crows are sky cats prove me wrong

I agree entirely.

http://www.modillion.net/ws/vulture-c.jpg

IkeTurner fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Mar 8, 2019

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Drawing curves is way too fun.

Edit: V2 cause I forgot to draw in a butt

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 8, 2019

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

IkeTurner posted:

Metallic inks are really fun. The left might look better in person, but in the screenshots the right looks better as a gold ink to me, no?

Pretty much but it's not a huge difference (and probably a bit of it being newsprint). But it's more of a coppery gold and in this case I really want the bright yellow.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

More portrait practice. Facial features have lost all meaning, people are just meat blobs to me now.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

this was gratifying, but creepy as hell:

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Survival rates of 45% for what?

More portrait work.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lofi posted:

Survival rates of 45% for what?

sometimes the ai goofs up and lets people know about its dark experiments

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

im playing with brushes right now, i usually do pixel art but this is a fun excursion to learn. it's easier to do figures and harder to do background with digital painting but easier to do background and harder to do figures with pixel art, go figure

edit:
google must have a lot of bird training data because it's getting insanely good at identifying specific species of birds from a painting

Al! fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Mar 9, 2019

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

IronSaber posted:

I love how I can identify every individual armor piece on your Titan: Scatterhorn Helm, Tangled Web Gauntlets, Tangled Web Plate, Mimetic Savior Legs (?) and a Mark I forget the name of.

Wow nice yeah, that really just shows how well designed a lot of stuff in destiny is! Yeah I just super loved that helmet I got and wanted to find a reason to draw my character.

Now it's time for devil may cry fan art though!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

don't do heron

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my buddy Superfly