Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tempestus: Sorry I killed your twin and ran away.
Ami: Holy poo poo everything's fixed.
Mami: Also I'm alive.
Everyone:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Wait what I thought the robot exploded and killed Mami with it, if it just flew off with her then why?????

What??????

Unless Haruka is saying "took Ami's life away" or whatever.

What?

Ignoring the fact the translation keeps saying 'Ami' the rest of the words are correct in a literal sense, but, the intended takeaway is that she's dead in an explosion, yes.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I don't.

I don't get this anime.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

Ignoring the fact the translation keeps saying 'Ami' the rest of the words are correct in a literal sense, but, the intended takeaway is that she's dead.

BUT DIDN'T AMI DIE IN AN EXPLOSION? WHICH WOULD PRESUMABLY HAVE TAKEN OUT THE ROBOT TOO???

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

BUT DIDN'T AMI DIE IN AN EXPLOSION? WHICH WOULD PRESUMABLY HAVE TAKEN OUT THE ROBOT TOO???

Never mind the details, we just have to find Tempestus, and make him apologise

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also seriously what the gently caress Ami suddenly sitting on the piano after listening to the song she made and playing along????

This rapid shift.

Seriously????

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

Never mind the details, we just have to find Tempestus, and make him apologise

Tempestus better have an excuse ready!!!!!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Seriously I don't get it, why is everyone so confident that the robot is alive now that Haruka raised that possibility.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
THIS EPISODE JUST LEAVES ME WITH MORE QUESTIONS.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
IF MAMI IS ALIVE AND I'M PRETTY SURE SHE IS WHERE THE gently caress IS SHE. AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE? ON A loving DESERTED ISLAND WITH A BIGASS ROBOT?????

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gang: poo poo, we can't harmonize this poo poo, we need Ami.
Ami: I'm here now!
Gang: Everything's fixed!
Next Episode: Unharmonious Sound [Noise]
Everyone:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm going to keep making these shocked_pikachu.jpg memes while I watch this series.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress, it took me an hour and 30 minutes.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm not gonna lie I loving love the shocked Pikachu meme.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I'm not gonna lie I loving love... meme.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Ami is an idol that's super busy but doesn't have anyone to assist her with her makeup and preparations and poo poo. Not even a twin.

You haven’t watched Aikatsu, have you? It’s called self-produce.

Jesus gently caress they really do have loving musical instruments!!!!

Even better, those are totally bemani controllers

No, see, it imploded. So they’re off in another dimension, probably. That’s how anime works, right? Explosion: probably dead. Implosion: Teleported or whatever.

IF MAMI IS ALIVE AND I'M PRETTY SURE SHE IS WHERE THE gently caress IS SHE. AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE? ON A loving DESERTED ISLAND WITH A BIGASS ROBOT?????

A bizarre alternate universe where she became an idol in a small, struggling office in a Tokyo that still has a moon in the sky.

Haruka somehow forgetting the time that she was nearly killed by an iDOL twice.

In fact, as far as Haruka is concerned, 33% of all iDOLs currently known to exist have attempted to murder her. Since it happened twice it's actually 66%, that's how math works.

No see, Chihaya tried to kill her with an iDOL twice. I’m the iDOL itself was very upset about that.

Speaking of Chihaya and her robot, not a single word about “Dawn over Purple Moon,” the incredible name they came up with for “one of the scientists decided she wanted all the robots for herself and killed a bunch of people to get one?” Because that's an incredible name for what appears to be Azusa getting her rear end kicked and hanging out in a massive fire.

Polsy posted:

You can't really roll out the 'actually you shouldn't sit around feeling sorry for yourself' line on someone who had a thing happen like 10 years ago and is now a famous idol singer.

I’m pretty sure the only accurate translation here is her name, but she’s just another rookie. The CD isn’t even out yet, since it’s apparently still late August.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad the Pikachu meme is spreading.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

I’m pretty sure the only accurate translation here is her name, but she’s just another rookie. The CD isn’t even out yet, since it’s apparently still late August.

Ah, I had my doubts about that but by the time I decided to look at it properly it was smeared across the stadium so I couldn't read it properly.

It's incredibly weird how their translation varies from at least adequate to making stuff up entirely. Like sure, nobody wants to put 'I couldn't figure this out' in their subs but half the stuff is incredibly basic anyway. Even in 2007 I'm pretty sure JMDict was available on the internet.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
That's just plain katakana so I'm amazed they managed to screw that up.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

It seems like the translator had either just japanese subs or just the audio to go with. Probably a transcription, based on how they mangle things that would be written in katakana, like Turiavita (which was also quite plainly shown on screen, albeit before it was ever said) or Modenkind. It seems that when something was written on screen, they had the text, but absolutely not the image — that picturebook about how iDOLs destroy drops makes that clear enough. There's plenty of pretty strange stuff, like "positive" somehow becoming "preserve" (maybe?) on that Ami ad. Or an episode or two back where every instance of the word konpeito (which is, incidentally, written in katakana here) became "compact."

Sidenote: I went ahead and went to wikipedia and looked at some things. So I can confirm that

Polsy posted:

I'm pretty sure this isn't what mystery guy said but I'm not sure what it actually was and they're determined to be mysterious so I let it go

is certainly not what he said, although what he did say doesn't mean anything yet (and I didn't bother to look for further spoilers besides "is the thing I thought I heard here in this list of terms.")

What I was really after was what the hell iDOL means and oh man, it's super dumb and probably super plot-relevant, except it's in English and obscure enough that there's almost definitely no overlap between the japanese people who know what the word means and the japanese people who would watch a robot idol show. So even though they did technically show it (in stunningly illegible quality), it probably isn't meant to mean anything to anyone just yet.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
BanDori S2 sure is dark, I can’t believe they killed off Rokka on screen like that

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

Exia posted:

BanDori S2 sure is dark, I can’t believe they killed off Rokka on screen like that

rokka is dead, long live LOCK

Also I'm looking forward to them adding Nakanai, Nakanai to the game (at some point) (next year for WW)

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
RIOT

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

RIOT is good

Looks like Star Beat again next week

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

CHU2 is the Best Worst Villain ever

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

SatoshiMiwa posted:

CHU2 is the Best Worst Villain ever

Unfortunately for her Evil Plans, previews show that next episode she ends up in Arisa’s Basement of Friendship, where her ambitions will surely come crashing down

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I also liked the episode confirmed that Pareo dyes her hair (And is also a Super of Pastel Palette)

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Mar 8, 2019

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Bang Dream S2 ep 11 has a new song, important for the plot, but not subtitled anywhere. I tried translating it, not sure if it reads well. Corrections accepted. I can make subtitles of it for the next idolwatch if anyone's interested.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
This was a really good wrap up of the Tae plot arc and got me tearing up a bit.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
Reanimating (or well, redrawing because they were all stills) all the parts of season 1 used for that flashback was great. CHU2 also continues to be great.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I can’t believe CHU2 resisted the basement of friendship

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
ZENKAI NO XENOGLOSSIA.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I ended up on the wrong episode again.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh hey it's time for a LET'S HUMANIZE MAKOTO episode.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You see it's funny because Makoto refuses to humanize the iDOLs.

Also wow I guess Azusa used to be a pilot.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You know it's already hosed up that the organization is dragging in high school girls to pilot their sexist robots, but the realization that they drag in kids when they're in, like, elementary school.

Is loving horrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please, fansubbers, I don't want to get angry at you guys today.