Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Lifehack: take your water to the gym in a mineral oil bottle. Nobody will ever gently caress with you again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Really the moral here is "heat your knife up so you toast the bread as you slice it"

Bread? I thought we were talking about legs here?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Karate Bastard posted:

Bread? I thought we were talking about legs here?

Like a hot knife through an intern

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Lifehack: Workout in your work clothes so you don't have to do as much laundry.
Wear a fuzzy hat to prevent sweat from running into your eyes.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

its all nice on rice posted:

jokes on you because planet fitness actually has rules about wearing things like jeans and stuff

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Really the moral here is "heat your knife up so you toast the bread as you slice it"

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Gym is derived from the Greek word 'gymno' meaning naked. This is a true fact brought to you by the you don't need kit to get fit association

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Crimpolioni posted:

Not to continue the derail but just as one final point; it's not just about water, obviously. The thing about microagressions is that it builds from many different sources. So you'll have the water jugs, and the deliberate wearing of sleeveless shirts to show the size of their muscles and with all these things together a very clear threat / dominance display is made. Why would anyone want to be around people who are trying to hurt and frighten them?

Wait so people being buff in a gym is intimidating? How do...the people who have this problem like go outside, that's the whole point of a gym. I'm a fat loser and when I tried going to a gym people being swole didn't "intimidate" me out of not going back, I didn't go back because I'm a lazy piece of poo poo.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
^^^^^

Stop

jobson groeth posted:

Gym is derived from the Greek word 'gymno' meaning naked. This is a true fact brought to you by the you don't need kit to get fit association

Don't need a gallon jug of water when you can just have your naked boy servant spit in your mouth

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

That scene always bothered me because you see her cut into the table but it shows no marks.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Lifehack: If you make a big deal out of a gym not catering to your needs it'll look like you actually go to a gym!

Bonus lifehack: Bothered by how underpowered a quip is vs. a sonicare? Try brushing with two quips at the same time!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

RandomPauI posted:

Lifehack: If you make a big deal out of a gym not catering to your needs it'll look like you actually go to a gym!

Bonus lifehack: Bothered by how underpowered a quip is vs. a sonicare? Try brushing with two quips at the same time!

But the Quip is the only ADA recommended subscription toothbrush! And if you sign up now at getquip.com/jfcyougoonsareinsane you can get $5 off your first order!

Seriously though. This might possibly be the dumbest derail I've seen recently.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Len posted:

But the Quip is the only ADA recommended subscription toothbrush! And if you sign up now at getquip.com/jfcyougoonsareinsane you can get $5 off your first order!

Seriously though. This might possibly be the dumbest derail I've seen recently.

Turn on your monitor etc

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

jokes on you because planet fitness actually has rules about wearing things like jeans and stuff

You say this but I've witnessed a woman in mucklucks, an ushanka, and puffy winter jacket doing hip abductions and a middle age man in a button up shirt and jeans doing leg curls.
The PF I go to gives no fucks.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Lifehack: don't enjoy all the hassle of cooking? Try Blue Apron! If you go to blueapron.com/moveonplease to save $20 on your first purchase!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

You say this but I've witnessed a woman in mucklucks, an ushanka, and puffy winter jacket doing hip abductions and a middle age man in a button up shirt and jeans doing leg curls.

Wait, are you saying PF DOESN'T have secret police that swoop out and enforce rules with a swift and violent hand, throwing you out of a garbage chute while an alarm blares and the fatties cheer?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Len posted:

Lifehack: don't enjoy all the hassle of cooking? Try Blue Apron! If you go to blueapron.com/moveonplease to save $20 on your first purchase!

I used BlueApron for a few years and loved it. You still do all the cooking, but they portion it all out for you. It makes less sense now that I've got a kid, but not having to plan and shop for 3 or 4 days a week was rad.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Blue Apron and similar meal subscription services have a role, I guess, for people who don't know how to cook, want to learn how to cook, don't know where to start, and also have the disposable income to have it simplified for them like that.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Len posted:

Me and my girlfriend tried blue apron, for someone who barely if ever made anything more complicated than an omelette it was useful for learning stuff and getting some recipes and ideas, but my parents also refused to let me use an oven until I was 17 so I might be in a unique situation.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

6:20 for a diy cotton candy machine

https://youtu.be/icN4LEvoAZo

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Places with vague dress codes have them so they can selectively enforce it based on race. :ssh:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Len posted:

6:20 for a diy cotton candy machine

https://youtu.be/icN4LEvoAZo

I am not a pro Baker but I don't think you stack a four layer cake without anything holding each layer together.

You definitely wouldn't want to do it when each layer is made of three rings Frankensteind together.

Not sure I'd be okay with eating chocolate and Vaseline as much as these people are either

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

RoboRodent posted:

Blue Apron and similar meal subscription services have a role, I guess, for people who don't know how to cook, want to learn how to cook, don't know where to start, and also have the disposable income to have it simplified for them like that.

They aren't simple recipes, they are just put together for you. The cooking is real and the food is generally great. We used it to avoid having to go to the store and deal with leftovers, but yeah it is expensive.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

There are videos of people testing 5 minute crafts. My evening is complete

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
O yea gimme that

hot glue

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

There's a scene in the comedy green wing where the women in the office are drinking water and trying to one-up each other, for the life of me I can't find it though. It's all I can picture when people talk about aggressively drinking water.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

cakesmith handyman posted:

There's a scene in the comedy green wing where the women in the office are drinking water and trying to one-up each other, for the life of me I can't find it though. It's all I can picture when people talk about aggressively drinking water.

It's from Smack the Pony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4TFcnuuyNs

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

jobson groeth posted:

This is one of the best gym convo openers when you chat with a stranger at the gym. They either get it and you both have a chuckle and something in common, or they get really upset and you immediately know there's no common ground for socialization.

Discussing the merits of avocado as a vegan/veg source of lipids is a distant second. Health freaks have a lot to say about avocados.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Want to cook a fancy dessert but only have ice cream, eggs, and sugar? There's a recipe for that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWXzYwulaU4

(This feels like the platonic ideal of lifehacking cooking)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
my brother bought some 18650 cells. the package said "phone case".

said "i guess that's how you get lithium on planes now". then he went googling

lmao

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Elohssa Gib posted:

That scene always bothered me because you see her cut into the table but it shows no marks.

The plate is clearly made from Cortosis.

Shadownerd
Aug 2, 2007
Fabricati Diem, Pvnc.
I know people have mostly moved on but I just want to say that the only time the Lunk alarm went off while I was in Planet Fitness I had my headphones on, so I didn’t hear the alarm. I did, however, hear the enormous grunt that prompted it.

Planet Fitnesses are good, have a great day

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Shadownerd posted:

I know people have mostly moved on but I just want to say that the only time the Lunk alarm went off while I was in Planet Fitness I had my headphones on, so I didn’t hear the alarm. I did, however, hear the enormous grunt that prompted it.

Planet Fitnesses are good, have a great day

Agreed. People don't really consider the sheer noise of it and how startling it can be. If a heavy weight is dropped from the resultant shock, significant injury can easily occur.

insta
Jan 28, 2009
Planet Fitness doesn't have heavy weights. They have machines and treadmills with the "calories-per-mile" counter cranked way up.

But, yes, the lunk alarm is cool and good for their clientele.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

insta posted:

Planet Fitness doesn't have heavy weights. They have machines and treadmills with the "calories-per-mile" counter cranked way up.

But, yes, the lunk alarm is cool and good for their clientele.

They absolutely have heavyweights what are you talking about

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

insta posted:

Planet Fitness doesn't have heavy weights.

What???

No, seriously. Are you lying, or talking out of your rear end?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also the calories tracker on those treadmills is just fine according to my step tracker app. There's nothing incongruous about it.

The dumbbells go up to at least 60 pounds, the squat racks and barbells to several hundred, and stuff like the leg press to 300+. The only stuff you're not going to be able to do is something like a 700 pound deadlift.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
leg press is dumb as hell anyways and people that put a bunch of weight on it are just ego stroking and playing chicken with the chance their legs bend back

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Zipperelli. posted:

What???

No, seriously. Are you lying, or talking out of your rear end?

This is another thing that varies from one location to the next. Some places have normal weights, some max out at 60 pounds, some don't have squat racks at all, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
How did Planet Fitness talk come back? :smithicide: