Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Technically, it was me who killed the dancer. Because I did the same when I bought tickets to see Soundgarden also in Dallas and... yeah. :smith:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Why do I always find out about this poo poo in super random SA threads?

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
So whats the return policy like at Ticketmaster?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Are they not cancelling the show?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

Are they not cancelling the show?

Ticketmaster doesn't care. If you want your money back beyond the face value of the ticket you have to call your credit card company.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

gently caress ticketmaster.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Trabant posted:

Technically, it was me who killed the dancer. Because I did the same when I bought tickets to see Soundgarden also in Dallas and... yeah. :smith:

Hey man I got you some Post Malone tickets.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

gently caress ticketmaster.

I LOVE paying 50% more for a billion conveniences!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Ormy posted:

The people who don't like them probably haven't driven one. They're great fun.

I'm sure they're fun but in what world can a mini be called a "sports car"?

I bought a bunch of cheap clothes (cargo pants and shirts) from kohls.com because I don't want to think about clothes shopping for several years and soon I'm going be getting thrown up on a bunch by a baby.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

oscarthewilde posted:

I don't how long you'll be staying, and chances are you won't even visit, but if you are visiting Utrecht, and need some tips, I know some pretty nices places.

AH!
I will be in Utrecht for a week on my own while my partner is working.

Tell me everything! PMs are also open.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you
Got a Eufy 11S robot vaccum because gently caress vacuuming up my dogs hair every drat day. Its super quiet, and slim enough to get under all the furniture. Highly recommend! No pic because its a robot vacuum and they all look like over-sized plastic hockey pucks.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm so sad about this :smith: He was a legend and mental illness is a real motherfucker.

I was so excited to see them because I've been loving them for years and years and this would've been my first time seeing them live, but I 100% understand if they cancel the tour now. I don't want them to try and find a replacement, if they would even do that. Keith was such an essential part of their family for so long that how could he even be replaced?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Seeing them live was on my bucket list. :sigh:

Depression is a motherfucker. I know what it's like.

:rip: Flinty.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I'm so sad about this :smith: He was a legend and mental illness is a real motherfucker.

I was so excited to see them because I've been loving them for years and years and this would've been my first time seeing them live, but I 100% understand if they cancel the tour now. I don't want them to try and find a replacement, if they would even do that. Keith was such an essential part of their family for so long that how could he even be replaced?

:same:

There was a part of me thinking "I'm a grown adult, I could be super dumb and fly to see that concert... call it a family vacation." Guess not. This is the first celebrity death I've actually given a poo poo about ever in my life, and only because I wanted to see them perform my childhood live.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

There's been a couple celebrity deaths that have hit pretty hard, most of them musicians. Lemmy, Bowie, Prince. I think the worst one for me though was Robin Williams. Both because I loved his body of work and how/why he went out.

I was also strongly thinkin about hoppin on a plane to go see prodigy since they weren't comin here :smith:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

OniPanda posted:

There's been a couple celebrity deaths that have hit pretty hard, most of them musicians. Lemmy, Bowie, Prince. I think the worst one for me though was Robin Williams. Both because I loved his body of work and how/why he went out.

I was also strongly thinkin about hoppin on a plane to go see prodigy since they weren't comin here :smith:
Yeah, Robin Williams and Bowie destroyed me too :smith:

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

New stove! :chef:

Looks slightly out of place in the old kitchen, but they're taking the gas out and replacing it with three-phase so it has to come before any renovations.

Really efficient, too. The temperature in the oven was 200C, but the hottest part on that picture was 40C.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Induction cooking scares me.

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

Induction cooking scares me.

:ohdear:

Anything I should know about it?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Nah. I just understand and like fire.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I've found it hard going back to fire from having induction in my last place

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
need a match to flambe with induction

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Induction is the coolest thing, but I'm in the Chicago area and so everything in my house is powered by natural gas.

Plus I like to do a lot of wok cooking and I don't know how you do that with induction.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Aramek posted:

Plus I like to do a lot of wok cooking and I don't know how you do that with induction.

The world's most terrifying wok shaped induction basket. :getin:

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Inzombiac posted:

AH!
I will be in Utrecht for a week on my own while my partner is working.

Tell me everything! PMs are also open.

Wow, a whole week! I'll definitely need to think of enough places to see and things to do, cause it's not that big of a city. Anyway, I never got around to actually getting platinum so I don't have PM's. Any other way of contacting you?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

oscarthewilde posted:

Wow, a whole week! I'll definitely need to think of enough places to see and things to do, cause it's not that big of a city. Anyway, I never got around to actually getting platinum so I don't have PM's. Any other way of contacting you?

Just share your wealth of knowledge here. Goons travel, sometimes!

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

mfcrocker posted:

I've found it hard going back to fire from having induction in my last place

We just put an induction cooktop in and it's so nice to use. Works super well with the cast iron.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
A transmission control module (TCM) for my Mazda 3. Been having all sorts of issues like the transmission getting stuck in third gear, check engine light with a communication failure code, etc...

Technically I'm paying for a repair...I remove it and ship it to them, they repair or swap it with another repaired/refurbed one and ship it back.

I guess it's a pretty common failure point, I saw a lot of forum posts about it and found easily 3 or 4 places online that do these swaps/repairs.

$200, but a new one is over $400, and a refurbed one sent to me when I don't send them mine is $250 to $300.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

DrBouvenstein posted:

A transmission control module (TCM) for my Mazda 3. Been having all sorts of issues like the transmission getting stuck in third gear, check engine light with a communication failure code, etc...

Technically I'm paying for a repair...I remove it and ship it to them, they repair or swap it with another repaired/refurbed one and ship it back.

I guess it's a pretty common failure point, I saw a lot of forum posts about it and found easily 3 or 4 places online that do these swaps/repairs.

$200, but a new one is over $400, and a refurbed one sent to me when I don't send them mine is $250 to $300.

This failed on my Mercedes because they put in in a place where a leaky oilpan sprays hot oil onto it and it fails like clockwork somewhere around 80-120K miles.

Still, loved that car.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
To go with some of the other M18 tools I bought recently

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I spent 25% of my pay check at the gay store

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

I spent 25% of my pay check at the gay store

Urban Outfitters?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

colas posted:

Urban Outfitters?

Um, Urban Outfitters is extremely straight.

The gay store is either Hone Depot or Charming Charlie’s .

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Oh no, I like Home Depot, oh no!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Never seen a straight man shop at Williams Sonoma. Except for myself.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

Never seen a straight man shop at Williams Sonoma. Except for myself.

I've got news for you buddy.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I've never been in a Williams-Sonoma because their catalog is full of really expensive stupid crap.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Aramek posted:

I've never been in a Williams-Sonoma because their catalog is full of really expensive stupid crap.

(hands you copy of SkyMall)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

If you're Canadian add Lee Valley to that list.