Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
This is the same judge who sentenced a guy to 40 years for selling meth, Judge Smails style, “because I felt I owed it to him”

Not really but it was some other bullshit like “this is wrong but not immoral, if it were immora I’d have to resign” :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
One old, well off white guy saw himself in another old, well off white guy. Hmm, mercy is required here.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
It’s good to know that deep down, all the incredible cynicism in this thread really does conceal a strong moral center. We can still be unhappy and surprised by something.

Gleri
Mar 10, 2009
It’s funny to me because up here a four year sentence would be unusually harsh for someone like Mannafort. I think it’s a consequence of the insanely harsh system you have overall that it seems soft. Armed robbery will get you three years where I live and that doesn’t bother me.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Gleri posted:

It’s funny to me because up here a four year sentence would be unusually harsh for someone like Mannafort. I think it’s a consequence of the insanely harsh system you have overall that it seems soft. Armed robbery will get you three years where I live and that doesn’t bother me.

Proportionality is the issue. Imagine someone getting three years for armed robbery and then someone that was involved in decades of crimes and immoral acts, who continued to commit crimes and flaunts his disregard for the law while on bail and in prison, gets like 3 months. And may be out in 1.5 months with good behavior.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Look Sir Droids posted:

Proportionality is the issue. Imagine someone getting three years for armed robbery and then someone that was involved in decades of crimes and immoral acts, who continued to commit crimes and flaunts his disregard for the law while on bail and in prison, gets like 3 months. And may be out in 1.5 months with good behavior.

And add on top a judge saying a war-criminal has lived a largely good life.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Pook Good Mook posted:

And add on top a judge saying a war-criminal has lived a largely good life.

A multi-time war criminal who is one of the closest living examples of a traitor who is literally awaiting sentencing for different felony convictions.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
It serves none of the purposes of criminal prosecution. Hey immoral garbage person: you can live a life of insane riches, be completely inconsiderate of anyone and everyone around you, literally help dictators commit atrocities and torture and kill people for decades, deny it all and make every effort to illegally sabotage your trial—and if you still, against all odds, get convicted of numerous felonies, your only penalty will be 3.5 years in prison (most likely in protective adseg with a laptop and a phone)

TOUGH DECISION

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Now playing: Immortal Technique - Rich Man's World (1%)

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord
I'm tired and want to play video games.

Can an middle age white male make a bunch of money playing StarCraft II on twitch? Also I'm not particularly funny or interesting if that's important.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Roger_Mudd posted:

Can an middle age white male make a bunch of money playing StarCraft II on twitch? Also I'm not particularly funny or interesting if that's important.

Only if you have big boobs.

I'm at a LAN party right now, chugging red bull and screaming cursewords at friends with inexplicable luck at 3d shooters. It's like being 14 again.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Roger_Mudd posted:

You don't have to be funny or interesting if you're amazing at it.

I can also teach you how to make Let's Plays if you want (or if you want to guest on mine but the game we're playing is loving terrible).

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

GrandmaParty posted:

I can also teach you how to make Let's Plays if you want (or if you want to guest on mine but the game we're playing is loving terrible).

i don't think the middle aged white guy is gonna be amazing at it

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

GrandmaParty posted:

Post yours nerd

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Hoshi posted:

Post yours nerd

:actually:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3881147

You gotta understand

This game is so fuckin' bad.

Edit:

In law thread news, my Lyft driver was a corporate lawyer in Argentina for 33 years and he's getting an LLM.

He said he didn't want to practice law anymore.

I asked him what the gently caress he was doing and he said "It's either law or Domino's."

I think I'd pick Domino's.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 8, 2019

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

I'm loving watching this.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

GrandmaParty posted:

:actually:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3881147

You gotta understand

This game is so fuckin' bad.

Edit:

In law thread news, my Lyft driver was a corporate lawyer in Argentina for 33 years and he's getting an LLM.

He said he didn't want to practice law anymore.

I asked him what the gently caress he was doing and he said "It's either law or Domino's."

I think I'd pick Domino's.

Oh snap you actually did it. I'm going to watch this with my friends and when we're drinking tn I'll lyk how bad it is

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Just a heads up, the audio in 1 is wonkier than I'd like but it was my first one ever.

The best ones are probably 2, 3, 5, 8 and 10.

And if anyone wants to try co-commentating, let me know. Because I have trouble getting people to do it twice because the game sucks.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

GrandmaParty posted:

I'll be a guest on your show, but only if I can use swear words.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Roger_Mudd posted:

How racist can you be

Because the alt right grift is a good one if you can get it. Paunchy, white, and talking into a camera in your bedroom is not only tolerated, it's pretty much required.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Roger_Mudd posted:

It you are one of the top, say, 500 StarCraft players in the world and are willing to become an insufferable human brand (see below for non-Starcraft example), then maybe.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

blarzgh posted:

I'll be a guest on your show, but only if I can use swear words.

The alternate titles for Episode 11 were "What's Latin for Cumcatcher?" and also "Big Dick Garfield" so I think you'll be ok.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
That guy seems smart because his gimmick is also a costume so no one in real life has to know that he's "Dr. Disrespect"

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Popero posted:

That guy seems smart because his gimmick is also a costume so no one in real life has to know that he's "Dr. Disrespect"

Well his wife probably knows, seeing as he immediately cheated on her with a groupie after achieving a modicum of fame.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

Well his wife probably knows, seeing as he immediately cheated on her with a groupie after achieving a modicum of fame.

Oh so it's Toona.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Kalman posted:

Oh so it's Toona.

Toona achieved a modicum of fame after he cheated on his wife.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

Kalman posted:

Oh so it's Toona.

No he was making money when he did that

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Look Sir Droids posted:

Toona achieved a modicum of fame after he cheated on his wife.

He cheated on his second wife with his study partner. He cheated on his first wife with his second.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yeah I considered a Toona ref but that didn't seem fair to Dr Disrespect.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

Mr. Nice! posted:

He cheated on his second wife with his study partner. He cheated on his first wife with his second.

His second wife was also a study partner at one point.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Meatbag Esq. posted:

His second wife was also a study partner at one point.

Toonaception.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Vox Nihili posted:

And posted one of the most unintentionally hilarious videos I've ever seen, confessing to it.

GrandmaParty posted:

The alternate titles for Episode 11 were "What's Latin for Cumcatcher?" and also "Big Dick Garfield" so I think you'll be ok.

Ok, PM me how to do it.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
Study partner update, by the way: she hasn’t talked to me in months because she finished third in our class, I finished well behind her and have the better paying, less stressful job. Ran into her judging mock trials last week and she acted like I was a total stranger.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I like that you expected your former mistress to warmly embrace you after your affair ended.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

El_Elegante posted:

I like that you expected your former mistress to warmly embrace you after your affair ended.

We were still good friends up until graduation.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Toona the Cat posted:

Study partner update, by the way: she hasn’t talked to me in months because she finished third in our class, I finished well behind her and have the better paying, less stressful job. Ran into her judging mock trials last week and she acted like I was a total stranger.

She must be struggling through her federal clerkship. Really a huge burden, I'm sure.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

Vox Nihili posted:

She must be struggling through her federal clerkship. Really a huge burden, I'm sure.

Associate at a small PI firm.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Toona the Cat posted:

drat, she sure seems to set her sights too low.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Toona the Cat posted:

Tbh that’s how I reacted to classmates that didn’t pass the bar, and I didn’t even gently caress any of them.

:boom:

Lol jk. What did you expect? That first year after graduation is a long one. I cut the number of law classmates I stayed in touch with in half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Toona the Cat posted:

I guess you really taught her how to settle