Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
"Let's rank your problems."

Ok that was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I like that I completely forgot about the mystery prisoner. Had me thinking Luffy was going to get out of this on his own after he got the cuffs off. I wonder if we'll get a callback where it looks like Luffy is dead after everyone shoots at him but, ninja ninja, he got his cuffs unlocked just before.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

has haki always been suppressed by seastone

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Ryaomon posted:

wow one saibnaman is as strong as raditz thats crazy

I just meant that Katakuri having a huge bounty while being second in command makes sense in that Big Mom is his... well mom - they're a crazy strong pirate family. Kaido somehow has two absolutely insanely strong subordinates each of which could presumably crush most shichibukai and be super successful in their own right yet they are loyal to Kaido and happy to play second/third fiddle to him - makes me wonder if there will be any exposition on the matter or if it will just boil down to 'Kaido strongest'

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

oddium posted:

Nope, it just saps your strength and takes away your fruit powers (unlike actual water which still lets Luffy be elastic and poo poo). That’s brand new but I guess supposed to explain why he can’t armament though explosions.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

oddium posted:

It doesn't directly suppress it, but the draining effect makes it hard to concentrate, which is a core part of Haki use.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
So at this point Nami and Robin have the highest body count of all the strawhats right?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Until now I don’t think we’ve had the chance to see how haki would interact with seastone. Luffy is concentrating so hard on just fighting off the basic effects of seastone (which is already dumbfounding the guards) that he doesn’t have enough left to bend reality with haki. If this were earlier in the story I’d expect the cuffs to come off before the big moment, but now I think it’s either figure out how to break out haki anyway or just break through conventionally. Well, “conventionally.” This is still One Piece.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
https://twitter.com/OnePiecePodcast/status/1103981893752668160 take a gander at this

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
[quote="scary ghost dog" post="493196715"]
https://twitter.com/OnePiecePodcast/status/1103981893752668160 take a gander at

Oh no

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hell yeah

I hope it's awful in the best ways

DanZX
May 5, 2015

I’m ready for a shirtless Danny DeVito as Chopper

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

MonsterEnvy posted:

Queen is fun.

Yeah, Queen reminds me of the goofy, east-blue type villains. I hope they continue to be entertaining as such.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Super Rad posted:

I just meant that Katakuri having a huge bounty while being second in command makes sense in that Big Mom is his... well mom - they're a crazy strong pirate family. Kaido somehow has two absolutely insanely strong subordinates each of which could presumably crush most shichibukai and be super successful in their own right yet they are loyal to Kaido and happy to play second/third fiddle to him - makes me wonder if there will be any exposition on the matter or if it will just boil down to 'Kaido strongest'

bounties aren't well thought out and are just used as a cheap way to build stakes, it's that easy

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
There's a listing but so far no cast or showrunner or anything else so I expect there won't be any live-action One Piece for at least a couple of years

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Didn't we hear something a while back about a live action One Piece series potentially being a thing?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Netflix is actually just doing their own One Piece Kai. It's totally unliscensed and Oda is very vocally against it. He's also providing a live pirate rap intro for each episode.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ryaomon posted:

bounties aren't well thought out and are just used as a cheap way to build stakes, it's that easy

I think you'll find that if you search your heart, bounties are good actually

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Laughed a lot at Queen's opening dance.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Gyges posted:

Netflix is actually just doing their own One Piece Kai. It's totally unliscensed and Oda is very vocally against it. He's also providing a live pirate rap intro for each episode.

If that show somehow gets all the way to Marineford and does the whole war with actual proper pacing, I will watch every single episode start to end.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Repost

That's the loving Fisherman's wife octopus

:nws:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Because it's an octopus?

I mean we saw this guy before:
https://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/910/6

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Yeah but other octopi like Surume looked more cartoony and didnt had a job washing women

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

i'm glad we found a way to get tentacle and beak violation involved

thanks

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Puckish Rogue posted:

i'm glad we found a way to get tentacle and beak violation involved

thanks

its a famous piece of art.....

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Super Rad posted:

Crazy to think Queen's bounty is 153 million more than Katakuri's and King's is likely even higher.

Nah it makes sense. Kaidous guys are way more destructive, they cause devastation wherever they go so of course they'd be more notorious.Big Mom's commanders are more like a mafia family, they destroy but it's much more controlled and for a purpose.

It's like with Eneru, Oda said he would've gotten a bounty of $500,000,000 on destructive capability alone, but he's basically chump change to people who actually have a bounty that high.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

robin had a bounty of 79 000 000 as a child just for escaping ohara

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

it has always bothered me that robin's bounty wasn't rounded up to 80 million

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

U-DO Burger posted:

it has always bothered me that robin's bounty wasn't rounded up to 80 million

That's just the maximum bounty they can give you in pirate juvie.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

oddium posted:

robin had a bounty of 79 000 000 as a child just for escaping ohara
I was always surprised it wasn't higher considering how potentially dangerous she was to the World Government.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

TheLoneStar posted:

I was always surprised it wasn't higher considering how potentially dangerous she was to the World Government.

imo if they made an 8-year-old's bounty that high it wouldn't just be bounty hunters after her, but enemies of the government who would try to shelter her until they figured out why she was considered so big a threat to the WG, and a poneglyph translator is the last thing the WG wants their enemies to have

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

:bisonyes:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt4zvJNXbdI

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God drat that's some good poo poo, Heart's hilarious so far.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

God drat that's some good poo poo, Heart's hilarious so far.

Queen. Heart got murdered by Doflamigo back in Laws Flashback.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mulderman posted:

So at this point Nami and Robin have the highest body count of all the strawhats right?
Franky's chest is still bigger so no

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

Queen. Heart got murdered by Doflamigo back in Laws Flashback.

Aw gently caress my bad I conflated the dude with Heart from Fist of the North Star.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

tbp posted:

i mean by the same token it DOES seem as if big mom's crew has a greater breadth of top tier non pushovers, whereas the beast pirates as a whole seem fairly poo poo after the top gang

Probably helps that a lot of Big Mom's heavy hitters are literally her kids, and have presumably inherited a measure of her insane strength.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Aw gently caress my bad I conflated the dude with Heart from Fist of the North Star.

nah he's rufus from SF4