Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Nocheez posted:

Berettas (and the 4-door Corsicas) are so rare to see anymore that I actually point them out to my wife on road trips. If anyone can keep one running and wants to pimp it out, they should be given a medal. Or a padded cell. Whichever.
We were literally just talking about this the other night when we got together in Calgary. As someone in their mid 40s, realizing the cars that were completely ubiquitous in 80s and 90s are now virtually gone. We should come up with a term when the crossover point of the somewhat rare cars of an era actually outnumber the plentiful common cars of that same era.

Like, when did the 1986 911s outnumber 1986 Tempos? Because I am pretty sure we have passed that point with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Nocheez posted:

Berettas (and the 4-door Corsicas) are so rare to see anymore that I actually point them out to my wife on road trips. If anyone can keep one running and wants to pimp it out, they should be given a medal. Or a padded cell. Whichever.

So true. And those things were like 50% of my HS parking lot.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

slidebite posted:

We were literally just talking about this the other night when we got together in Calgary. As someone in their mid 40s, realizing the cars that were completely ubiquitous in 80s and 90s are now virtually gone. We should come up with a term when the crossover point of the somewhat rare cars of an era actually outnumber the plentiful common cars of that same era.

Like, when did the 1986 911s outnumber 1986 Tempos? Because I am pretty sure we have passed that point with them.

Well, an owner has more incentive to keep a cool or interesting car on the road. Which is why most of the old Nissans around here are either Z cars or S chassis(for example). I saw a Stanza the other day and realized how long it had been since I last saw one.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I saw a Geo Metro wagon last night. I honestly can't think of the last time before that.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Krakkles posted:

I saw a Geo Metro wagon last night. I honestly can't think of the last time before that.

I wonder what it could tow?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Krakkles posted:

There was a Metro wagon?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Frond posted:

There was a Metro wagon?
5 door? I think of this as a wagon, but maybe that's not the right term?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Krakkles posted:

5 door? I think of this as a wagon, but maybe that's not the right term?

I actually thought they were all 3 doors. Crazy. I've never seen one.

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan
I believe the last generation (94-97?) was 2-door only? my dad had a ‘93 XFI, the truly bare-bones version, for almost 2 decades. under 1600lb wet, 1.0l 3-cyl. as close as we ever got to a kei-car. it would get 58mpg effortlessly, I think his best tank was nearly 78mpg. I miss cars like that :(

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I genuinely love the 1L convertible Metro

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

The Door Frame posted:

I genuinely love the 1L convertible Metro

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a22533828/battle-of-the-beaters-v-the-geo-metro-craigslist-cup/

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
Ubiquitous missing car chat:

I graduated HS in '97 in Minnesota. The parking lot had so many Ford and GM sedans in varying states of decay it was insane, especially Tauruses and GM W bodies. Almost every person that drove a Beretta or Corsica was white trash. I got forced into owning a Festiva senior year and beyond (my uncle was selling it, dad bought it) after my loving awesome $500 Datsun Maxima died. Who in my HS received the most poo poo for their car (after me)?... the poor bastard that had the school's only Tempo.

I really hated that Festiva... god I miss it.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

That poor old man, I'm afraid that's going to be me when I'm his age

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

snugglz posted:

I believe the last generation (94-97?) was 2-door only?

3 door hatch or 4 door sedan.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

That 1.0L is torquey little bastard. Mine could take off from 3rd.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
At least half of the people that went to my high school drove Chevy Cavaliers

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Brolander posted:

At least half of the people that went to my high school drove Chevy Cavaliers

My high school was a mix of Volvos and fox body Mustangs with the occasional Saleen because I lived about an hour away from NYC in a bougie as gently caress area mixed with working class.

All the Saleens were auto though because their mom's wanted to drive it once in a while.

DiggityDoink fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Mar 10, 2019

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I forget where mini truck chat was happening but just found this beauty. Has everything done Id pretty much do except for paint/suspension. Looks like no rust which is amazing for this area.

https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/d/southwick-mini-truck-mazda-b2000-mint/6798187252.html

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Here you go craigslist thread, here you go:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

KakerMix posted:

It's beautiful. Does it smell like grandma?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

KakerMix posted:

I'd prefer to donk out a box, not a bubble.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
These are so sexy, I wish I had money to buy this and swap something in.

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/d/library-2004-mazda-rx8/6843471728.html

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Brolander posted:

These are so sexy, I wish I had money to buy this and swap something in.

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/d/library-2004-mazda-rx8/6843471728.html

So does Mazda.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Or hell, find a wrecked one with a good motor. They definitely exist and those things will go forever if you only drive it downhill on odd days after warming it up for exactly 12 minutes

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?
Rx8s have absolutely hit the bottom of the market. I see running ones up for sale for basically nothing every day.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shamino posted:

Rx8s have absolutely hit the bottom of the market. I see running ones up for sale for basically nothing every day.

People will pay you to take non runners away.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
Yeah, I like the looks well enough where I'd buy a non-running one and park it until I have a fun idea of something to swap in.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/rvd/d/beaumont-2018-overland/6842872907.html

quote:

A 550 Horsepower Engine and all-wheel drive system ,Hi / low-range gear set, keep the truck moving forward through any conditions Mother Nature can throw at it and has the brute power and deft motility to tackle terrain of all kinds

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

boxen posted:

Yeah, I like the looks well enough where I'd buy a non-running one and park it until I have a fun idea of something to swap in.

Somebody (Pomp and Circumcised, maybe?) had a thread here about swapping one, sounds like a pain in the rear end to clear around the steering rack if I'm remembering right.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

deft motility

I'm convinced.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

After thinking about it I think the buyer should also be forced to camp out in full clown regalia.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

https://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/d/quincy-1987-lincoln-town-car/6815047597.html

paging Dick Turbo

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

paging Dick Turbo
About that ...

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

I missed all that completely and I have avatars off so I went and looked at his profile and I sure learned a lot tonight

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!
Fun Shoe

StormDrain posted:

It's beautiful. Does it smell like grandma?

Depends...

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

That thing was listed around Boston last year. I saved all the pictures but couldn’t post them easily because the forums/imgur were being wonky and :effort:

Here’s the album https://imgur.com/a/43Ct1Qz

My favorite:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

i own every Bionicle posted:

That thing was listed around Boston last year. I saved all the pictures but couldn’t post them easily because the forums/imgur were being wonky and :effort:

It would be so much better if not for the stupid Cat paintjob. Just rhinoline the whole loving thing, and it’s immediately more tolerable.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

GEEKABALL posted:

Depends...

Perfect

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

MrYenko posted:

It would be so much better if not for the stupid Cat paintjob. Just rhinoline the whole loving thing, and it’s immediately more tolerable.

Agreed. At first I thought, "Oh, neat, it's got a Cat diesel in it", nope, big block Chevy. Just had some yellow paint and decals. I guess if your decal breaks, you can take it to a Cat dealership to get fixed, but that's about all they're going to have a clue about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

I missed all that completely and I have avatars off so I went and looked at his profile and I sure learned a lot tonight

Link please I’m on awful app and can’t find it