Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

"You've Got Mail" is a love story mixed with capitalist greed. Big Corporate Book Store Company is driving Small Independent Book Store out of business! And also the CEO of the former is having an online flirtation with the owner of the second but they don't know who they are in real life! And then the little bookstore is successfully driven out of business, and Meg Ryan discovers that Big Corporate Book Stores are actually pretty great, and then she dates the man who drove her out of business for real.

It's... odd.

I take some comfort in the fact that if you wait a few years, Amazon will come and return the favour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

I know Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon are different people. But gun to my head, I couldn't tell you which one does what.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Freudian posted:

I know Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon are different people. But gun to my head, I couldn't tell you which one does what.

Jimmy Kimmel squints and Jimmy Fallon hunches.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Jimmy Kimmel berates and Jimmy Fallon tousles.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jimmy Fallon is the one that panders.

Jimmy Kimmel is the one that encourages parents to make their children cry on video.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Amy Poehler is different from Amy Schumer.

Not really.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Meghan Trainor is not, in fact, "all about that bass, no trouble".

I thought it was "no trouble" like an augmented "no worries". Like, "don't even worry about it, it's no trouble at all". I thought it was new cool way of saying "I'm all about that bass, so much so that I don't even remotely give a gently caress".

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Haha

I was a musical noob until I actually started playing the bass last year, but even I knew that. Well, I guess your interpretation makes sense too.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Foucault and Foucault are two different people.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Hyperlynx posted:

I thought it was "no trouble" like an augmented "no worries". Like, "don't even worry about it, it's no trouble at all". I thought it was new cool way of saying "I'm all about that bass, so much so that I don't even remotely give a gently caress".

Isn't she saying treble?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Freudian posted:

Foucault and Foucault are two different people.

Now you’re just being hysterical.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

rodbeard posted:

Isn't she saying treble?

Its dribble, as in soccer

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It's tribble, as in the Star Trek species

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

It's dribble, as in what very old people do when they try to drink.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
It's rebels.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Amy Poehler is loving great actually so yes, she's different.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Hyperlynx posted:

It's very much a song about having a big booty and small tiddies.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/DenzBenzi/status/1103958443050889216

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

jobson groeth posted:

It's very much a song about having a big booty and small tiddies.

No, there is no discussion of tiddies anywhere in the text. It is about having a big booty, though, and being happy with it.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Milo and POTUS posted:

She's the less funny blonde Tina Fey the world uh... Haves

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Hyperlynx posted:

No, there is no discussion of tiddies anywhere in the text. It is about having a big booty, though, and being happy with it.

Guess what the 'no treble' is

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

jobson groeth posted:

She doesn’t like to get high

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Hyperlynx posted:

Sadly it’s about the preventable nature of accumulative hearing loss, caused by the death of the hairs within the cochlea. The human ear (and largely the mammalian ear) was not stress-tested for jet airliners and Beyoncé concerts. The finer hairs that “hear” higher frequencies are trivially destroyed every day.

Without intentionally avoiding modern society your ears literally cannot hear treble, living loudly (metaphorically) forces you to find absolution in the rumbling of a few lonely hairs in your head.

Nature provides some evolutionary examples of alternative hearing mechanisms. Most famously, snakes detect vibrations in a more direct fashion, but can be said to hear. My own pet anaconda won’t even look at you unless you need bucket seat for them jeans girl. Hear you walking by.
-Abraham Lincoln

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

I refuse to believe this is real.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
If someone can figure out the infernal hellsite that is TikTok and download or re-host this it would be great, until then here's some further evidence in a static link.

https://www.tiktok.com/share/video/6655520648225459462

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Memento posted:

If someone can figure out the infernal hellsite that is TikTok and download or re-host this it would be great, until then here's some further evidence in a static link.

That was more annoying than I would have wanted but here we go

https://i.imgur.com/u1v6Gl6.mp4

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

jobson groeth posted:

That was more annoying than I would have wanted but here we go

Thank you!

I spent about ten minutes trying to sort it out before sitting down for dinner and then got distracted and forgot about it completely. How'd you manage it?

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
You need the mobile website, so the above video would be
code:
http://m.tiktok.com/v/6655520648225459462.html
then I just used https://savieo.com/sites/tiktok

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

She and Tina Fey are both awful and need to stop inserting themselves everywhere.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Hyperlynx posted:

Good sir, the text does not support your tiddy interpretation

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

jobson groeth posted:

"no treble" is about other skinny women, the whole song is about how guys like curvy goonetts like her and not skinny girls it's ok her mother said so.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

packetmantis posted:

She and Tina Fey are both awful and need to stop inserting themselves everywhere.

You mean they should stop... working?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Where the gently caress has either of them “inserted themselves” other than their respective sitcoms?

Like I don’t see or hear from either of them ever. And that’s someone who conflated Schumer with Poehler so I’m lumping in the other blond Amy.

Tina Fey did a moderately cringey SNL skit a year ago I think?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Where the gently caress has either of them “inserted themselves” other than their respective sitcoms?

Like I don’t see or hear from either of them ever. And that’s someone who conflated Schumer with Poehler so I’m lumping in the other blond Amy.

Tina Fey did a moderately cringey SNL skit a year ago I think?

Forget it, Al. He mad as heck.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

inserting myself into my career like a bitch

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

They keep inserting themselves into my funny pix & gifs

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

She can't keep getting away with this.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Milo and POTUS posted:

She can't keep getting away with this.

She will.

In the movie Snatch, when Brick Top gives his talk about pigs he says "irresistible like curry to a pisshead".
I thought pisshead was a slur against immigrants, like from Pakistan or India. It's just slang for a drunk.

MariusLecter has a new favorite as of 15:18 on Mar 9, 2019

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Memento posted:

Looks pretty clearly like someone's pre-cut it like that in that one?

I mean not that I'm not definitely gonna buy some pineapple tomorrow and try it. Worst case scenario I have pineapple to eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

packetmantis posted:

<Boo this man.gif>