Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Magic is easy mode in most of the Souls games though.
You say that but I had one hell of an easier time with a Zweihander and some gumption than I ever did with spells (or even a shield, for that drat matter)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

I'm the dude just chilling upside down.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Spooky witches are way better than nerd wizards anyway

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Knight with a tree sized club. Smashy smashy.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

INT/DEX is the way to go, Crystal Soul Spear and Magic Weapon on a Balder Side Sword is too fun

also Chameleon to go Scooby-Doo on people in PVP

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

chaleski posted:

INT/DEX is the way to go, Crystal Soul Spear and Magic Weapon on a Balder Side Sword is too fun

also Chameleon to go Scooby-Doo on people in PVP

Yeah int swords is my fav

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Go hexblade and pretend you're Elric of Melnibone

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Just looked that up and it seems to be entertainingly weird. If it’s cheap I could be tempted to get it. Also according to the Steam page there’s a sequel called N1RV ANN-A coming next year.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
thought this was about earthbound for a sec

Imagined posted:

Someone who can travel the astral planes, command the elements of the earth and warp the very laws of reality to their will

vs

one clanky boi.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I hate this Splatfest. My go to wizard idea is Vivi from FF9, and my go to knight is the clankiest boi, Steiner.

I can't choose between them.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

pichupal posted:

I hate this Splatfest. My go to wizard idea is Vivi from FF9, and my go to knight is the clankiest boi, Steiner.

I can't choose between them.

Vivi is a weapon/tool, not a wizard. :colbert:

God, the story for that game is depressing. Thank God Zidane is as cheerful as he is.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

TheComicFiend posted:

thought this was about earthbound for a sec

i'm still mad that i believed the fake 'clumsy robot restored all its hp' messages for so many years

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Wait

He's not restoring his hp?

Son of a bitch

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons

Amazon AU is taking preorders for Yoshi's Crafted World for :siren:$52AUD:siren:.

asecondduck posted:

Warning: I'm bringing game streaming chat back.

So I picked up a Shield TV to run my Plex library (I dislike leaving my gaming PC running 24/7 and am pretty sure the hard drive is on the verge of dying). It works well for that!

But what really surprised me was that the Shield TV comes with something called GeForce NOW--a cloud streaming gaming service. It's in free beta, so gently caress it, I gave it a try.

It comes with a bunch of games for free (basically a best of the early 2010's: Tomb Raider, Saint's Row 3&4, the Batman Arkham games) so I fired up Tomb Raider and, uh, wow. If there was any lag, I couldn't feel it. Visuals were sharp and crisp. It felt like my gaming PC was plugged directly into my TV. Actually, the visuals we better than my gaming PC, but that's not really surprising considering that I have a 650 Ti Boost.

And this was over 5Ghz WiFi, not Ethernet. Granted, I have pretty drat good internet (300Mbps, the Shield TV sees speeds of ~205Mbps) but Nvidia claims anyone with 50Mbps or better can get 1080p 60fps.

So cloud gaming can totally can work. I don't know what black magic Nvidia is doing to make it work, but they are.

Yeah, Cloud gaming fundamentally works in optimal conditions. Has done for quite a while now, and 5GHz wifi between your system and the router's also not going to introduce much latency. The big key factor is forever going to be what's between your home and the rendering farm, which is why it's not A Thing anywhere.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

You say that but I had one hell of an easier time with a Zweihander and some gumption than I ever did with spells (or even a shield, for that drat matter)

okay but what about zweihander AND magic?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Looper posted:

Moonlight Greatsword AND magic, friend.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
You’d think that the Nintendo Online app would be the place to announce a Tetris 99 tournament

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Y'all seen't this yet?

https://twitter.com/Adequate_Scott/status/1104195787821600771?s=19

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

That wall art is certainly art on a wall.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Hollow Knight question - Hornet and I killed each other at the same time during our second fight, and I "won", but when I got back to the room she was gone. Does she have any dialogue there that I missed or does she just run away? I'd be bummed if I missed out on story.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Finally joy cons for adult hands

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Deified Data posted:

Hollow Knight question - Hornet and I killed each other at the same time during our second fight, and I "won", but when I got back to the room she was gone. Does she have any dialogue there that I missed or does she just run away? I'd be bummed if I missed out on story.

Nope. She just bounces.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

That's a nice Clown Room.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

720p is going to look sooo bad at that size...

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Looper posted:

you think dangerously, friend. the world needs dreamers like you

(meant to try it, got burned out by the time i did :v:)

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

NSMBUD is gonna be 39.99 on Amazon for Mario Day, Any word if it'll be the same on the eShop? Wanna platform.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

NSMBUD is gonna be 39.99 on Amazon for Mario Day, Any word if it'll be the same on the eShop? Wanna platform.

It's going to be the same on the eShop; there was also a tweet about how Europe will score double gold coins for their purchases. Dunno if that applies to NA.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

I'm 34 today and you know what that means!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

*Penny Arcade guys voice* Almost as big as the Xbox controller now.:v:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I know that the stuff in collector's editions is usually useless trash, but a calendar? That doesn't even have nice big art like a regular wall calendar? That's impressively useless

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Gripweed posted:

I know that the stuff in collector's editions is usually useless trash, but a calendar? That doesn't even have nice big art like a regular wall calendar? That's impressively useless

Yeah I'd much rather a really, really poorly made statue than a small amount of art

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

There's an artbook too.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Hell, if I can't get a severed torso what's the point?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I'm sorry I insulted the calendar.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Mario+Rabbids is on sale on the eShop for $20. I just picked it up alongside Steamworld Dig 1 and 2.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I finished Blaster Master Zero and got the good ending. It was a whole lot better and easier than the 1989 version, but enough nice tweaks (like actually giving out gun power and a power up that lets you get hit without losing it) to make it a really polished game compared to its NES counterpart.

Thanks guys for the rec

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Holy poo poo look at the proportions of the women on the wall.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

RZA Encryption posted:

Holy poo poo look at the proportions of the women on the wall.

You should have spent more time measuring legs and less time telling the painters to give them big boobs.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

This is well crafted but everything about it is in such poor taste that... I don't even know how to quantify it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

FFIX looks really good in handheld mode.