Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Strange that Let's Go is considered mainline, yet Colosseum and XD are not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Colosseum and XD weren't made by Game Freak. That explains most of it I'd say.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Let's Go makes a lot of sense as a remake of Yellow in particular.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Regardless of marketing, without interoperability it's pretty misleading to call it a mainline game.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Now is Phione a legendary or not? Unless it's Manaphy I'm thinking of, the baby one. Is the baby sea critter legendary or not

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Now is Phione a legendary or not? Unless it's Manaphy I'm thinking of, the baby one. Is the baby sea critter legendary or not

At this point, they've made a distinction that Mythicals (who are usually aren't available in-game) aren't the same as Legendaries (who usually are available for capture in-game). Also with the introduction of Meltan, who is classed as a Mythical, I think its safe to say that Phione is a Mythical and not a Legendary.

It would be nice if we had official confirmation though.

Zuzie fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Mar 9, 2019

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Bongo Bill posted:

Regardless of marketing, without interoperability it's pretty misleading to call it a mainline game.

That'll likely change once Sword and Shield are out, Let's Go has data for everything the main games use yet LG itself doesn't, making it more than clear that trading is meant to happen, it just hasn't been activated because of reasons we can't be sure about (but it may simply be because they haven't been able to get Bank working on Switch yet, or because of the whole "only Gen 1" thing)

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Bongo Bill posted:

I'd be shocked if Pokemon Bank support for Let's Go isn't released somewhat before or after Sword/Shield launch. It's very likely that Game Freak doesn't want to bother getting it right for Switch before they really have to, or more simply, they don't want to flood USUM with Gen 1 Pokemon as much.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Alxprit posted:

Colosseum and XD weren't made by Game Freak. That explains most of it I'd say.

It's obvious what the solution is: have Game Freak remake those 2 games and then they can be bumped up to mainline status!

Zuzie posted:

At this point, they've made a distinction that Mythicals (who are usually aren't available in-game) aren't the same as Legendaries (who usually are available for capture in-game). Also with the introduction of Meltan, who is classed as a Mythical, I think its safe to say that Phione is a Mythical and not a Legendary.

It would be nice if we had official confirmation though.

Do you know if there's a term that covers both Legendary Pokemon and Mythical Pokemon?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Shneak posted:

Clip of that thing in action.

I really hope this ends up being bug/dragon.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

It's obvious what the solution is: have Game Freak remake those 2 games and then they can be bumped up to mainline status!

Or at the very least port them to the Switch at some point.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I don't classify Phione as legendary personally, but there really is no way to "define" what a legendary is and isn't now that they've been playing with the definition so much this generation.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

i been sayin

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/1104229838024396801

So yeah this is bringing validity to a 4chan post from before the games were announced.

quote:

This is it. Believe it now or later.
>Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield
>Region is Great Britain
>Legendary Pokémon are metal snake and wooden horse
>Armored Evolutions
>Armored Charizard, Armored Mewtwo, Armored Flygon, Armored Zeraora...
>Meltan ties into Armored Evolution and Legendary lore

If you really want to see it:
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/37621165/

Basura
Mar 9, 2019
I wonder if there dual types for the starters. Would be funny for another fire fighting

My grandpa smells

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/1104229838024396801

So yeah this is bringing validity to a 4chan post from before the games were announced.

If you really want to see it:
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/37621165/

I want this to be true because my boy Flygon could use a boost.

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
Flygon but its wings are shields.

Flygon but he's got a knight's hat on.

Flygon with a gun.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ada posted:

Flygon with a gun.

Strong avatar post combo

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Stealing more ideas from Digimon?

Might actually be interesting if they actually use Mewtwo's armour from the anime or some variant of it, especially if they incorporate that into the plot.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I mean not to be a buzzkill but they could be doing that bc they’re remaking the first Pokémon Movie, which has armored Mewtwo in it, and it’s probably so they can sell Armored Mewtwo merch

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

What makes you think they’re putting it in the game to promote the movie, rather than the other way around?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Sinistral posted:

I want this to be true because my boy Flygon could use a boost.

The only thing I take comfort in is that spoiler thread didn't give Kanto pokemon the exclusive evolutions I'm over that poo poo 110%. But on the off chance the whole thing is real I do find it odd wolves are in the motifs if the legendaries are supposed to be a snake and a horse.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Mar 9, 2019

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i see Nintendo got the letter i sent 20 years ago telling them they should put Mewtwo's cool armor from the anime in the next pokemon game. i would have liked a quicker response but hey, i made it happen.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Ada posted:

Flygon with a gun.

Flygon but he's nicked St George's armour and is beating George up with his own sword

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Stealing more ideas from Digimon?

Might actually be interesting if they actually use Mewtwo's armour from the anime or some variant of it, especially if they incorporate that into the plot.

It's not stealing from digimon until I see a Pokemon wearing some denim

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I mean not to be a buzzkill but they could be doing that bc they’re remaking the first Pokémon Movie, which has armored Mewtwo in it, and it’s probably so they can sell Armored Mewtwo merch

They've done cross-promotion with new stuff before, like Mega Mewtwo Y, Mega Charizard X, and Ash-Greninja.

You're probably right, but at the same time you never know.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Is it that time already? Time to avoid the Pokemon thread if you don't want (potential) spoilers?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Solumin posted:

Is it that time already? Time to avoid the Pokemon thread if you don't want (potential) spoilers?

You catch them all

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Calaveron posted:

You catch them all

Nice fake spoiler, this never happens.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the crocodile fly owns and also ive named it crocoflyle

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

loving hell there’s no National Dex in US? Who the gently caress thought that’d be a good idea?? I’m making my way to the Battle Tree to check it out and then start my process of completing the regional Dex. After that it’s going to back to White to do some Pokémon hunting there and then finally begging here for pretty much every gen 6 Pokémon as I never got X/Y. If I can find the game on clearance or sale then that’d be a bonus.

EDIT: Oh hell yeah found out about pokedextracker so now I have a clear ideas of what I have and I’m missing. I’m currently... 50.2% done with a live dex :smithicide:

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 9, 2019

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I'm off catching Ultra Beasts finally in Moon and uh,

the game made me think these were going to be Legendaries? but the second one I encounter, they say "yeah just go catch four of them?" This is dumb.

e: Like, at least the first one finally gave me a Rock/Poison type pokeyman but jeez, it's not as fun if goddamn everybody playing the game has at least one.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
they are very common pokemon in other universes, its literally stated outright in the story so like, not sure what you're on about?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

mandatory lesbian posted:

they are very common pokemon in other universes, its literally stated outright in the story so like, not sure what you're on about?

Lots of people have convinced themselves the UBs are legendaries even when the game states there's a bunch of them and you can catch as many as you want.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Whalley posted:

I'm off catching Ultra Beasts finally in Moon and uh,

the game made me think these were going to be Legendaries? but the second one I encounter, they say "yeah just go catch four of them?" This is dumb.

e: Like, at least the first one finally gave me a Rock/Poison type pokeyman but jeez, it's not as fun if goddamn everybody playing the game has at least one.

I got a nihilego with HP ice so mine is extra special and useful

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

"Ultra Beast" is a term in the same way that "starter", "fossil", "Legendary" and "Mythical" are. They're all used to classify and organize Pokémon into different groups based on common factors like how they're obtained and their general strength.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
I was expecting my very first Pokemon game ever today, but the USPS let me down. :smith:

I'm saving myself for you Popplio, HOLD ON

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Zuzie posted:

"Ultra Beast" is a term in the same way that "starter", "fossil", "Legendary" and "Mythical" are. They're all used to classify and organize Pokémon into different groups based on common factors like how they're obtained and their general strength.

What about Pseudo-Legendary?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Mraagvpeine posted:

What about Pseudo-Legendary?

As far as I'm aware, that was a term invented by fans. It's become traditional to introduce a Pokémon that often evolves later then others but ends up having a BST of 600, which is stronger then most Legendary Pokémon (Legendary trios like the birds) and about the same as Mythicals like Mew and Celebi. But otherwise these Pokémon don't have an official name.

I think the Japanese fan term for them is "600 club".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
If Mewtwo (Armor) then uses a Mega stone, does it become MechaMew2 from the live show?