Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Almost done with the 2.2 msq...... Uggghhh....

I love how even the game is acknowledging the unending barrage of stupid bullshit I have to do now. "Oh I can't believe they would send someone like YOU to mow my lawn, but go to the orange spot and get started."

Still some nuggets of interesting story, but man some of this stuff drags on way too long, and I say that as somebody who liked parts of the MSQ and didn't skip anything.

Also, I love how all of our heroes always arrive just before a bad thing happens.. and stop and gawk for about 2 minutes slowly watching the bad thing happen without making any attempt to stop it before all being like 'drat it all, I can't believe that bad thing happened!'.

If it helps, you're mostly though the worst of it. By the end of the 2.3 patch content, the story becomes a lot more focused and busywork quests begin to slowly slowly decrease in frequency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Thumbtacks posted:

I feel like I missed something

Is there a Nier crossover event coming?

From Paris Fanfest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBsU2XAUcA0

edit: better quality: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/373857551?t=59m22s

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 8, 2019

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Lmao

I hope we get 2B outfit glamours

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Thumbtacks posted:

Lmao

I hope we get 2B outfit glamours

Good. Because the only class that can make a good 2b is MCH/BRD for gear, though SAM isn't too bad.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
My main wish is a Pod mount and an Emil head; all else is gravy

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.
Kaine outfit for everyone

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

isk posted:

My main wish is a Pod mount and an Emil head; all else is gravy

Pod would make a good minion too.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
If we don't get an Emil head that's all classes, then SE has hosed up.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mordiceius posted:

Good. Because the only class that can make a good 2b is MCH/BRD for gear, though SAM isn't too bad.

Destructible BLU outfit

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Mordiceius posted:

If we don't get an Emil head that's all classes, then SE has hosed up.

Feast Season 17 top 100 reward

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

World War Mammories posted:

in the finale, lolorito's corpse is used as a catalyst to summon the most evil primal of all, a horrifying amalgamation of friedrich hayek and murray rothbard

Uhh Lolorito is now a Good Guy and on Our Side ever since 3.0, please forget anything that would make you think otherwise except as a joke, tia - MSQ.

It's funny how much the game throughly threw under the bus everything bad lolorito did to remove the impact of 2.55 as much as possible. Like, the 50 Cul quest is him being a saturday morning cartoon villian levels of petty but as of 4.x, he's our friend-nobody-likes guy.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Lolorito is actually Stormblood's greatest villain, as the person that funded the Eureka expedition (along with Rowena)

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

where the gently caress is this? i seriously have no idea

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

johnny park posted:

That's like right next to the Namazu mansion

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

If we don't get Emil's song, then SE has hosed up.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Kuvo posted:

cant wait for the master servo fight

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

johnny park posted:

it's in the nose of the henohenomoji

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Phone posted:

Feast Season 17 top 100 reward

You're a monster

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Rastan Beeza posted:

Uhh Lolorito is now a Good Guy and on Our Side ever since 3.0, please forget anything that would make you think otherwise except as a joke, tia - MSQ.

It's funny how much the game throughly threw under the bus everything bad lolorito did to remove the impact of 2.55 as much as possible. Like, the 50 Cul quest is him being a saturday morning cartoon villian levels of petty but as of 4.x, he's our friend-nobody-likes guy.

Lolorito Did Nothing Wrong

Teledji fully planned to gently caress Lolorito over too, it's just that T was an incompetent idiot and Lolorito chessmastered his way into ownership of the plot so he could undo it. He's still an rear end in a top hat capitalist but better him than the guy who wanted to collapse the entire country.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

In 6.0 we should get to bring gay communism to Eorzea (or at least Uldah) and get to shoot all the capitalist shites into the sun.

I always find it funny when there's some little poo poo Lala with huge Roe bodyguards. You'd think at some point they'd just be like "wait we can just crush him and take all his money."

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
0/4 on Baldesion Arsenal

I'm gonna gently caress up that ball someday. sigh

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Phone posted:

ahhhhhhh. thank you

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phone posted:

bruh that's Doug

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

TIL maps have a timer and you can't just grind them out as tank

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
is the free world transfer available yet or is that coming later?

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Thundarr posted:

Lolorito Did Nothing Wrong

Teledji fully planned to gently caress Lolorito over too, it's just that T was an incompetent idiot and Lolorito chessmastered his way into ownership of the plot so he could undo it. He's still an rear end in a top hat capitalist but better him than the guy who wanted to collapse the entire country.

He still let a plot that crippled 3 of our friends happen just to get rid of a rival. Really our characters are VERY apathetic that he was partly the cause of one of our friends still actively dying just to see as part of the fallout, and all his punishments have happened off screen.

I feel like they should just not bring him up so much.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

bruh that's Doug

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Regarding Lolorito: I feel that it was always the writers' intent to have him as a "shadowmaster ally." In 1.0, the ALC quests involved the former Guildmaster, Faustigeant, and his son, Damielliot. Eolande Quiveron, former holder of Godbert Manderville's Syndicate seat, was the mother. The problem with Damielliot was that he had a "mysterious sleeping ailment;" in reality, he was the victim of a sleeping poison as part of a plot by Teledji Adeleji and Fyrgeiss Loetkilbsyn to pressure Quiveron into giving up her seat. Lolorito was funding the search for a cure - which proved fruitful, as the 2016 Starlight Celebration featured an older Damielliot as a principal character. Eolande was assassinated during the chaos of the Calamity, though, and Lolorito, feeling like he failed her, bends over backwards to fund and assist Damielliot's request for a small favor in the Starlight Celebration. He used the alchemical research he'd funded in the Nanamo story, which was meant to be seen as a callback (but that would require players be familiar with... a storyline no longer accessible, that was never actually resolved while the game was originally running). He also tried to keep the Heartstrike dagger safe, including commissioning a bunch of duplicates to throw thieves off the tracks, but, well, the Ul'dah plotline happened. He was funding the Scions through shell companies, too.

Of course, a lot of this isn't spelled out and is in 1.0 and seasonal event and sidequest material if it's ever been in-game, so most players see a scheming Lolorito who then just says "lol actually everything was fine." The writers aren't always the best at conveying everything they want; failure of execution rather than retconning intent, is all I think happened. The Chefsbane thing is probably meant less as "he's trying to embarrass the Warrior of Light" and more of "he's trying to embarrass the Bismarck, a Limsa Lominsan and not Ul'Dahn establishment." Anything else aside, of course, he's still a Capitalist and founded the expy for the bloody East India Company.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I believe Eolande is even one of the re-animated corpses you can "put to rest" in Palace of the Dead.

That one's pretty sad. :smith:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I think Lolorito's motives come down to "Don't rock the boat" because the current situation works wonderfully for him. Teledji wanted to use Omega to take over Ul'dah and become the ruler, as far as Lolorito is concerned, he already does rule Ul'dah. Primals and the Empire would both ruin Lolorito's wealth and power, so he funds and supports those who fight them.

I think Lolorito would turn on the good guys without a second thought if they started to actually work against his interests, but SE for whatever reason seems to think the status quo in Ul'dah is a good thing to be supported.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Died at 10% on Proto-ozma because someone hosed up acceleration bomb, and I wasn't lucky enough for spirit to trigger. LB3 might have saved me, but a dragoon proceeded to use it before the healer could, only for the DRG to be animation locked and die themselves. So in summary, Euraka is ok, BA sucks dick because of the effort spent trying to get into the loving thing.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Cythereal posted:

I think Lolorito's motives come down to "Don't rock the boat" because the current situation works wonderfully for him. Teledji wanted to use Omega to take over Ul'dah and become the ruler, as far as Lolorito is concerned, he already does rule Ul'dah. Primals and the Empire would both ruin Lolorito's wealth and power, so he funds and supports those who fight them.

I think Lolorito would turn on the good guys without a second thought if they started to actually work against his interests, but SE for whatever reason seems to think the status quo in Ul'dah is a good thing to be supported.

I don't know if SE is suggesting status quo Ul'Dah is good, but they ARE suggesting that status quo Ul'Dah is something we have neither the time nor resources to overthrow in bloody revolution given that our odds against the Empire already look fairly poor.

A large part of Nanamo's character arc has been "stop trying to run away from your role as ruler so that you can actually meaningfully combat the influence of the Monetarists". Which isn't unreasonable. Her idea for a Republic, while nice, in the current state of things would be immediately subverted by the Monetarists like Lolorito. The story does seem to endorse the idea that the Sultana's motives for pursuing the abdication+Republic plan were more selfish than practical. She's used to letting someone else like Raubahn do the heavy lifting, she feels helpless, this is just another way of passing the buck.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Mar 9, 2019

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Captain Oblivious posted:

I don't know if SE is suggesting status quo Ul'Dah is good, but they ARE suggesting that status quo Ul'Dah is something we have neither the time nor resources to overthrow in bloody revolution given that our odds against the Empire already look fairly poor.

if i remember right a revolution and its chaotic aftermath gave the empire a perfect opportunity to conquer ala mhigo with minimal effort

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

UHD posted:

if i remember right a revolution and its chaotic aftermath gave the empire a perfect opportunity to conquer ala mhigo with minimal effort

That is exactly what happened yes, a fact that I'm sure is not lost on anyone in Eorzea.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
On the other hand, Ishgard managed fine. Ul'dah also doesn't have any borders with the Empire anymore.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

UHD posted:

Ala Mhigo also got done in by the fact that they tried to march on Gridania, so when the Garleans came, the other city-states weren't interested in backing them up. At least I think that's what happened.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SonicRulez posted:

Ala Mhigo also got done in by the fact that they tried to march on Gridania, so when the Garleans came, the other city-states weren't interested in backing them up. At least I think that's what happened.

And their previous king was a certified lunatic who made such a mess of things that he was violently overthrown, IIRC. Ala Mhigo was a perfect storm of a pariah state in chaos after the collapse of its last vaguely legitimate government which also happened to be deeply corrupt, paranoid, and generally bad for the country.

There's a reason why at the end of 4.0, the various groups that make up the Resistance decide that they are not bringing the monarchy back in any form.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Cythereal posted:

On the other hand, Ishgard managed fine. Ul'dah also doesn't have any borders with the Empire anymore.

Ishgard was also in such a chaotic state of endless war that revolution wasn’t meaningfully more disruptive than the usual state of affairs.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Captain Oblivious posted:

Ishgard was also in such a chaotic state of endless war that revolution wasn’t meaningfully more disruptive than the usual state of affairs.

There was also an Imperial incursion that almost got another super weapon that no one in Ishgard made any attempts to stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Ishgard also seems like a really, really lovely place to try to invade. For the most part not assailable from the ground, either for the treacherous terrain or the endless storms. They're also in a state of constant zealous vigilance due to their forever-war with the dragons. That alone might be cause for pause, as Midgardsomr wrecked the Empire's Eorzean force well enough on his own, they probably don't want Nidhogg's and Hresvelgr's broods getting on their case in the middle of an invasion.

Plus we don't know if they know about Lucia's defection. She might still be feeding them information back to dissuade them from any action.