Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
CTD at login screen. Post dumps to forum. Literally 5 minutes later

yolandi_GGG posted:

We've identified the problem and are fixing it, shouldn't be too much longer.
Sorry for the trouble everyone!

I love this company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Dahbadu posted:

What's your Discord?

Just use the goon one

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Mathil dressed up as Zana by the way. He clearly went to quite a lot of effort too.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:
is there any room in guild? Natty_IceCrash wants back in GGG's perfect waste of my time.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Memories seem buggy, multiple times now I step into one take a few steps forward, kill a few mobs, then the blue poo poo spawns right on my head and I get kicked out.

dumb silly baby
Apr 10, 2001
I am a casual player and only started playing over the new year and it was this guide that got me going.
Leveling was very fast and I learnt a lot about the skills, gems and items.
poe forum guide: [3.6] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines | All Content with a 5 Link | STEP BY STEP LVLING GUIDE

[3.5] Slow and Easy Arc Mine Leveling Guide for Beginners: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXSCa5rMoW4

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
The league mechanic feels kinda meh, pretty steep difficulty early on. But it has great drops. I got a chaos orb drop in act 1 lmao.

I started running past the enemies and looking for the stabilizers and then fighting them afterwards, I’m not sure if that’s what I’m meant to do. I haven’t tried slotting them into the memory map yet.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I hope lightning trap gets better cause right now I'm squishy and slow to clear going into act 6

Askew
Dec 20, 2007
Slightly Off-Balance

I just had an exalt drop in act 4, and that feels ridiculous.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lightning Knight posted:

The league mechanic feels kinda meh, pretty steep difficulty early on. But it has great drops. I got a chaos orb drop in act 1 lmao.

I started running past the enemies and looking for the stabilizers and then fighting them afterwards, I’m not sure if that’s what I’m meant to do. I haven’t tried slotting them into the memory map yet.

this is mainly what i do unless i see the memory is closing fast. then i might pop a blue pack but skip a yellow.

teleporting of some kind is critical. flame dash, blink arrow, lightning warp. you need something when the blue surrounds you.

but also aces on it picking stuff up in the memory and dropping it back outside when you get kicked out either on a accident or jumping into it when there nothing left to kill.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Either I'm missing something or the new skills aren't on PoB :saddowns:.

I want to use Divine Ire and I want to use the new Trickster nodes and I'm pretty sure i'm not going to be able to make those happen at the same time, but dammit I want to try! Not sure how I feel about the aesthetics of bane/soulrend.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

EVIL Gibson posted:

this is mainly what i do unless i see the memory is closing fast. then i might pop a blue pack but skip a yellow.

teleporting of some kind is critical. flame dash, blink arrow, lightning warp. you need something when the blue surrounds you.

but also aces on it picking stuff up in the memory and dropping it back outside when you get kicked out either on a accident or jumping into it when there nothing left to kill.

Yeah.

It reminds me of Incursion, which also frustrates me with the timer. I often find myself running out of time because I guessed the direction incorrectly in both modes.

I’m playing minions tho and I don’t have good ranged clear yet so maybe it’ll be easier once I get clearing spectres.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Gitro posted:

I want to use Divine Ire and I want to use the new Trickster nodes and I'm pretty sure i'm not going to be able to make those happen at the same time, but dammit I want to try! Not sure how I feel about the aesthetics of bane/soulrend.

Divine ire owns and I'm sure it'll be fine with trickster. The only thing that would give me pause is that trickster's big damage node, harness the void, is kind of inconsistent for skills that focus on big slow hits. There's like a 50% chance when you fire off a laser that you won't get any extra damage. Still 100% uptime for power/frenzy charges will always be good.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I've been playing Divine Ire Trickster and the skill is completely bonkers. With enough cast speed you can get 10 stacks in like a fraction of a second and fire off fully charged lasers over and over. It also has gigantic screen clearing AoE and damage. I'm only at 60 though so I haven't tried out the new escape artist with ES yet. Its probably the easiest league start I've ever done. Even more than Toxic Rain.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Gitro posted:

It generally takes a bit for him to add them, especially now that he works for them in an actual capacity (meaning he's probably already working overtime because of the league launch)

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
When in the memory nexus, is there any way to load an entire layout as a single instance? Because what I seem to be doing is loading each tile individually, which really sucks when I have 5 freaking load screens to clear a single dungeon.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
Low level yet but dire totems have been pretty solid. Once I get hierophant and some cast speed I expect it to go nuts

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Trip report with Bane: I just got it and loaded it up with Despair and everything is absolutely melting in act 3 so far. Its goddamn amazing and I haven't put in the other couple curses yet.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I'm fully expecting Bane to get nerfed to oblivion because it's making things wayyyyyyyy too easy for me and I can't have nice things in this game.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Trip Report: Divine Ire totems are awesome. Storm Burst totems are also awesome. That is all.

lonter
Oct 12, 2012
Are Currency trade listings supposed to always round up to the nearest 0.5 now?
I can't, for example, list 10 chromatics for 16 alterations, cause it will round up and just display as "1 chrom for 2 alt".

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Think I've caught up with all the invites, let me know if you're still missing one

Chalk is Cheap
Mar 29, 2005

You know, Maine has a really cool underground hip-hop scene...

TheRat posted:

Think I've caught up with all the invites, let me know if you're still missing one

I'll take an invite for ExitStrategy if there's room

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

lonter posted:

I can't, for example, list 10 chromatics for 16 alterations, cause it will round up and just display as "1 chrom for 2 alt".

One of the hotfix patch notes said they fixed that. Either you don't have it, or they didn't fix it properly.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

TheRat posted:

If there is still room send me one, name is Ningen_Zero_Keikaku

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Hmm I started as ED Contagion and what do you know, Facebreaker clears way faster. I'm at level 45 and 10k tooltip AoE DPS with Consecrated Path.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

TheRat posted:

I haven't asked yet but I'll take an invite for AaronBrrrrr if you have room.

I like how the decaying memories will give you all the gear that you collected upon leaving, but is there a way to pop back and sell items when you are doing a run in the Memory Nexus? I did a run where I had to pass through three nodes prior to the main map and had to juggle space when I finally got to the final synthesized items. If you can't go back and clear out your stash I'll just speed through the intermediate nodes and not worry about it unless something big drops.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

When in the memory nexus, is there any way to load an entire layout as a single instance? Because what I seem to be doing is loading each tile individually, which really sucks when I have 5 freaking load screens to clear a single dungeon.

Press v and you can preload tiles and then you can just click on the next memory stabilizer thingy to go to the next preplanned one.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Are there recipes or some way to affect items that you get when you synthesis 3 items together? Right now I'm kind of just mashing 3 random items of the same type that I don't want hoping it makes something good.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

lonter posted:

Why did you copy my av/title?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im not sure I'm liking wave of conviction, it probably needs duration to work smoother and gently caress wasting points on that unless it gains extra range as it levels

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

TheRat posted:

If there's room in the main guild, Emmy_Noether

I'm already in the backup guild though. Thanks!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

whypick1 posted:

I'm fully expecting Bane to get nerfed to oblivion because it's making things wayyyyyyyy too easy for me and I can't have nice things in this game.

Does GGG ever nerf anything during a league? I hope not, I love playing with it too much :unsmigghh:

Osci
Oct 11, 2016

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im not sure I'm liking wave of conviction, it probably needs duration to work smoother and gently caress wasting points on that unless it gains extra range as it levels

It feels like an awkward idea for a main skill. I'm not totally sold on only being able to have one wave active at a time.

On the other hand, I've found it great as a CWDT setup. It matches well with the normal immortal call/increased duration and means that most bosses will get the exposure debuff.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Synthesis mechanics arent very fun

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Here is what I think the ideal bane/rend skill gem setup would look like.

Body armor - Bane with 3 curses and 2 +More damage gems, extra curses can be fit in if you get a lucky amulet corrupt or something.
Gloves - Allelopathy unique gloves for a 5 link blight cwc soulrend because soulrend is slow as hell to self cast.
Boots - 4 link Multi-Wither totem.
Helmet - Discipline and Malevolence, later with empower and enlighten.
Weapons - 3 Linked Flame Dash with surge/faster caster, 3 Linked Phase Run with increased duration and efficacy for duration.

Can't think of anything I'd want to add or remove skill-wise.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Feldegast42 posted:

Does GGG ever nerf anything during a league? I hope not, I love playing with it too much :unsmigghh:

Sometimes, but I think only in really egregious cases like Temporal Chains being able to completely stop monsters, or Volatile Dead's 100% more damage helmet enchant.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I love being bad at this game and realizing I'm still using a badly rolled Lochtonial Caress at level 35 because I'm terrible at evaluating rares.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Feldegast42 posted:

Rarely, whatever they nerf has to be blatantly overpowered and easy to access along the lines of "I just killed shaper in 1 minute using a 5 link tabula and white armor and weapons with this op skill and unique"

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Synthesis mechanics arent very fun

Bit underwhelming so far, maybe it will change in maps with more reason to bother with the nexus but synthesized items just feel like pointless info bloat with some extremely rare and high effort good mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
RIP Goon guild stash thief