Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The strip went down under. Six feet to be precise.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The strip isn't dead, just hibernating.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

MJ I dont feel so good.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Now we know how Lenny feels. We've had a strip torn away.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Another question, Comics Kingdom only goes back to last year, is there another service that can do prints older than that?

Edit: If you try to order a print there's a button that says "Next: Shipping" :allears:

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 8, 2019

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Don't be sad that NSM is gone, be glad instead for the innumerable moments of pure and untainted joy it has given us :unsmith:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Roy Thomas has a creative voice. King Media and Marvel have just thrown a pipe at it.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Cat Mattress posted:

The strip isn't dead, just hibernating.
The strip is just waiting to replenish the small pocket of air under its mask.

:smith:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Lobok posted:

:perfect:

The one genuinely good (rather than ironically 'good') thing about NSM is that MJ is shown as universally competent and capable, way more so than the ostensible hero, and unwilling to put up with the stupid poo poo that goes on around her, rather than just being a fridge-awaiting damsel in distress. I guess that's likely to change. :smith:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Payndz posted:

:perfect:

The one genuinely good (rather than ironically 'good') thing about NSM is that MJ is shown as universally competent and capable, way more so than the ostensible hero, and unwilling to put up with the stupid poo poo that goes on around her, rather than just being a fridge-awaiting damsel in distress. I guess that's likely to change. :smith:
She's not at the level of 360 no scope throwing a pipe at Kilgrave's throat like Newspaper MJ but MJ in the PS4 Spider--Man game is pretty competent, you even play as her a few times.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Push El Burrito posted:

Another question, Comics Kingdom only goes back to last year, is there another service that can do prints older than that?

Edit: If you try to order a print there's a button that says "Next: Shipping" :allears:
If you pay them $20 a year, CK's NSM archive goes back to October '98.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

In less sad news... okay this is still sad.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Lobok posted:

This is a very good post.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Push El Burrito posted:

If there's a specific strip you're looking for I can generate a link for it that will work for non-members. I assume you can probably order a print of it from there. Test: https://comicskingdom.com/shared_comics/47c70db2-e818-4352-8e5c-a439967c748b

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

This is amazing and I’m going to revel in it until it’s done.

MJ just wants ONE loving NIGHT OF PEACE AND QUIET. AND IF IT TAKES YOU TWO KNOCKING EACH OTHER OUT, SO BE IT.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Synthbuttrange posted:

"Also I don't have a camera."

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Epicurius posted:

Apparently, there was the following comment from Roy Thomas:
“I know nothing of any Spidey strip to come, only that the one Alex Saviuk and I (and until recently Larry Lieber) had been doing is kaput.”

gently caress! gently caress! gently caress everything. This stupid dumb strip was one of the few good things in my life.

Welp, my sincere thanks for all the memories, Roy Thomas et al. I'll buy a collection of the last few years of strips if any is ever made.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 9, 2019

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

This is the worst thing to ever happen in Marvel.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Synthbuttrange posted:

"But I was fighting the same way I always do..."

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Tiggum posted:

If there's a specific strip you're looking for I can generate a link for it that will work for non-members. I assume you can probably order a print of it from there. Test: https://comicskingdom.com/shared_comics/47c70db2-e818-4352-8e5c-a439967c748b

Yes that works fantastic. If you can link the one where Peter realizes he has the proportionate strength of a spider but so does the giant spider that would be perfect.

Edit: 10/25/16

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Mar 9, 2019

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that look on his fuckin' face

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
MJ wants to see blood

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Losing Newspaper Spider-Man is the last sign that we live in the darkest timeline. gently caress. Rappin' Ronnie Reagan is dead too so we can't even rely on him to do a second good thing in his life and save it again.

I'll enjoy it while I can, I guess :sigh:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
we'll always have the pipe to the neck, motherfucker

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jack Kirby drew Ronald Reagan at least once and it was horrifying.

Accurate but horrifying.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

We never got that Venom storyline Stan planned for a finale :(

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Dangit. Well, maybe with our crude talents we can create a worthy successor.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Push El Burrito posted:

Yes that works fantastic. If you can link the one where Peter realizes he has the proportionate strength of a spider but so does the giant spider that would be perfect.

The spider isn't giant; it's the spider-man who's tiny.

Thanks to Pym radiation, Spider-Man got the proportionate strength of an ant-sized spider; while the regular spider got the proportionate strength of a spider-sized spider.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Push El Burrito posted:

Here you go: http://comicskingdom.com/shared_comics/60fa37f7-1494-4830-ac53-ff59461460da

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Cat Mattress posted:

The spider isn't giant; it's the spider-man who's tiny.

Thanks to Pym radiation, Spider-Man got the proportionate strength of an ant-sized spider; while the regular spider got the proportionate strength of a spider-sized spider.

Doesn't Ant-Man still have the actual strength of a man-sized man?

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

maltesh posted:

Doesn't Ant-Man still have the actual strength of a man-sized man?

Would it be weird to say that of all of the nonsense superpowers that exist in this world, it's this one that I can't properly suspend my disbelief on?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ant-Man's power is that he still has the full strength of a normal man when ant-sized.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Reminder that when Ant-Man went into Vision, he first thought it was a good idea to bring some ants along.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

The MSJ posted:

Ant-Man's power is that he still has the full strength of a normal man when ant-sized.

If this also worked when he was giant sized it would be fun.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
having normal strength after shrinking is atom's thing. they changed it for the marvel movies because holy poo poo having the strength of an ant-sized human is a lame power.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Reminder that when Ant-Man went into Vision, he first thought it was a good idea to bring some ants along.

Ain’t no party like an ant party :anttony:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

Ain’t no party like an ant party :anttony:

Sadly the ants could not penetrate Vision's throat :(

TheNamedSavior
Mar 10, 2019

by VideoGames
Came out of the lurking hole just to post in memorial for the end of NSM.

Spider-Man forgetting he has TWO HANDS was a pretty accurate summary of the entire run, really. An appropriate ending to a legend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

having normal strength after shrinking is atom's thing. they changed it for the marvel movies because holy poo poo having the strength of an ant-sized human is a lame power.

In the Superhero Party SNL skit from the 70s Ant-Man mentions he has normal human power at the size of an ant and then the other heroes make fun of him for having the strength of one man.