Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the best shmups are ones with life bars where the ship moves slowly and has a massive hitbox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

trying to jack off posted:

the best shmups are ones with life bars where the ship moves slowly and has a massive hitbox

*schmups

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Amerifats still crying about Matequest. Have a bowl of mayo and relax, cunts. Trust.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Frenz posted:

Mine is STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl

Eastern European games are distinct from Euro games

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I finally beat Doki Doki Panic after wanting to for a long time. It takes a while because you have to beat every stage with every character, making the game way more unique than the way SMB2 did it. Also lol at the ridiculous rules about not using real names back then

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Amerifats still crying about Matequest. Have a bowl of mayo and relax, cunts. Trust.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
6) La-Mulana 2

I beat about 60-70% of the game before i broke down and used a walkthrough for the rest. I probably would have liked it more if i was a smarter man.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Crackdown 3

Great game for being free on Game Pass

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

so whats your favorite Dizzy game

The forst nes one. Pretty good and cute.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Shadow of The Tomb Raider

It's fascinating to me how they choose to wrap a short but good game inside a bloated not very good game. A game with just the tombs, and way more of them, would be very fun.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Shadow of The Tomb Raider

It's fascinating to me how they choose to wrap a short but good game inside a bloated not very good game. A game with just the tombs, and way more of them, would be very fun.

sounds exactly like the other tomb raider reboots

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

sounds exactly like the other tomb raider reboots

Pretty much. I got it on sale and liked it well enough so I don't mind too much but I wish they were better.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

2. GRIS

Definitely one of the prettiest games I ever played and I was excited to play just to see what the next area would be like or how the next colour would change things. It's only a few hours long but still about 2/3s in I realised I wasn't enjoying the gameplay much anymore just the spectacle. There were some really fun and clever puzzles like platforms you could make with your after image or ones that switched position every time you jumped. I wish they'd had more stuff like that rather than half the game being "can I walk past this wall or not?"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This game looks GREAT on my new ViewSonic monitor. 👍 Cuddled up with some Arby’s and just went in. Awesome time.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered campaign. Good poo poo. I was really tempted to buy this when I started itching for a modern military shooter campaign like a week before it was announced as this month’s PS Plus free game so I’m really glad I didn’t lol

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ace Attorney Investigations

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

2. GRIS

Definitely one of the prettiest games I ever played and I was excited to play just to see what the next area would be like or how the next colour would change things. It's only a few hours long but still about 2/3s in I realised I wasn't enjoying the gameplay much anymore just the spectacle. There were some really fun and clever puzzles like platforms you could make with your after image or ones that switched position every time you jumped. I wish they'd had more stuff like that rather than half the game being "can I walk past this wall or not?"

If a game can dazzle me visually i can deal with lack of gameplay, so heres hoping gris goes on sale eventually

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
breath of the wild, destroyed ganon with about 80 shrines and koroks both. one of the best games i've ever played, i have to think about where i rank it among zeldas but its up there.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ArfJason posted:

If a game can dazzle me visually i can deal with lack of gameplay, so heres hoping gris goes on sale eventually

It's relatively short too so by the time you start to notice the gameplay isn't that amazing compared to the visuals you're basically done. There was enough clever puzzles to def make me interested in their next game.

a Loving Dog posted:

breath of the wild, destroyed ganon with about 80 shrines and koroks both. one of the best games i've ever played, i have to think about where i rank it among zeldas but its up there.

Same. I think I'll still play it for a while but not as obsessively as when I still had Ganon left to beat. He killed my horse :negative:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

a Loving Dog posted:

I never thought anything would ever beat A Link to the Past for me but I'm pretty sure breath of the wild did it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

a Loving Dog posted:

Its the best 3d zelda imo

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Its the best 3d zelda imo

yah

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

14. Shinobi (1cc)

Failed every bonus stage :toot:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lets hang out posted:

14. Shinobi (1cc)

Failed every bonus stage :toot:

one of my favorite games. nice job

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's a great game, surprisingly relaxing to work through. Been working on Shadow Dancer too. I love these games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shinobi III on 3DS is tight.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I like to call it Winobi.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

HAPPY 3/9 EVERYONE!

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX

beat all the songs on the highest difficulties, all S ranks except As on some of the very hardest songs, ill go back to them but on 3DS buttons i dont really wanna push it too hard

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Count Lucanor, ring + treasure ending

Fun little adventure puzzle.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

5) Devil May Cry 5

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
DMCV. Best-in-class, godlike game .

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. DQXI
1a. DQXI post game
2. Devil May Cry 2 (Dante and Lucia discs)
3. Full Metal Furies (4p Co-Op)
4. RE2 Claire A/Leon B
5. DMC 3
6. DMC 4
7. DMC 5. GOTY for sure. I was busting nuts throughout the last three chapters but the whole game is incredible.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I can't wait to get home and start over on hard mode . I like that there's like a completely game changing unlock that you only get at the end of first play through

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

goferchan posted:

I can't wait to get home and start over on hard mode . I like that there's like a completely game changing unlock that you only get at the end of first play through

I didn't realize this at first, but there's also a bunch of new poo poo to unlock and mess around with for that character, too. He was already my favorite to play as, and now he feels insanely good in SoS mode.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Subnautica

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Just beat Plague of Shadows in Shovel Knight. This game is amazing.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I love Plague of Shadows

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It’s so drat good.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Plague is great but the level and soundtrack remixes in specter of torment are god tier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Plague is great but the level and soundtrack remixes in specter of torment are god tier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-I-0yHyRic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGOm15Sp0Qg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrmuH4aqfi4

These three are the standouts imo but they're all great. A little under a month until King Knight and it has a lot to live up to...