Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who wins the champ this year?
This poll is closed.
A contracted Cleveland Cavs team. 4 4.60%
DUNK CITY'S REVENGE 4 4.60%
Not Gonzaga 5 5.75%
gently caress Duke 47 54.02%
Not your team, that's for sure 15 17.24%
Your 10 y/o niece's bracket pick 12 13.79%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

IT WAS BASKET INTERFERENCE

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Conference tournaments starting today:
  • America East, where Vermont is head and shoulders the best team;
  • Colonial, tossup between Hofstra and Northeastern, though Charleston's decent too;
  • The Summit, where it would be a real shame if Mike Daum and South Dakota State didn't get in

The first automatic bid will be clinched tonight over in the Ohio Valley, where Belmont plays Murray State in a coin-flip game to see which excellent team gets to give a 5 or 6 seed fits. Tune in at 8, on paper it's the best mid-major conference final out there.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

IT WAS BASKET INTERFERENCE

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Bruce Pearl: “We couldn’t have done this outside of Auburn Arena”

Guess it’s good that he knows his place

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Best thing about Tennessee losing is that UK can get the 2 seed in the SEC with a win today. That means UK would play the 7pm game Friday and Tennessee gets the late game, which is huge since the winners of those games have to play the next day at 3:30. No team has ever won the SEC tournament out of that late night Friday game.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

R.D. Mangles posted:

How much did losing Taylor hurt them? He's been kind of a disappointment for Northwestern this year.

Taylor was a pretty big loss I'd imagine. It's hard to tell since almost the entire team defected.

PotatoJudge posted:

If Walter can recruit I think he'll have them competitive in 2-3 years. It's a big hill to climb though, considering UE's athletic budget is $7.25 and some expired McDonald's coupons.

Considering there's a d2 commuter school just outside of town (u of southern indiana) that recruits better than Evv I'm not getting my hopes up.

edit:on the other hand Evansville has an Oscar Winner (Remi Malek) as one of its alumni so the sky's the limit!

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Mar 9, 2019

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

hahahaha they're letting charlie hall start

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

honestly don't see a circumstance where northwestern gets anyone as good as vic law ever again

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

:toot: now go (ugh) UGA, if they knock off SC Auburn gets the 4 with two byes and a path to the semis against LSU at probably the right time to catch them

E: nm Georgia already blew it

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 9, 2019

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Justin Robinson gonna miss the ACCT most likely, hasn't been cleared by doctors yet, going in for re-eval in the next few days. Really hope he gets to at least play in the NCAAT. On the other side of the bench, half the fanbase assumes Buzz Williams bails after the season if one of the big Texas jobs opens up. VT basketball insider on 247 also said he's recently heard Buzz is considering trying to be VT basketball's Beamer, especially with Roy and K likely to be done coaching in the mid-term.

Crap Tastic
May 15, 2018

gently caress Duke.

gently caress Michigan State.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
24th Big Ten title. Hopefully the offense can get back on track after the rest before they start conference tournament on Friday.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

Crap Tastic posted:

gently caress Duke.

gently caress Michigan State.

This is a pro tier post.

Still hard to believe this Purdue team is the same that got soundly beat by Notre Dame in December. Nice to see Trevion Williams have a good game today too.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
If Carsen Edwards comes back this team is gonna be loving sick next season, til then I'm still anticipating a R32 exit

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Declan MacManus posted:

i mean he left and everybody leaves eventually so what are you gonna do

there’s only so much you can do here, shaka miracle run aside

I don’t mind that he left, I mind that the day before he left he sat his players and staff down and told them he wasn’t leaving and reports that he was were wrong

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

I don’t mind that he left, I mind that the day before he left he sat his players and staff down and told them he wasn’t leaving and reports that he was were wrong

I don't mean to poo poo all over your frustration, and I can definitely understand how infuriating that can be, but... that's practically industry practice now. Lie up until you're out the door. Everyone does that.

A dog and his man
Jan 24, 2019

by R. Guyovich
Another Duke player has died. RIP

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Drake just got knocked out by UNI. The MVC is not gonna have a Cinderella this year.

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 10, 2019

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

welp, k-state shares the big 12 title with texas tech, but at least they aren't sharing it with ku

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
gently caress DUKE PASS IT ON

Marlows
Nov 4, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

Love the sweep

gently caress Duke

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

facialimpediment posted:

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost

facialimpediment posted:

Yes.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

facialimpediment posted:

:emptyquote:

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Not expecting much out of the rest of the season without Zion but it’d be nice if players stopped dying in the UNC game.

No matter what happens season still ruled just getting to watch the the freshmen and especially Zion.

Also sad to see anyone cheering for Roy Williams and UNC the corniest man and fan base in all of college basketball

Adun fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 10, 2019

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Adun posted:

Also sad to see anyone cheering for Roy Williams and UNC the corniest man and fan base in all of college basketball

Yeah, I know Duke is Duke but people severely underestimate the world-historical evil that is UNC.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
There is no winning between Duke and UNC. I wish them both misery.

I want Michigan to lose to perennial little bro MSU. Get hosed, "Michigan Men"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

elentar posted:

The first automatic bid will be clinched tonight over in the Ohio Valley, where Belmont plays Murray State in a coin-flip game to see which excellent team gets to give a 5 or 6 seed fits. Tune in at 8, on paper it's the best mid-major conference final out there.

This was a good game although Belmont obviously wilted terribly at the end.

I wouldn't cry about it too much if Belmont snuck in anyway, although I have no idea if there's actually a chance of that.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Tom Sellout posted:

The game was p. much the Cassius Winston show in the second half. I have lots of complaints about hot garbo officiating throughout, but the main stories of the game were Cassius Winston doing Cassius Winston things, while Michigan's offense died in the second half again.

Unclear if it was due to natural causes, or getting shot by zebras :v:

Edit: found out why we lost https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/1104551907018899456?s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 10, 2019

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Tom Sellout posted:

There is no winning between Duke and UNC. I wish them both misery.

I've known and liked some folks who went to UNC.

Never met a Duke student I didn't want to throw in a river.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

elentar posted:

Yeah, I know Duke is Duke but people severely underestimate the world-historical evil that is UNC.

I mean if UNC is playing Duke then go UNC but otherwise gently caress Roy Williams and the Tarheels too.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I've known and liked some folks who went to UNC.

Never met a Duke student I didn't want to throw in a river.

Eh, I went to UNC and this is really blown out of proportion. We are huge sports rivals and yeah, gently caress Duke, but I’ve met plenty of Duke students who were cool and both universities do a lot of stuff together too like shared classes.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Congrats to LSU on the regular season SEC championship! I was just curious as to how they ranked on the list and was pleasantly surprised, but...

I knew Kentucky was dominant, but :drat:!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Slowpoke! posted:

Eh, I went to UNC and this is really blown out of proportion. We are huge sports rivals and yeah, gently caress Duke, but I’ve met plenty of Duke students who were cool and both universities do a lot of stuff together too like shared classes.

Now nc state on the other hand....

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Gardner-Webb are going to their first ever tournament.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
THE BRADLEY BRAVES ARE DANCING AGAIN

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Henchman of Santa posted:

Gardner-Webb are going to their first ever tournament.

lol Gardner Webb beat a Gillispie UK team

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Goddammit Lipscomb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Fiercely editing my draft post of "UNI gonna beat Kansas again," to, "Bradley gonna beat Kansas again."