Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Johnny Joestar posted:

i feel like it just comes down to personal preferences because i easily view this as on par with dmc3 if not better

I think this is my all time favorite “character action” game. It’s phenomenal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaos Personified
Oct 9, 2012
I hope the delay of bloody palace is to implement multiplayer. 2/3 person option in bloody palace would rock.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Would Nico be a worse or a better Lady?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm pretty fine with waiting for bloody palace a little bit and also i'm looking forward to any dlc that adds new characters

playable nico please

I thought about that too but there are a bunch of places the Van wouldn't fit. Also, she'd have to stick some speed racer poo poo on the bottom so the van could do jumps, but I'm sure she could handle that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Gologle posted:

Would Nico be a worse or a better Lady?

She would showcase an entirely new style of van-kata.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Question about mission 6 it just spawned a enemy with a huge health bar and I assume it's supposed to be a boss but it just... kinda walked around and did jack and poo poo. It popped spikes on it's back and that's it. Was it supposed to actually attack me? There was health all over the place but I just kinda beat the tar out of the poor thing...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Considering the secret ending is Trish and Lady getting hired for a job and that they were playable in DMC4:SE, I'd honestly expect the DLC to be them and maybe Motivation Man.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The most hosed up thing about DMC5 so far is that V and Nico are nearly my favorite characters :wtc:

Capcom is amazing

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Look, all I'd want is Lady to get a revamped and better moveset and give me that sweet rear end Trish moveset from 4 with some additions and I'd be good.

And, yeah, I guess that other dude to get peoples motor's vatin'.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Wait how can you give Lady a better movelist when she was hilariously, impossibly strong in 4SE?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

NecroMonster posted:

I thought about that too but there are a bunch of places the Van wouldn't fit. Also, she'd have to stick some speed racer poo poo on the bottom so the van could do jumps, but I'm sure she could handle that.

look if dante can get a weird motorcycle the sky's the limit for nico here. that's all i'm saying. imagine.

imagine

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Wait how can you give Lady a better movelist when she was hilariously, impossibly strong in 4SE?

Lady in 4SE is a walking Blue Rose Charge Shot, I love her.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Johnny Joestar posted:

look if dante can get a weird motorcycle the sky's the limit for nico here. that's all i'm saying. imagine.

imagine

agreed i think lady should get a mech. Or a weapon that turns into power armor.

Waldstein Sonata
Feb 19, 2013
If a block of tofu can brave the horrors of Raccoon City, then a crazy inventor in a van can find a way to fight the denizens of the underworld.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Waldstein Sonata posted:

If a block of tofu can brave the horrors of Raccoon City, then a crazy inventor in a van can find a way to fight the denizens of the underworld.

Well I mean she invented magic robot arms that have all the power of the cosmos, so.....she can do whatever the gently caress she wants.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Devil May Crazy Taxi, starring Nico.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

The most hosed up thing about DMC5 so far is that V and Nico are nearly my favorite characters :wtc:

Capcom is amazing

me, when v appears for the first time: i'm not sure about this guy

griffon:

me: i love him. we are friends now. where is the spinoff game

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

I'm really having trouble getting a handle on V. Like, he performs fine, I actually tend to get higher rankings than with Nero/Dante because he never gets hit, but I'm constantly in a state of Shadow never being where I want him, and it feels like I'm trying to manipulate marionette strings with boxing gloves on.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Lemme move while charging that bazooka.

... yeah, that's about all I need.

Oh, also her melee is wack as hell. Give an improvement on that.

In other news I just started playing on Son of Sparda difficulty and V? Where did this new outfit come from?

Zaa Boogie fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Mar 10, 2019

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's a good thing they made all those games with this engine so they could get in practice to finally reveal their ultimate reason for developing it: the perfect sullen goth twink, never before seen in videogames

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

real impact feels so good holy poo poo

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Oxxidation posted:

me, when v appears for the first time: i'm not sure about this guy

griffon:

me: i love him. we are friends now. where is the spinoff game

I want to play an Overlord/pikmin type of game in the RE engine with V + tons of summons

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Apparently rumble can tell you exactly when to pull the trigger for exceded, which sounds awesome except rumble refuses to work on my pc for just this game :negative:

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
beat game, expectations that were not exceeded:
- bloody palace not being obvious DLC bait
- V has nothing that references phantom
- dantes guns are a lot better than 4 but its still a case where you really don't have a reason to use anything besides the explosives and The Gimmick One (at least they aren't the same weapon this time around)
- you can't choose to just not have the sword/pistols like you could in DMC3

expectations that were exceeded:
literally all other things, including many things I didn't know I wanted before they happened

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
So apparently humanity's main power, judging from Lady, Nico, and parts of Nero, is not their strength of will, their strength of numbers, nor their strength of courage, but rather their ability to build increasingly big and strong Guns.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

darealkooky posted:

- you can't choose to just not have the sword/pistols like you could in DMC3

It's an unlock you can buy after you beat Son of Sparda.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

imagine

Van based launchers and helm splitters.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

darealkooky posted:

beat game, expectations that were not exceeded:
- bloody palace not being obvious DLC bait

Bloody Palace mode was free for DmC, who knows if it'll also be free here.

edit: Looked it up, it was confirmed it'll be free.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Mar 10, 2019

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
its not so much about it being $$$ DLC or not (I actually wouldn't mind this game getting some updates), it's that it's not a mode I can play right now to make grinding out the super taunts and the like more fun

Mulva posted:

It's an unlock you can buy after you beat Son of Sparda.

I take it loving back, itsuno the absolute madman

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Bloody Palace mode was free for DmC, who knows if it'll also be free here.

They said it was a free DLC coming sometime next month.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Great Gray Shrike posted:

I feel like the form of the Secret Missions in DMC5 are almost sort of a backwards "not in a million years" aimed at Ninja Theory. DMC5's Secret Mission location thingy are taking the central Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice mechanic (where you wander around areas until you can make shapes in the environment line up into specific runes) and just making this a part of DMC5 - and making it a much more fun mechanic with less bullshit frustration. "See Ninja Theory? We even do your innovative mechanics better than you do!"

Innovative? I suppose you could have called the Riddler puzzles in Arkham Asylum that back when that was new.

Relin posted:

has there been evidence of dramatic frames drops of people running the version of dmcv with and without denuvo on the SAME system? i cant install it anyway because i have literally no space and i am not dling nier and ff12 AGAIN until i finish one of them

I have not noticed a change in performance after grabbing the non-Denuvo executable. There are still areas with big drops in performance.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Me playing Nero: *thinks up cool combos that start with a rocket punch then go into launcher do a pseudo double jump combo fly back down to the ground taunt dash back and go forward do a dashing spinny slash too launch the guy up again surf on my flying fist grapple guy to ground shoot multi hit bullets dash make arm explode

Game: Good effort guy have an A!

Me playing V: *mashes summon buttons

Game: SUPER SICK STYLING SSS YOU'VE MASTERED IT

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
Just some interesting thoughts as I replay on SoS.

V has a taunt that plays the 1812 overture while he conducts.

V's useless cane can parry enemy attacks (!!!)

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Brutakas posted:

Just some interesting thoughts as I replay on SoS.

V has a taunt that plays the 1812 overture while he conducts.

V's useless cane can parry enemy attacks (!!!)

Yeah, it's basically the best/only way to make it through refighting Cavalier Angelo as V is you don't take Shadow for him.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The PWAANGG sound when you parry an enemy with V's cane is very satisfying. It's like "gently caress off" in sound effect form.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Can anyone tell me how to do secret mission 9?
The one where you need to hit a Death Scissor's weak point. Any time I've done so has been by accident and I don't know how.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Peewi posted:

Can anyone tell me how to do secret mission 9?
The one where you need to hit a Death Scissor's weak point. Any time I've done so has been by accident and I don't know how.

You kinda need to be careful.

When you fully break a Death Scissor's weapon it will start pulling out another one and its mask goes all red while it's doing it. If you shoot 'em while it is they'll die in one hit.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
This game is loving amazing. Aside from the fact they've made the best combat system ever made (sorry, Bayonetta) better, one big improvement from the previous games I'm not sure has been remarked on is that the world feels much less sterile and empty than in previous DMCs. The areas in previous games felt like big empty setpieces, even if the environment was lush or it was in a city, whereas now there's more verisimilitude. A lot of this for me comes from things not directly connected merely with area design or graphics - those being the much more frequent dialogue from the player character (and V's companions) and the larger cast of characters, which help in me thinking of the world I'm presented with as being one in which people actually live and things are going on outside of what I can see.

Edit: I also wanna echo whoever it was who said that V should be much less cool than he is, given that he's a pretentious and vaguely effete goth. I'd actually written something very similar but didn't post it prior to seeing that post.

Neurosis fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Mar 10, 2019

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

effete goths are cool though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Brother Entropy posted:

effete goths are cool though