Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

"But Dan "Wild-Dog" Crenshaw was still dangerous, still deadly, and he would prove it to any low-T man-bun cuck that tried to step up to the podium. Read more about his meteoric rise to power in Freedom: Eye of the Storm this Independence Day" (written by Rush Limbaugh)

KillerQueen fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/seth_hettena/status/1104552461941915648
https://twitter.com/seth_hettena/status/1104554648151572480?s=19

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Casey Finnigan posted:

I think she should get sword legs like that lady in Kingsman. Or she should give me the money to get sword legs for myself, at least.

If we're asking for augmentations, I want to get a new arm with a cannon in it.

Or a bottle opener attachment at least.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Burning sources to own the libs. Literally putting the country in greater danger to... own the libs.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

pseudanonymous posted:

Burning sources to own the libs. Literally putting the country in greater danger to... own the libs.

i'm reading this, it's 268 pages

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

pseudanonymous posted:

TBF, that source has probably already been burned. Probably very literally.

This popped up in the responses...
https://twitter.com/TheGlare_TM/status/1104562554502897665

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Doug Jones R-GA

lol

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

crucial point of order: doug jones is D-AL, and presumably not the person who released this

one assumes based on the url and also the annotation that he means doug collins, R-GA

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

spunkshui posted:

I dont read it, but im betting it would prevent what San Francisco is doing by letting local illegal immigrants vote on school board elections.

Hell, it wasn't even that. He tried to add language to HR1 to reaffirm what is already law and the Democrats in control of the house didn't allow it. It was literally nothing but an attempt to make a political point on the back of the Democrats making a political point about the influence of money in politics! It was a twenty minute derail in the house with the goal of manufacturing ammunition to fire on Twitter. He tried to recommit the bill to committee just as it was about to pass.

The relevant bits are here (note that the timestamps are in reverse order, and for full context click through to the link below, which shows this was a last minute move before the bill passed the house):

quote:

03/08/2019-11:13am On motion to recommit with instructions Failed by the Yeas and Nays: 197 - 228 (Roll no. 117).
Action By: House of Representatives
03/08/2019-11:05am The previous question on the motion to recommit with instructions was ordered without objection.
03/08/2019-10:53am Floor summary: DEBATE - The House proceeded 10 minutes of debate on the Crenshaw motion to recommit with instructions. The instructions contained in the motion seek to require the bill to be reported back to the House with an amendment to add language on Upholding Suffrage in America Title XI- Upholding Suffrage in America, Divison D.
03/08/2019-10:53am Mr. Crenshaw moved to recommit with instructions to the Committee on the Judiciary.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/1/all-actions?s=2&r=1

Priapus Unbound fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Mar 10, 2019

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

pseudanonymous posted:

How was this released by some random GA congressman?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

mango sentinel posted:

How was this released by some random GA congressman?

he Pentagon Papersed it and put it into the Congressional Record, afaict

and yeah based on articles coming out it's definitely collins

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

pseudanonymous posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Chris Steele wasn't working for the US government so his sources are not necessarily US intelligence assets. It's a dick move and the whole thing was supposed to be confidential as PPJ pointed out earlier, but I don't think revealing Steele's sources is illegal.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

quote:

Q Let me just step back for a moment, just because there is certainly a lot of mention of Russian oligarchs in the news these days. Certainly, some of the individuals are part of our investigation. And with your experience, I was wondering if you could elaborate at a higher level to, you know, if and why you think it is important for us to understand what the national security implications are of these individuals and the crimes they commit.
I mean, a lot of these crimes we talk about are of a financial nature, money laundering. But I don't think it really puts maybe the full context of perhaps the import, you know, to the country.
So I was just wondering if you could speak a little bit more in detail about, you know, the body of work that you have been engaged in and how you think people should really think about these cases in a larger sense, right, and why they should matter to them.

A Okay. I will try to answer that question.

You began with Russian oligarchs. I think one thing that outsiders do not always understand is that Russia works differently from the United States and most Western countries, that Russia is a place where, unfortunately, crime and corruption are quite pervasive, and that the line between government, business, and organized crime is thin, gray, nonexistent, whatever you want to say. So what people might look at as a business deal or a government action often may be linked to criminal activity. And so we have to be very careful when we see Russian criminal, business, or government activity and be aware that they often flow into each other.
It is my experience that Russian criminals, businessmen, government officials often use the government for their own private ends, and, conversely, the Russian state often uses oligarchs and criminals for government ends, to an extent which I think is not well understood by most people in the West.
Q Okay. So, if I am hearing right, it sounds like in Russia it is often indistinguishable, criminal networks from the official Russian Government network, and where those boundaries may lie. Is that accurate to say?
A Yes.
Q Okay. And so would it be fair to say that the activities of Russian oligarchs who may be involved in crimes is especially notable because they are also so heavily involved in the business of the official Russian state? Is that a fair statement?
A Yes.

---snip---
Q And so, in your experience, the sources related to your work, is it, in your mind, especially important to keep their identities confidential because of the potential risk to personal safety?
A Yes.

Q is Valerie Shen, the chief national security counsel for Ranking Member Cummings on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. A is Ohr, for this section

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Party Plane Jones posted:

Q is Valerie Shen, the chief national security counsel for Ranking Member Cummings on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

Finally, the secret is out.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Q is Valerie Shen, the chief national security counsel for Ranking Member Cummings on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. A is Ohr, for this section
Makes sense that a Valarie would worry about Republicans trying to burn sources.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/DogmaDisputant/status/1104577149858709504

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Aww, honey, you say that like it’s a bad thing. Also remember when Donald Trump forced you to literally change your name because he’s forevermad at your uncle?

Christ, I’m never gonna get over that one.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Squalid posted:

Don't get me wrong, it does matter to a lot of people. It's just not often a top priority. I couldn't find up to date polling on the issue but here's results from one New Hampshire survey from January:

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/marijuana-legalization-a-top-priority-for-2020-democratic-primary-voters-in-new-hampshire/

I expect marijuana legalization is a much higher priority issue among New Hampshire Democrats than it is among the general US population.

I don't have a break down showing young voters who I believe are overwhelmingly in favor of legalization, but that doesn't mean its their number 1 issue. It probably does help motivate people, it just isn't going to be as significant as candidates other positions.

I think it will get people to vote that never even thought about registering. This is something that actually effects younger people’s lives every day. Even if they should be focusing on more important poo poo it doesn’t mean the will. Most likely it will be a few people’s only reason to actually vote, that’s my opinion though as a daily smoker. Not backed up by anything but anecdotal evidence.

Like I’m not talking polls of registered voters, I’m talking about people that don’t vote period ever.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Reading an article from The National Review and loving lolling at the contrived logic used to justify how Bernie Sanders, jewish dem frontrunner, is supporting Anti-Semite Omar. He's just breaking a few eggs to make an omelette in his bid to become USA Corbyn. It's really loving funny until I realize I have at least two coworkers who would eat this poo poo up.

e: vvvvv WHAT vvvvv

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Mar 10, 2019

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Within the last hour we've been made aware of two felony level (?) crimes committed by trump admins and today we learned of an access selling scheme by a human trafficker through the president's private country club with a secret guest list that we 100% know is a direct line to the president for said guests to direct policy.

None of that is going to be front page news tomorrow.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Stop posting primary chat bait tweets itt.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

InsertPotPun posted:

Within the last hour we've been made aware of two felony level (?) crimes committed by trump admins and today we learned of an access selling scheme by a human trafficker through the president's private country club with a secret guest list that we 100% know is a direct line to the president for said guests to direct policy.

Nothing Matters

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/1104592068142399489

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

InsertPotPun posted:

Outrage fatigue is a hell of a thing. Remember when it came out during the 2016 campaign that Trump violated the Cuba embargo in the 90's and nobody gave a poo poo about it? I feel like if any other presidential candidate had done that, it would have absolutely sunk them.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Look, there's a joke here, and I'm not gonna make it.

I really want to, though.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

InsertPotPun posted:

Yeah it’s kinda gross what never makes it to the top pages of the AP or Reuters apps. I need a better news app after all the coverage of all this anti-hate nonsense instead of anything more important. It’s like we all know what’s going on but all the stories tone down just how absolutely crazy everything is right now. Like Trump just spews pure insanity and people are still somehow not acting like this is a total joke, it’s like I’m living in bizarro world.

I’ve clowned so many people I know on Facebook that at least 5-6 people want to physically assault me if they see me around somewhere. So many people I grew up with are totally down the rabbit hole. I swear one of them responded something along the lines of winning some kind of “meme war”. That’s something I never thought I would hear out of somebody I know, rather than being an internet thing. Another one of them had that green Kek flag or whatever that stupid thing is in his profile pic. These dudes are lame pussies so I’m not really worried unless it’s like 5-6 of them. The only thing that gives me pause is all the loving cop friends they got that chimed in and were talking poo poo.

My band is getting ready to play shows and I always send mass invites to my friends list to drum up a crowd. I’m gonna start carrying a knife in case I gotta loving defend myself from one of these psychos. I guess I could not call them scumbag nazis on facebook....but gently caress that.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

mdemone posted:

Look, there's a joke here, and I'm not gonna make it.

I really want to, though.

Make the joke! Be the change you wish to see in the world!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I like how all Republicans had to do was vote for saying antisemitism is bad to continue letting Pelosi's AIPAC spotfest burn down the Dems and they still just. couldn't. do it.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Added "go on Chapo" to my Twitter mute list.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/TrumpsAlert/status/1104605319949238272?s=19

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Uhh what? Did Scavino forget to switch accounts?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

InsertPotPun posted:

The news the lamesteam media won’t report

*that I learned from an entirely mainstream news source reporting it right now

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I'm sure he thinks this is because China is trying to cheat with prostitutes to win the trade war

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

... What?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Apparently it's not liked anymore so he must have fat-fingered it.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Harton posted:

Yeah it’s kinda gross what never makes it to the top pages of the AP or Reuters apps. I need a better news app after all the coverage of all this anti-hate nonsense instead of anything more important. It’s like we all know what’s going on but all the stories tone down just how absolutely crazy everything is right now. Like Trump just spews pure insanity and people are still somehow not acting like this is a total joke, it’s like I’m living in bizarro world.

I’ve clowned so many people I know on Facebook that at least 5-6 people want to physically assault me if they see me around somewhere. So many people I grew up with are totally down the rabbit hole. I swear one of them responded something along the lines of winning some kind of “meme war”. That’s something I never thought I would hear out of somebody I know, rather than being an internet thing. Another one of them had that green Kek flag or whatever that stupid thing is in his profile pic. These dudes are lame pussies so I’m not really worried unless it’s like 5-6 of them. The only thing that gives me pause is all the loving cop friends they got that chimed in and were talking poo poo.

My band is getting ready to play shows and I always send mass invites to my friends list to drum up a crowd. I’m gonna start carrying a knife in case I gotta loving defend myself from one of these psychos. I guess I could not call them scumbag nazis on facebook....but gently caress that.

I read the last two paragraphs in Jason Statham's voice.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/SaraCarterDC/status/1104541429794254849

Right wing welfare plans

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Harton posted:

Carry OC. Knives are for dead idiots.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i mean he won't win any of this. at best he will make money from the grift circut which was probably the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

How do I get slandered by CNN? The grift circuit seems pretty great.