Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Are Uraraka and Bakugou's costumes also rigged to explode?

EDIT: Wow, what a lovely page snipe.

Rhonne posted:

So here's an interesting theory I just saw: Uraraka and Bakugou's costumes were both made by the same support company, who put two black dots on their costumes as their signature:

Someone pointed out that the president of Detnerat also has two black dots on his head and he mentioned in this chapter how they're using the items they leaked onto the black market to keep surveillance on the villains using them. The theory is that he may also be spying on UA through Uraraka and Bakugou's costumes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Crasical posted:

Are Uraraka and Bakugou's costumes also rigged to explode?

It would make for a pretty dramatic moment where Bakugou goes to blast the guy, only for his gauntlets to explode.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rhonne posted:

It would make for a pretty dramatic moment where Bakugou goes to blast the guy, only for his gauntlets to explode.

I feel like that would just encourage Bakugou.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Patware posted:

that would be a loving baller way to close the Traitor Plot loop, holy poo poo

Except it still wouldn't do that, no way would Detnerat give that info to the League. But it's a definite good find.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Rhonne posted:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

The Lord of Hats posted:

Except it still wouldn't do that, no way would Detnerat give that info to the League. But it's a definite good find.

could've been someone else in their circle trying to solve two problems without getting involved. training one pack of superchildren onto another pack of superchildren isn't necessarily a favor for either of them in the long game

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Mulderman posted:

In the official translations? Not bloody likely.

How could you possibly forget this panel?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fock isn't gently caress. I dunno what Fock even means.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
last chapter this guy's company announced they were branching into designing hero gear, up until now they've only done custom clothes for people with nonstandard body types. i think it's safe to say bakugo and uraraka's costumes were made by someone else.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Mulderman posted:

In the official translations? Not bloody likely.

Just finished the movie. Good stuff.

maybe not in the translations but mineta vs. miss midnight has mineta running around screaming "gently caress" in the original also it's pretty fuckin normal for highschool kids to curse

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
If I recall Mineta is actually yelling gently caress in english in the original Japanese during the semester final.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

That's not an O, that's basically a censor circle.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I can’t help but notice that if you replace the ‘R’ with an ‘L’ then “Detnerat” is “Talented” spelled backwards.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

But what about F█ck.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
F█ck you for that one.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kyte posted:

But what about F█ck.

That's a sign you need to wash your ____ing mouth out with soap, because you're talking in front of ____ing kids.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

You want to **** Deku, don't you, Bakugou?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

What the f◯ck did you just f◯cking say about me, you little b◯tch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in g◯rilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the f◯ck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my f◯cking words. You think you can get away with saying that sh◯t to me over the Internet? Think again, f◯cker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're f◯cking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ◯ss off the face of the continent, you little sh◯t. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your f◯cking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will sh◯t fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're f◯cking dead, kiddo.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Mar 9, 2019

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Bakugo, stop posting on internet or you'll lose your provisional Hero license.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 9, 2019

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Vengarr posted:

What the f◯ck did you just f◯cking say about me, you little b◯tch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in g◯rilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the f◯ck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my f◯cking words. You think you can get away with saying that sh◯t to me over the Internet? Think again, f◯cker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're f◯cking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ◯ss off the face of the continent, you little sh◯t. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your f◯cking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will sh◯t fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're f◯cking dead, kiddo.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Lt. Lizard posted:

Bakugo, stop posting on internet, or you'll lose your provisional Hero license.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
lol

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

:five:

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Amazing.

What font is that? I want to replace the last word here with "fizz":

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

lowercase16 posted:

Amazing.

Deathrattle BB.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:vince:

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

:perfect:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

lowercase16 posted:

Amazing.

i've been chewing on that line since the chapter came out, the 'thrill' thing REALLY doesn't carry over into english as far as being a gag on the quirk like it's supposed to be

i keep landing on 'i love it when things get popping' but that's the kind of slangy line that feels awkward and out of place

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Patware posted:

i've been chewing on that line since the chapter came out, the 'thrill' thing REALLY doesn't carry over into english as far as being a gag on the quirk like it's supposed to be

i keep landing on 'i love it when things get popping' but that's the kind of slangy line that feels awkward and out of place

Sometimes you just have to accept that Japanese humour is based nearly entirely on untranslatable puns and you'll never be able to get the same thing in translations.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Patware posted:

I actually find that to be a cute localization, not gonna lie.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I like that the sides of his mask have a soda can top thing going on

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Mar 10, 2019

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Would “lives for the physical” have worked for the pun?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

LightningKimba posted:

I actually find that to be a cute localization, not gonna lie.
Yeah, same.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

"Time to shake things up!" is where my mind went.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

lowercase16 posted:

Amazing.

Edit: fixed word positioning

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
The official translation uses:

I control carbonation! Getting all shook up makes me feel really alive!

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Thats a pretty good translation on the part of the official.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
"I can control carbonated water, and I live to shake things up!" is right there, too. Disappointing.

fake edit: the official translation is much better than the fans

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

bare bottom pancakes posted:

"I control carbonation, and I live to shake things up!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Conot posted:

Thats a pretty good translation on the part of the official.

Yeah. Their Giran bit was pretty solid too.

It's not as creatively vulgar as some fan translations, but it gets across that Giran's being remarkably defiant for a man in his position, and that he's arguing from a position of principle.

He may be a scumbag, but he's a scumbag who knows what he believes in.