Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

not caring here posted:

Okay that looks cool and all but what the devil is everyone making?

factories to make more factories to make more factories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

not caring here posted:

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Slim Pickens posted:

if this isn't the first thing you did once you got DD i don't know what's wrong with you

I gotta reinstall so I can go run across an Afghan valley with my doggo buddy again :3:

I've got between now and June to burn through my vidya game backlog and am very happy that MGS is in that list. But first! *gets another moon in Super Mario Odyssey*

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

not caring here posted:

I don't think you "get" Factorio.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

EBB posted:

I don't think you "get" Factorio.

I don't either and I'm glad for it

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I registered on a mailing list for "Satisfactory" a while back, and it went into open "beta" this weekend, to conclude the Alpha phase. I figured I'd give it a quick spin to see if I want to keep it on my wishlist for sometime down the road, and a quick spin turned into currently six hours.

The game is basically 3D Factorio with a Subnautica feel and No Man's Sky environments. Bizarrely-enough, it's better at environments and biomes than No Man's Sky, and doesn't look unfinished at all. I've only encountered a few unfinished things like placeholder text for further unlockable tiers, and not a single bug so far.
I'm buying the poo poo out of this game. I don't care if it's on the Epic Games platform, it's fun as hell, and scratches basically three itches at the same time.

Here's a video, though it only really highlights the balls-to-the-wall industrial stuff, and not so much the whole environment / exploration aspects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHO660DOXgw

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/satisfactory/home

So if you drop the $30 today does it get you early access right now? The site is vague and lacks any dates.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Okay so apparently the goal is to build some kind of gently caress off huge machine? And you shoot stuff and and teach alien women to love (presumably).

The youtubes look pretty dope and I'm actually quite tempted by this one. Also forcing me to get the epic games launcher thingemy would also justify me getting the latest metro game.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

This season gimmick in PoE seems straight-up annoying and not worth bothering with

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It absolutely needs some tweaks, which supposedly are on their way maybe this week.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

So I started playing factorio again... but with Bob's and Angel's :negative:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

So I started playing factorio again... but with Bob's and Angel's :negative:

Your rocket will launch sometimes next century.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

EBB posted:

Your rocket will launch sometimes next century.

im more annoyed by the inclusion of odd numbers, how am i supposed to do a good ratio?????

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

im more annoyed by the inclusion of odd numbers, how am i supposed to do a good ratio?????

build more factory

defeat industrial inefficiency by sheer increase in carbon footprint

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

EBB posted:

build more factory

Im in the process of reorganizing my electronics production, so I can start science manufacturing, so I can upgrade ore production, so I can update metal manufacturing, etc.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

factorio: build more factory

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

EBB posted:

So if you drop the $30 today does it get you early access right now? The site is vague and lacks any dates.

Early access launches March 19th, not sure if you get any goodies by pre-purchasing now, but I'm definitely grabbing it so I don't really mind pulling the trigger on the early purchase deal.

Can't wait to build giant gently caress-off pollute-o-complexes, and then chain-launchpad through the smog clouds.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

So Halo MCC is probably coming to PC later today.

They fixed it a bunch since it's disastrous launch on Xbox and honestly, I'm excited because I like Halo and I like playing shootmans on my PC. Haters vacate.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Early access launches March 19th, not sure if you get any goodies by pre-purchasing now, but I'm definitely grabbing it so I don't really mind pulling the trigger on the early purchase deal.

Can't wait to build giant gently caress-off pollute-o-complexes, and then chain-launchpad through the smog clouds.

Waiting for the reviews and a proper dev map first.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Handsome Ralph posted:

So Halo MCC is probably coming to PC later today.

They fixed it a bunch since it's disastrous launch on Xbox and honestly, I'm excited because I like Halo and I like playing shootmans on my PC. Haters vacate.

Oh poo poo

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Halo 2 online was some of my fav gaming moments

Plus LAN halo of course

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

EBB posted:

build more factory

the gamer green new deal

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I never played Reach and now I feel like I missed out. It wasn’t until it came and went that I heard all the praise. ODST had a fun campaign iirc

also, who remembers this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjamhIPVvnI

and this one i guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18-_9E0HNY4

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Here’s some purestrain ultra dork to kick off Wednesday.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't think I could hit delete fast enough.

Actually, it would probably be delete and make a rule putting any of this goobers followups to the trash without reading.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

yo so Path of Exile is finally-finally coming to PS4 I guess. What’s the fuss? F2P Diablo 3? I think I played it on PC years ago but don’t remember a thing. Do like Diablo

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm going to greatly summarize it and try and not put as much of my I have nearly ten thousand combined hours playing this over seven years bias into it.

Path of Exile is a F2P game that started out as a sort of Diablo 2.5 but evolved into its own many years ago. It shares the same principles of any ARPG - kill monsters to get loot, to kill bigger monsters to get better loot. It is however considerably, considerably more complicated than something like Diablo 3, both in the good and bad ways. There are tons of layers of mechanics that will take a long time to fully understand, but following guides and asking questions these days is mostly enough to get new players by. It does indeed have a harsh learning curve for a game in 2019.

The main gimmick are leagues, which are basically seasons in other sorts of games. Each new league is either a mini or full on expansion, and they come out every three months. Each league has a new gimmick that eventually gets baked into the main game a few months afterwards - hence why there's so much to do and why it's becoming somewhat overwhelming to new players. The newest league, Synthesis, just started on March 8th and runs until early June.

The F2P aspect is almost entirely cosmetic. You get a stash with 6 tabs that you can't rename, and the game has a lot of goddamn loot to throw at you so you're gonna want more. But there's no boosts or anything that's actually P2W or anything remotely of the sort. You can get all the tabs you would want on sale and spend like 20 bucks and never have to spend a dime more if you don't want to.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

^ controller support.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

is there a dodge-roll button?? Might as well try it out anyway

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Managed to get HOI IV and all the DLC for 35 bucks.

It's been a fun time. Still learning the ropes but it's not nearly as complicated as I thought it would be.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Halo had the best commercials, but this one was my favorite.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I like the diorama they made for halo 3? 4?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I like the diorama they made for halo 3? 4?

They made some really, really good commercials for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rridXskgWg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMMDlxYX6WQ

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
All the live action stuff they did when they were working with Weta was so good, and I was so excited for the movie they were going to make.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/CanYouPetTheDog/status/1105261068950097921

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the greatest mod ever made

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZD8HWCDV2U

wonder if its going to be cross play with pc

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If it's like the 360 version, no.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
GOTY 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejw3xpPIVbQ

Can't link those and not link the Landfall short film that they actually bought air time for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZD8HWCDV2U

wonder if its going to be cross play with pc

don’t think so