Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bofast posted:

His description quickly goes off rails into talking about Star Citizen leading him to some IRL event horizon and transfer of conciousness into the game? :confused:

Store Citizer: IRL Event Horizon

He's got to dial it back on the drugs. He's going to have a psychotic episode soon.

e: taxxe

Agony Aunt fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
dude is going to start asking for a lot more money soon to keep this poo poo up

you can see the burnout setting in deep already

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

TheAgent posted:

dude is going to start asking for a lot more money soon to keep this poo poo up

you can see the burnout setting in deep already

Doesn't this happen every year, once the shine wears off the bullshit that was sold at christmas?

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dementropy posted:

From 1:06:14 to 1:09:12:

-clipping
-ship's interior briefly disappearing during boarding
-weapons disappearing from people's hands
-people disappearing inside the ship and then reappearing

ITS ALPHA!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Peter.Quint posted:

The hilarity on Rex's stream continues: random crashes, Rex getting killed by rocks he stands on, spaceships out of control, people with heads stuck in the ceiling, the endless repetition of "VIP missions" in the dusty canyon.

And then it hit a new low. The stream died and I thought maybe CIG had asked him not to show any more crashes. His explanation the next day was that Star Citizen completely incapacitated his PC.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/392808456?t=9m30s

It doesn't get much better for the poor, hard working shill. At this point he calls out to his RSI overlords asking for them to fix it. He ends up streaming the process of just trying to get Star Citizen to work. At least he's giving an honest representation of what Star Citizen is about.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/392808456?t=15m30s

He might be starting to snap. It's painful but watch it to the end, it's so loving funny.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/392808456?t=19m20s

For me, this is the best thing on the internet.

Viewer: What about other games?
Rex: I want to be able to play Star Citizen

LOL, that loading screen while Rex is waiting for the game to load is pretty apt, the one with the wreck on fire.

Agony Aunt fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Mar 10, 2019

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Agony Aunt posted:

ITS ALPHA!

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/1104415241105039362

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

LLLOOOOOOLLLL

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/discolando/status/1104523401341726722
https://twitter.com/bodyXpolitic/status/1104523736303194112
https://twitter.com/bodyXpolitic/status/1104526059305881600
https://twitter.com/humanevil51/status/1104652217297104896
https://twitter.com/humanevil51/status/1104651818855026689

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Star Citizens at their finest.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
Fuckwits.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

All those unwarranted attacks to white males. As a privileged non-white "male" I cannot really understand what they must be enduring but my heart goes to them, the poor things.

Also, goddamn, Brie is not in the Black Panther movie, she's is in the not-Shazam Captain Marvel one.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It's funny that their worship of anyone even tangentially related to star citizer overrides their absolute pants-making GBS threads anger at a movie and the lady who is in it.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Yep. I rarely go to the cinema, but I think I will take the kids to see this one just to irritate these retarded cockwombles.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Scruffpuff posted:

This is why I get pissed when CIGG talks about fixing "bugs." Even their little show "Bugsmashers" was created and titled specifically to make it look like a) the project was far enough along to enter bugfixing and b) they're a real game development studio you guys. Newsflash Chris: your poo poo-tier garbage project isn't at the stage to "fix bugs" yet - it's barely out of proof-of-concept. I'd go so far as to say that it's a "proof the concept failed."

So Chris, you sweaty, inept gently caress: are you a bit nervous yet? How are you coming along on your single-player moron-tier shitshow that nobody paid for? Coming along nicely I assume? Smooth sailing that Rockstar maybe will be able to match? How are your new owners treating you? Did you sock away some of the money you stole from the original backers so you can try this poo poo again in two years? Did you sock enough away for a few more attempts?

Keep trying, Chris. Don't let inability and a complete lack of talent stop you from trying what for you is impossible but for others is easy. Just dust yourself off and steal again!

You sound like an absolute loving idiot when you make posts like these and I think the only thing more pathetic than you making them is that you don't have the wit to be embarrassed by them.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Run Matt! Run!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

It's funny that their worship of anyone even tangentially related to star citizer overrides their absolute pants-making GBS threads anger at a movie and the lady who is in it.

So what did the conventionally super attractive white woman with nice boobs do? It's just because she's a woman as the main character? Because that other conventionally super attractive white woman with nice boobs did wonder woman and it seemed to be cool then.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
Well you see she suggested that movies movie journalism have more women role models/powerful characters.

And nobody even asked her! Can you believe it? People sharing opinions on the internet.

E: Sorry, it wasn't even as big an issue as my incorrect take was.

Sum Mors fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 10, 2019

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClB0dQfROgI

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sum Mors posted:

Well you see she suggested that movies movie journalism have more women role models/powerful characters.

And nobody even asked her! Can you believe it? People sharing opinions on the internet.

E: Sorry, it wasn't even as big an issue as my incorrect take was.

More women, on my female super hero movies, and playing as powerful characters? gently caress that noise! If someone other than the manliest man that has ever manned gets cast as catwoman for the (surely to be coming) reboot then I'll bitch about it online! like, a whole lot. I'll bitch about that and about Rey, that loving Mary Sue. Because bitch about Rey December is too far away.

e: Wait, so it is about women in movie journalism? They have done gently caress up!

e2: Ahaha, I just checked and the movie has earned a shitload of money. The headlines are pretty funny.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Mar 10, 2019

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BAZszW2dfY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BAZszW2dfY

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

You sound like an absolute loving idiot when you make posts like these and I think the only thing more pathetic than you making them is that you don't have the wit to be embarrassed by them.

I mean, I'm not going to disagree, but I kind of like picturing him rage-writing a screed directed at someone that will never read it.
It's tasty.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

trucutru posted:

So what did the conventionally super attractive white woman with nice boobs do? It's just because she's a woman as the main character? Because that other conventionally super attractive white woman with nice boobs did wonder woman and it seemed to be cool then.

Get this: she said that Hollywood film critics are kind of lacking in diversity. This made the alt-right super mad, and then during the press tour she said some more stuff about diversity. She's basically a terrorist when you think about it.

I saw CM yesterday, it was... fine? It was a conventional 3 act Marvel superhero movie about being true to yourself or something, and I was mostly uncomfortable seeing for the first time a cinematic version of the 90's that is now going to replace the old cinematic version of the 70's when directors need to set their movie in the long-long ago, the before times. She glowed and she punched stuff and she remembered to believe in herself and not try to chase what others expected of her, and the actual plot points were extremely thin and didn't really support the movie much at all if you thought too much about it. It was a solid 75%-er from me, which is a little below my superhero filmgoing average for the last year or so with Thor 3 and Into the Spiderverse both taking solid 90's. But it was fine. It'll be good to have some women other than pouty Scarlett Jo at the next Avengers sausage fest.

LostMy2010Accnt
Dec 13, 2018

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I don't get it, either. Supposedly it's his thing to sound just as obsessive about Chris Roberts as an avid Star Citizen fan.

LostMy2010Accnt
Dec 13, 2018

Fidelitious posted:

I mean, I'm not going to disagree, but I kind of like picturing him rage-writing a screed directed at someone that will never read it.
It's tasty.

He's screaming at a signed photo of Chris Roberts during each of these posts. Afterwards, with tears running down his eyes, he cradles the picture and tells Chris he only lashes out because he loves him.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Sarsapariller posted:

I saw CM yesterday, it was... fine? It was a solid 75%-er from me, which is a little below my superhero filmgoing average for the last year or so with Thor 3 and Into the Spiderverse both taking solid 90's. But it was fine.

:same:

I wanted to like it, but found it pretty disappointing. About an hour in I told my wife “this should’ve been called Slumber Woman.”

Marvel usually nails their characterizations - sharply drawn protags with very distinct personalities and motives. I think they missed the mark with the script. I can’t believe I’m typing this but “Marvel could learn a thing or two from DC” — they really did a better than expected job with Wonder Woman. (It probably helped that Zach Snyder wasn’t there to ruin absolutely everything!)

Still, I’m glad it did well. I am at least consoled that it’s causing some misery for the underbelly of Star Citizenry. Every dark cloud...

(You’re right — Spiderverse was an unexpected delight. That’s one I’m bagging in 4K because dang did that thing dazzle on screen!)

G0RF fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Mar 11, 2019

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

G0RF posted:

:same:

I wanted to like it, but found it pretty disappointing. About an hour in I told my wife “this should’ve been called Slumber Woman.”

Marvel usually nails their characterizations - sharply drawn protags with very distinct personalities and motives. I think they missed the mark with the script. I can’t believe I’m typing this but “Marvel could learn a thing or two from DC” — they really did a better than expected job with Wonder Woman. (It probably helped that Zach Snyder wasn’t there to ruin absolutely everything!)

Still, I’m glad it did well. I am at least consoled that it’s causing some misery for the underbelly of Star Citizenry. Every dark cloud...

(You’re right — Spiderverse was an unexpected delight. That’s one I’m bagging in 4K because dang did that thing dazzle on screen!)

I think the big scriptwriting mistake was deciding that she was going to have movie-amnesia, and then separate her from the only familiar faces for about 2/3rds of the plot. She had a personality but it was completely unsupported by any lived experience or friends/family so most of the first and second act of the movie is just this character who doesn't have much for a writer to work with, trying to solve a mystery whose outcome the audience all knew from the opening scene (she was from earth all along! Yeah, we know. It's... it's a movie about earth superheros.) It felt like the writers kinda knew it was pretty weak, so they turned a lot of those chapters into a Sam Jackson vehicle and let him do his creepily-CGI'd thing. In retrospect it felt very similar to Thor 1, where he spends half the movie not being Thor in a random backwater town.

Also I was briefly amused that a woman whose main aspiration in life was to fly combat missions for the US Air Force in the nineties was horrified to learn that her adoptive alien empire was going around bombing indigenous people while labeling them terrorists. What, uh... what is it that you thought was going to be your job there, Captain?

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Mar 11, 2019

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

LostMy2010Accnt posted:

I don't get it, either. Supposedly it's his thing to sound just as obsessive about Chris Roberts as an avid Star Citizen fan.

It’s like everything else surrounding Star Citizen these days, it’s become weird performance art.

Personally, I like it.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

LostMy2010Accnt
Dec 13, 2018

colonelwest posted:

It’s like everything else surrounding Star Citizen these days, it’s become weird performance art.

Personally, I like it.

Truly we all become that which we most hate. Now if you'll excuse me I need to model a Corsair to piss on and then display at an expo hosted by the Museum of Fine Arts. It'll be called, "How Much I Was In For."

Grubby Hobo
Feb 13, 2018

There's something else about bears not many people know. If a bear gets hooked on the taste of crowdfunding, it becomes a man-killer. He'll go on a rampage and has to be destroyed. And that's why you should never hug a bear.

colonelwest posted:

Personally, I like it.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
My interest in seeing Captain Marvel is pretty low. I think it's good the actress is stirring a seemingly unknown pot she probably had no idea existed.

It's always weird how many people run out of the woodworks and shake their stick around when a woman suggests women get more involved in an area or something. It's like theres people who's lives depend on ensuring women don't amount to anything or get involved in stuff because some unknown or weird reason.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/humanevil51/status/1104658496103108608
https://twitter.com/humanevil51/status/1104853654866141184

LostMy2010Accnt
Dec 13, 2018

@humanevil51 seems like a man that knows what's up. Sure, there is years of academic work showing capitalism will exploit people's political beliefs (Nike's Support the Troops and Kaepernick apparel) for the single purpose of profit. Yet this guy doesn't fall for that trap. He knows they're actually political entities looking to subvert your beliefs through a series of B rated action movies with no end in site. @humanevil is the hero we need, not the one we want.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 11, 2019

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

LostMy2010Accnt posted:

@humanevil51 seems like a man that knows what's up. Sure, there is years of academic work showing capitalism will exploit people's political beliefs (Nike's Support the Troops and Kaepernick apparel) for the single purpose of profit. Yet this guy doesn't fall for that trap. He knows they're actually political entities looking to subvert your beliefs through a series of B rated action movies with no end in site. @humanevil is the hero we need, not the one we want.

I have been mainlining Captain Marvel review from youtube dudes with names that include stuff like "redpill" and it has made my day. They are so loving angry at a goddamn superhero popcorn flick. Ahahahah.

The best thing is that they are desperate to boycott the movie but -of loving course- they had their asses in the cinema on opening day.

Also, apparently, they seem to think that professional movie critics matter in 2019. Like, for an opening weekend? what the gently caress?

trucutru fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 11, 2019

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
There's a whole network of aggrieved white failsons who egg each other on to do terrible things and somehow "defend Star Citizen at all costs" is pretty far down that list

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Chalky sumbitches.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

trucutru posted:

All those unwarranted attacks to white males. As a privileged non-white "male" I cannot really understand what they must be enduring but my heart goes to them, the poor things.

Also, goddamn, Brie is not in the Black Panther movie, she's is in the not-Shazam Captain Marvel one.

Dude they are talking about the Black Panthers, the scary black people with guns, not Black Panther, the scary black man with panther powers. They are literally that daft.

I think lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Decrepus posted:

Dude they are talking about the Black Panthers, the scary black people with guns, not Black Panther, the scary black man with panther powers. They are literally that daft.

I think lol

I think they think Black Panther the movie was propaganda for The Black Panthers, not even kidding you, :tinfoil: