Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I just finished watching that show. Stroll's old man looks a massive rear end in a top hat with a retard son and Dan = cool and good / Max = gay babby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
you'd think it would take effort to makde redbull look like a shittier team they they already do

but it didnt

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Dubs posted:

you'd think it would take effort to makde redbull look like a shittier team they they already do

but it didnt

I mean.... they run a junior driver program that would make Michael Jackson blush.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Dubs posted:

but it didnt

Haas come out as the big winners for me.
Magnussen comes across as a turbo arsehole... but he's my kind of turbo arsehole. Big John comes across as a deeply flawed human being. Gunter Steiner seems fun.
Ocon comes across as a driving robot which is better than coming across like a loving twat which he used to, Tiny Man (Perez) comes across surprisingly like a paydriver (especially in all the shots they use of him and Slim, or when they juxtaposed him getting into a helicopter with Ocon getting into a Range Rover).
Renault come across as confused and confusing.
Sharl "Big Sharl" "#forzasharlarri" Leklerrr comes across really well too.
Horner comes across like the biggest twat in Formula 1, which is a tough ask but he managed it in the end. He comes across two faced to me, which might just be how I already saw him.
I don't know. I feel like the documentary didn't change my view on Max (when he matures, he's going to be a great driver but I don't think he's going to mature when his team refuses to pin anything on him) or Horny (two faced turbo prick) or Red Bull as a whole (a team rapidly losing it's grasp on relevance desperately grasping at straws to avoid being the next McLaren or Williams).

My top three drivers are now:
Daniel "Colgate Bogan" "Are Dan" "Big Ricky Danny" Ricciardo
Charles "Big Sharl" "#keepfightingjules" Lerclerc
Kevin "suck my balls honey" Magnussen

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Mar 10, 2019

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Haas and Magnussen are a match made in heaven

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Red Bull is ... losing relevance? Did I miss something here or are you just some angry Australian fucker upset that they prioritized Vettel But Good over Good Ol' Boy Danny Bogan Ricc?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiNR3kTq_pc

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Wirth1000 posted:

Red Bull is ... losing relevance? Did I miss something here or are you just some angry Australian fucker upset that they prioritized Vettel But Good over Good Ol' Boy Danny Bogan Ricc?

Do you legitimately see a path for Red Bull to win a WDC or a WCC?
If hell freezes over and Honda can actually meet Red Bull's size demand then sure, okay. But right now it's a two horse race with Red Bull a very distant third. I don't realistically see Honda providing a championship calibre power unit over the next couple of years and I don't realistically see the regulations changing in the next 5 to the point where Red Bull are going to get to a point where their lack of control over their power unit is going to be superseded by their traditionally stronger chassis.

In that sense, they are losing relevance; they're not a genuine part of the championship picture by the mid-season break.
Renault are attempting to gain relevance, but they're going at it in a deeply flawed way by shutting their eyes super tight and believing they can beat Ferrari or Mercedes while spending 2/3rds as much.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Hong Kong ePrix is starting soon, and it poured during qualifying so the race should be good and chaotic. Also Vandoorne earned pole!?

Edit: And Red Flag because of too much bumper cars. Boo.

Edit two: Another absurd finish after a mostly calm race after the restart; this time with Sam Bird trying to get past Lotterer for most of the second half; ends up puncturing Lotterer’s tear tire with the car nose on the second to last lap and takes the checkered flag, but I bet he gets a penalty for it and drops way back.

Also Vandoorne had a mechanical problem and dropped from 4th to DNF.

Nybble fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Mar 10, 2019

BaggySteve
Dec 4, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Why watch f1 if the top 2 teams simply win because they have more money? I've never watched the sport but i already know mercedes or ferrari wins 2019

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

BaggySteve posted:

Why watch f1 if the top 2 teams simply win because they have more money? I've never watched the sport but i already know mercedes or ferrari wins 2019
Mostly because of how salty everyone gets. It’s worth the price of admission.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

BaggySteve posted:

What you miss here is they have more money BECAUSE they are good.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Schlesische posted:

Do you legitimately see a path for Red Bull to win a WDC or a WCC?
If hell freezes over and Honda can actually meet Red Bull's size demand then sure, okay. But right now it's a two horse race with Red Bull a very distant third. I don't realistically see Honda providing a championship calibre power unit over the next couple of years and I don't realistically see the regulations changing in the next 5 to the point where Red Bull are going to get to a point where their lack of control over their power unit is going to be superseded by their traditionally stronger chassis.

In that sense, they are losing relevance; they're not a genuine part of the championship picture by the mid-season break.
Renault are attempting to gain relevance, but they're going at it in a deeply flawed way by shutting their eyes super tight and believing they can beat Ferrari or Mercedes while spending 2/3rds as much.
I feel like you missed the 2nd half of 2018?
They weren't a distant 3rd and Verstappen's extreme race-pace and willingness to fight put him clear ahead of both Ferrari drivers in the second half.
Lewis in a functioning Merc isn't going to be challenged over a season but both top teams have to adapt to Verstappen as a wild card.

Lewis will retire if RBR give him a competitive car.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

BaggySteve posted:

You’re right I’m not going to watch F1 anymore, only the NFL.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

BaggySteve posted:

It's to lol at fraud drivers and teams, like Williams.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I think my favourite Max behind-the-scenes type story is how even when he's pissing about in iRacing with his mates he still manages to annoy them with insane driving. He's probably not a prick in real life exactly, but I'm certain he has no idea why everyone is so mad at him because of his racing all the time.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Carlos Sr. seemed nice, they should have done a contrast segment on Jos about what it's like to literally be Himmler

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Vando posted:

I think my favourite Max behind-the-scenes type story is how even when he's pissing about in iRacing with his mates he still manages to annoy them with insane driving. He's probably not a prick in real life exactly, but I'm certain he has no idea why everyone is so mad at him because of his racing all the time.
iRacing nerds are massive pissants and the clips that went around were wildly out of context.
Also, it's a video game. If you don't ram people for fun and profit when someone is being a pissy little nerd boy then you're the pissy little nerd boy.

Also Max now holds a whole slew of iRacing records.

Max owns.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Khablam posted:

iRacing nerds are massive pissants and the clips that went around were wildly out of context.
Also, it's a video game. If you don't ram people for fun and profit when someone is being a pissy little nerd boy then you're the pissy little nerd boy.

Also Max now holds a whole slew of iRacing records.

Max owns.

I'm talking about when he was racing with Lando not when some random dipshit got pissed off and cried, calm down

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Carlos Sr. seemed nice, they should have done a contrast segment on Jos about what it's like to literally be Himmler

Carlos Sr. and Jr. own so loving hard

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Vando posted:

I'm talking about when he was racing with Lando not when some random dipshit got pissed off and cried, calm down

he needs to get back on his ladder so he can actually see his monitor

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

OhsH posted:

he needs to get back on his ladder so he can actually see his monitor

nice

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Actually, which F1 driver is most likely to be a pedophile?

Gary Brabham. He is one.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9gbbuUjYR8

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

BaggySteve posted:

You're thinking about this wrong. You watch it *because* it's bad

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

"Let's get out of this goddamn hellhole" is a pretty good summation of Ricciardos predicted 2019 season with Renault

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Danny Ric arrives in Australia

https://twitter.com/SBSNews/status/1104162379703689222

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

hahahah

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I watched that Netflix show, and gently caress them for making me remember who Gasly is.

Also, Their Dan is going to put Renault on the podium this year.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Frond posted:

Gary Brabham. He is one.

Well, he was born in London, but is evidently an Australian, so he's basically British. So no surprise there.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Funzo posted:

I watched that Netflix show, and gently caress them for making me remember who Gasly is.

Also, Their Dan is going to put Renault on the podium this year.

I'm trying to figure out what you mean by this.... you realize Red Bull thought Dan was actually staying and Gasly was their emergency "oh gently caress dan actually left who the gently caress do we put in the team now" move. They didn't kick Dan out to put Gasly the Douche in.

On the other hand if you're talking about how you forgot about Gasly entirely then do you even watch Formula 1? Like, come on.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I watched the first episode and it’s not really compelling viewing. I’ll save it for a rainy day

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

How does one forget Pierre Ghastly? He is named after a Pokemon.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I forgot Gasly was getting the Red Bull seat.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Funzo posted:

I forgot Gasly was getting the Red Bull seat.

OH!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Ok!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I also like that the Australian knows exactly what to do in this situation, which is to yell "gently caress OFF!" I assume that all disputes in Australia are settled like that.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Aren't kangaroo claws super sharp too? Like if the 'roo actually kicked him he could have been disemboweled pretty easily?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I forgot Kvyat is coming back to Toro Rosso.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
THE SIBERIAAAAAN TORPEDOOOOO