Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

let's just admire the aliens sentry scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS2PtmM9mwU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

VikingSkull posted:

I think the CRT stuff in the original movies still works because of course that's what a space bulldozer would have

seriously, get in a bulldozer or big truck today and it's still all analog gauges and levers, so space CRT's make a certain kind of sense even if we have smart phones

it actually enhances the vibe because of the industrial look

Way behind here so I have a lot of catching up to do.

Yeah that was my whole point They have the CRTs and industrial buttons and the like in the original movies, so the new movies, which are prequels so before the originals, shouldn't have advanced tech. They should have the old stuff as well.

It's not a big deal of course but I liked the old look of everything and if the prequels take place before the older movies then.... you know.... they should have older tech.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 10, 2019

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Sjs00 posted:

The newer books had a planet with both Red and Black xenos that we're killing each other endlessly like territorial ants and some Marines landed in the middle of it and one dude was playing the sax to the Carnage until their shield generator got overwhelmed and they all got slaughtered.
Another one had a scene where some corporate Weyland Yutani gently caress somehow swapped a squad of Marines ammo mags with blanks and they hot dropped into an infested spaceship with blank rounds and you can guess how it went

E the saxophone survived though

Just to be pedantic, the red drones were a genetic mutation that was normally killed as it appeared but the loss of the high queen threw the primary hive into confusion and some survived to create a competing hive. Of course this still makes no sense as they would have been outnumbered millions to one. Also they were only red so the reader could tell them apart.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
The sound design in Isolation is so, so good, and really drives home the point that a good sound palette is integral to a quality game. I love how it's driven into you very early on that making noise is an incredibly bad idea, and then you have to go and turn on a bunch of generators with noisy buttons and levers and ominous ambient generator startup sounds - one of the most stressful parts of the game for me was having to boot up the computer in the medical complex before the android comes out and stalks around the room. That big pitched-down generator hum made me panic haaaard. Oh yeah, and when you have to do basically the same thing with those huge power couplings in the alien nest, that was probably the scariest part of the game.

There's lots of talk of the comics in the past few pages but (maybe I missed it) I didn't see anyone post about Aliens: Platinum Edition, a fantastic compilation. I still remember buying a copy at a comic book store after a friend's Aliens-themed birthday party in grade school, I wish I still had that hard copy lying around (actually gently caress it, I'm buying a copy on eBay right now). It had such awesome narration and art, at least one really humourous story told entirely sans dialogue, a very cool piece on the life cycle of an alien hive complete with baby queens fighting to the death, and one about the derelict spacecraft 'pilots' before Ridley Scott hosed that backstory up.

Plus it's got one of the most hilarious panels I've ever seen, of a guy being attacked by a facehugger mid-sentence. I can't find a capture of it but I'll snap one when I get my copy.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Linux Pirate posted:

same kind of vid, but this one has the countdown interface.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO9x0y5lqD0

Goddamn the design work for these movies is fantastic.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Julius CSAR posted:

Goddamn the design work for these movies is fantastic.

It really is. The sound design for Alien and Aliens is pretty good too. I love that the countdown introduces a new sirens and klaxons for each level of overide, and how the voice has a reverb on it for the "five minutes" part to drive home the importance of it. Or how at the last five seconds the sirens stop so the final remaining moments of anyone unlucky enough to still be on board is peaceful. The attention to detail is amazing.

And those door sounds from Aliens, so satisfying.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Lord Ludikrous posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqzYjWLqgNA

This is so bad it wraps around to being good.
I'm going to be listening to this on repeat in work tomorrow.

e: https://youtu.be/OgXd6Npj4ZY oh wait there's more

Splicer fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 10, 2019

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sjs00 posted:

The newer books had a planet with both Red and Black xenos that we're killing each other endlessly like territorial ants and some Marines landed in the middle of it and one dude was playing the sax to the Carnage until their shield generator got overwhelmed and they all got slaughtered.
Another one had a scene where some corporate Weyland Yutani gently caress somehow swapped a squad of Marines ammo mags with blanks and they hot dropped into an infested spaceship with blank rounds and you can guess how it went

E the saxophone survived though

Aliens: Genocide

I haven't read the comic in a billion years but I recently re-read the book and it has some cool sideplots like people refining alien goop into super steroids and at the very end when the survivors are tying to escape but their ship is covered in aliens one of the space jockeys lands and plays a sound and wipes them all out. Also, a bunch of marines test the limits of the acid-proof armor.

One of my favorite books is Aliens: Berserker, which centers on a team of convicts-turned-exterminators. Basically these guys make up for their crimes by destroying Alien hives, using one of their team members as bait and a brain in a jar driving a giant unstoppable murder machine robot. It's good.

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
Since we're on Aliens comics now I have endorse Aliens: Havoc
A salvage crew has to survive a luxury liner full of xenos, kind of standard story, but every page is drawn by a different artist. We get to see how Duncan Fegredo, Arthur Adams, Peter Bagge, Sergio Aragones, Moebius, Mike Allred and Tony Millionaire draw xenos and that industrial spacecraft style, amoung others.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Millions of Crows posted:

A salvage crew has to survive a luxury liner full of xenos, kind of standard story, but every page is drawn by a different artist. We get to see how Duncan Fegredo, Arthur Adams, Peter Bagge, Sergio Aragones, Moebius, Mike Allred and Tony Millionaire draw xenos and that industrial spacecraft style, amoung others.

Goddamn, I've got to see the Aragones, Mike Allred and Tony Millionaire versions.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Young Freud posted:

Goddamn, I've got to see the Aragones, Mike Allred and Tony Millionaire versions.

Seconding this and I need to see Bagge's take as well!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Am I mis-remembering but both sides are actually black in color, and the only difference was by pheromone.
And the humans watching it color coded one side red on the displays they were watching it on.

Am I right or did I make this up?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Oh gently caress yeah I remember this one too. Definitely had a hard copy... As a huge fan of MAD magazine this was a delight.

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 11, 2019

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Tony Millionaire's Alien? Holy poo poo

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

happyhippy posted:

Am I mis-remembering but both sides are actually black in color, and the only difference was by pheromone.
And the humans watching it color coded one side red on the displays they were watching it on.

Am I right or did I make this up?

504 posted:

Just to be pedantic, the red drones were a genetic mutation that was normally killed as it appeared but the loss of the high queen threw the primary hive into confusion and some survived to create a competing hive. Of course this still makes no sense as they would have been outnumbered millions to one. Also they were only red so the reader could tell them apart.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Aha, thanks, didn't see your post.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I know we're talking (mostly) about Aliens here, but there's been some other chat about 80's action movies in general, so I'm gonna talk about why "The Hunt For Red October" is one my favorite movies.

In the pantheon of submarine movies (a surprisingly stout genre) you basically have two types, WW2 Sub movies, and Cold War sub movies. WW2 sub movies have some absolute classics in there, "Run Silent, Run Deep" and "The Enemy Below" come to mind. Cold War sub movies, is a bit of a different story. Most are not very good, "Ice Station Zebra" and "Phantom" at the top of the bottom.

Probably the best Cold War sub movie, "Hunt For Red October" was originally thought to be a movie that no one would care about, due to the enemy of the film, the USSR having dissolved during production of the film. So they added a small note at the beginning of the movie saying it takes place in 1984, problem solved. Ultimately it didn't matter since they created a taut, tense thriller that is really the best at showing what subs in the Cold War did. Trailing each other in long, silent, nuclear propelled cruises through the deep Atlantic ocean. There are plenty of shots of subs simply following each around, and much of the action on board the American sub, the USS Dallas, takes place in the sonar station, helping to drive home the blind man's bluff type of game they played. Contrary to most sub movies, when they show the sonar system in this movie, it's "waterfall" displays, visual representations of the sound of the ocean, just like on a real boat.

Seriously, that shot may as well have come from a documentary.

It was directed by John McTiernan, who had just done "Die Hard" and "Predator" before that, probably good movies to have under your belt, as all three movies deal with people being chased in claustrophobic environments. There's so many cool things about this movie. At the beginning, while not having an actual Typhoon class submarine to work with, they welded together two barges and built a full-sized, waterline up Typhoon hull on top them. Resulting in a long opening shot that shows the sheer size of the stuff we're dealing with. Later on, Ryan enters a drydock in which there is an actual American attack submarine, and it's shot from below and the front, once again showing off the massive size of these machines.

I mentioned earlier that the USSR had dissolved during filming, which in a few ways wound up working to it's advantage. It probably allowed audiences an easier time rooting for Soviet protagonists. It also made the film much more realistic, visually, as many of the seaman on the Red October are young men who had fled the Soviet Union and were living in the Brighton Beach area of Brooklyn. There's a shot near the end of a guy with a full set of steel dentures, which are almost certainly the real deal, as they were a common fix in the USSR.

Of course one can't forget the cast, Alec Baldwin was great. Sean Connery and James Earl Jones, exceptional as always. There's some other great performances in an ensemble cast though, Courtney B. Vance as Jonesey, the sonar guy. Sam Neil as the XO on the Russian sub, and Scott Glenn as the commander of the Dallas. Interesting note there, as Scott Glenn was allowed to spend a couple of days on the USS Salt Lake City, an actual LA class attack sub, wearing a uniform and acting as the ship's captain, with the real captain whispering the orders to Glenn.

quote:

Glenn was so impressed with the Commander, he basically played that man in the film. Always giving orders in a calm quiet voice, even in tense situations.
That must have been great fun! Another great side character is Stellan Skaarsgard as Cpt Tupelov of the VK Konovalov, and Alfa class Russian attack sub. Like, just this moment right here, I mean omg...

There are also actual US Navy crewmen in the film, and not just in the background either. There's a part near the end, on a the US rescue sub, the Mystic. And there is a very goony looking dude driving it, with big coke bottle glasses and it's like "Who the hell cast, THIS guy?" Well... that would be Lt. Cmdr. George H. Billy (great loving name), the actual, no poo poo commander of the DSRV Mystic IRL.

The filming took place in the Pacific, even though the USS Dallas was an Atlantic Fleet boat. At least two crewmembers from the actual USS Dallas took leave and traveled to San Diego to be extras in the movie about their boat. Many other American seamen in San Diego were also used as extras, as they didn't need to trained on how to act as Navy men, they already were.

There's many actual US Navy ships in the film. The ship that Alec Baldwin is helicoptered to is the USS Louisville. Also on hand was the USS Houston, which performed the famous "Emergency Blow" scene at the end of the film.

The ship practiced the EB around 40 times before the final take, filming taking a week or two, which the sub's crew called "The Hunt For Red Ops" :kimchi:
Another ship used was the USS Reuben James, a Perry class frigate, though the exteriors were actually the USS Wadsworth (another Perry class frigate). This is interesting as the Reuben James played a significant role in another Tom Clancy book, "Red Storm Rising"

As a way to keep the audience informed of what ship they were viewing, even though they mostly looked the same, they used different lighting and coloring in each sub. The Dallas was grey and blue, while the Red October used a sinister Black and Silver. Also, having been made in a time before CGI, some of the sets and models were truly incredible.

The music.... oh, the music! Done by Basil Poledouris, who did "Red Dawn", "Starship Troopers", and oh yeah, "Conan The Barbarian" Seriously, the music in this movie kicks loving rear end

So there ya go! A good rundown of one of my favorite movies!

Oh yeah, and this movie has Tim Curry too!

Julius CSAR fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Mar 11, 2019

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

[/quote]

If you snickering because of the name, you haven't seen the actual character yet.

He's like if Lobo or Cable wandered in from a superhero book into an Aliens comic.
[/quote]

Where are all the pouches?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
The best thing about McTiernan is after how making some of the best action movies of all time, he blew up his career and went to jail for trying to wiretap one of the producers of his terrible Rollerball remake

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

skasion posted:

The best thing about McTiernan is after how making some of the best action movies of all time, he blew up his career and went to jail for trying to wiretap one of the producers of his terrible Rollerball remake

I knew he went to jail... I did not know he directed the Rollerball remake lol

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Julius CSAR posted:

I knew he went to jail... I did not know he directed the Rollerball remake lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Dfi-b-qns

Sound effects approved by McTiernan

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Just played a round of SS13 Colonial Marines that felt like the authentic Aliens experience. For the uninitiated (and note that this game is strictly for broke-brains like me), CM on a good day is a 150 marines and support staff answering a terrestrial distress call from a colony that has been, unbeknownst to them, overrun by about 40 xenomorphs with strong respawn potential (via abducting and facehugging marines, colonists, and lab monkeys). All marines and xenos are played by actual humans in low level roleplay.

Anyway. I got picked as a squad smartgunner for the squad assigned to scout the creepy caves covered in gross biomaterial. We get in, find a weird egg, squad leader pokes it and gets facehugged. Then xenos start pouring out of every direction, pouncing, grabbing, and dragging away helpless victims to an overwhelming din of gunfire that slowly fades as more and more guys get picked off. I'm one of the last to get grabbed, and chose to go out by priming a grenade and dropping it at my feet.

If that all sounds cool to you, remember this is all in 90s flash game level graphics. But still. Was cooler than any other Aliens video game experience I've had outside of Isolation and AVP 2.

Another round I joined late and got assigned to sit at a barricade in the forward operating base with another hapless marine and a squad engineer. We're shooting the poo poo for nearly an hour at our posts inside a barricaded research lab, no xenos to be seen while the other squads are locked in a very exciting guerrilla war all the way across the map.

The whole time there's this cigarette machine just outside of the barricade that's chirping obnoxious sales slogans every 10 seconds. I mention that I'm about ready to shoot it to shut it up when the engineer offers to go out and clip the power. He trundles out and almost immediately gets grabbed by a xeno that must have been waiting there for ages. Nothing we could do but I laughed so hard I nearly cried.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Riatsala posted:

Just played a round of SS13 Colonial Marines that felt like the authentic Aliens experience. For the uninitiated (and note that this game is strictly for broke-brains like me), CM on a good day is a 150 marines and support staff answering a terrestrial distress call from a colony that has been, unbeknownst to them, overrun by about 40 xenomorphs with strong respawn potential (via abducting and facehugging marines, colonists, and lab monkeys). All marines and xenos are played by actual humans in low level roleplay.

Anyway. I got picked as a squad smartgunner for the squad assigned to scout the creepy caves covered in gross biomaterial. We get in, find a weird egg, squad leader pokes it and gets facehugged. Then xenos start pouring out of every direction, pouncing, grabbing, and dragging away helpless victims to an overwhelming din of gunfire that slowly fades as more and more guys get picked off. I'm one of the last to get grabbed, and chose to go out by priming a grenade and dropping it at my feet.

If that all sounds cool to you, remember this is all in 90s flash game level graphics. But still. Was cooler than any other Aliens video game experience I've had outside of Isolation and AVP 2.

lmao the game has exciting computer janitor jobs.

https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Marines

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Julius CSAR posted:

I know we're talking (mostly) about Aliens here, but there's been some other chat about 80's action movies in general, so I'm gonna talk about why "The Hunt For Red October" is one my favorite movies.

Of course one can't forget the cast, Alec Baldwin was great. Sean Connery and James Earl Jones, exceptional as always. There's some other great performances in an ensemble cast though, Courtney B. Vance as Jonesey, the sonar guy. Sam Neil as the XO on the Russian sub, and Scott Glenn as the commander of the Dallas. Interesting note there, as Scott Glenn was allowed to spend a couple of days on the USS Salt Lake City, an actual LA class attack sub, wearing a uniform and acting as the ship's captain, with the real captain whispering the orders to Glenn.

That must have been great fun! Another great side character is Stellan Skaarsgard as Cpt Tupelov of the VK Konovalov, and Alfa class Russian attack sub. Like, just this moment right here, I mean omg...

There are also actual US Navy crewmen in the film, and not just in the background either. There's a part near the end, on a the US rescue sub, the Mystic. And there is a very goony looking dude driving it, with big coke bottle glasses and it's like "Who the hell cast, THIS guy?" Well... that would be Lt. Cmdr. George H. Billy (great loving name), the actual, no poo poo commander of the DSRV Mystic IRL.

The filming took place in the Pacific, even though the USS Dallas was an Atlantic Fleet boat. At least two crewmembers from the actual USS Dallas took leave and traveled to San Diego to be extras in the movie about their boat. Many other American seamen in San Diego were also used as extras, as they didn't need to trained on how to act as Navy men, they already were.

Oh yeah, and this movie has Tim Curry too!

I'm also fond of the performance of the late Richard Jordan who portrayed National Security Adviser Jeffrey Pelt ("Andrei... you've lost another submarine?") He's probably most recognized as Logan's friend-turned-enemy Francis in Logan's Run. Sadly, he died only three years after the Hunt for Red October was made.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I love The Hunt for the Red October, but this thread is for one of the best movies ever made. Aliens. And also Alien universe poo poo.

I can't say that I wouldn't post in a thread about submarines though.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Wizchine posted:

I'm also fond of the performance of the late Richard Jordan who portrayed National Security Adviser Jeffrey Pelt ("Andrei... you've lost another submarine?") He's probably most recognized as Logan's friend-turned-enemy Francis in Logan's Run. Sadly, he died only three years after the Hunt for Red October was made.

"Your aircraft have dropped enough sonabuoys that a man could walk from Greenland to Iceland to Scotland without getting his feet wet!"

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I love The Hunt for the Red October, but this thread is for one of the best movies ever made. Aliens. And also Alien universe poo poo.

I can't say that I wouldn't post in a thread about submarines though.

Fair enough

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
If someone ever makes a sequel to The Thing, a submarine would be a great setting for it.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Lord Ludikrous posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqzYjWLqgNA

This is so bad it wraps around to being good.

This so bad but so amazing at the same time.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Jst0rm posted:

and at the end when the alien is getting blasted by rocket jets it was like "oh a man in a suit." But the swinging from chains scene is the best any alien has ever looked.

I always thought that the swinging from chains scene would be cool for someone who didn't know what the alien looks like. It just looks like a piece of weird machinery hanging from the ceiling. Then when it comes down from the ceiling a minute later it would be a nice surprise.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Wizchine posted:

Also Duncan Idaho in Lynch’s Dune, for a hot minute before he gets killed off.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Queering Wheel posted:

I always thought that the swinging from chains scene would be cool for someone who didn't know what the alien looks like. It just looks like a piece of weird machinery hanging from the ceiling. Then when it comes down from the ceiling a minute later it would be a nice surprise.

That's one thing that's great in both the movies and the games. Steel chains and black rubber hoses hanging around start to get you a little freaked out. You don't know if one of those objects is going to move or not. Yikes.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Mister Speaker posted:

Oh gently caress yeah I remember this one too. Definitely had a hard copy... As a huge fan of MAD magazine this was a delight.

Lmao holy poo poo, I was a huge fan of Mad and Aragones was always one of my favourite artists.

I might have to get this made into a poster haha.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Riatsala posted:

Another round I joined late and got assigned to sit at a barricade in the forward operating base with another hapless marine and a squad engineer. We're shooting the poo poo for nearly an hour at our posts inside a barricaded research lab, no xenos to be seen while the other squads are locked in a very exciting guerrilla war all the way across the map.

The whole time there's this cigarette machine just outside of the barricade that's chirping obnoxious sales slogans every 10 seconds. I mention that I'm about ready to shoot it to shut it up when the engineer offers to go out and clip the power. He trundles out and almost immediately gets grabbed by a xeno that must have been waiting there for ages. Nothing we could do but I laughed so hard I nearly cried.

Oh c'mon man, you can't just open rabbit holes in front of people.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Oh c'mon man, you can't just open rabbit holes in front of people.

I can't speak for the Aliens version, but SS13 is super unique and cool if you can stomach the awful visuals, lag, and controls not fit for human use. There's nothing else like it.

On Goonstation sometimes you get someone playing the role of the alien from The Thing and it owns. 8/10 would get devoured by a horrible space monster inside of a vent again.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

etalian posted:

lmao the game has exciting computer janitor jobs.

https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Marines

I like this page better.

https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/User:Troika

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Young Freud posted:

It's Aliens: Colonial Marines, which is a loving trip of a book just for doing things differently: the whole series is predicated on the notion of this cult of transhumanists who worship the xenomorph as such a perfect organism that they are in the midst of transforming themselves into xenos by constant exposure to the Royal Jelly drug (the Carmex gel you mentioned). There's also a stay on a waterworld with fish-Xenomorphs, the introduction of mercenary "alien hunter" and total '90s generic comic badass Herk Mondo, Vasquez's hermanita who has developed a xenomorph-phobia, and a synthetic who has been built to fight xenomorphs head-on (with acid-proof skin and super strength).

YES! This was it!

I scoured the internet and managed to find an archive of a bunch of Aliens comics. This is what I was thinking of:

Agrikk fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Mar 11, 2019

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Those are sounds of old large relays. When I was in the navy, the ship I was on had an older torpedo setting panel that sent parameters to the torpedo in the tube. When you sent settings in the TSP would start clicking and clacking really loud like you hear in the movie. Its pretty awesome.

Voted Best post of March 2019

Click. Clack.

:350:

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Those guns must be a real thing now.

"B gun's dry. 20 on A."

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Just looking at the covers I picture Herk Mondo as a character who exists as fiction in the Aliens universe. Like Hudson has a few issues in his foot locker and likes to read about Herk's wild adventures bedding aucturians and fighting UPP SPETZNAZ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

There used to be an Alien experience thing at an arcade in London back around 2010 where you were dropped in with some people playing as Marines, who get ambushed by Aliens, etc. Naturally it was poo poo your pants terrifying.

A mate of mine took his girlfriend there, they had only been going out for a short time. She apparently screamed the whole time and they broke up afterwards lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-aBs7TB000