Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Alternative proposal: firebomb The Villages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/s...ingawful.com%2F

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

"My current views that I am outspoken about daily do not in any way contradict those past statements" is not the defense I would have advised

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Anyone who disagrees can come on and explain why? I don't think there's enough time in the universe Tuck.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
He also didn't air an interview he did where he got so mad he swore at his guest so lol to that statement. Hopefully he loses the rest of his ads and he's done for.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Hot Karl Marx posted:

He also didn't air an interview he did where he got so mad he swore at his guest so lol to that statement. Hopefully he loses the rest of his ads and he's done for.

That won't matter, he's got the single highest watched program on Fox News. He might lose some commercials, but there are plenty of weird right wing dick pill, home remortgage, and coffee companies that will keep buying ad time.

How long has it been since Jon Stewart went on Crossfire and said they were hurting America? How much have people learned since then?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I was just gonna mention that one. He's already editing / filtering his content to a high degree.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...ingawful.com%2F

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

The viewership will support him to own the libs, you know it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

He lies over the smallest, most inconsequential poo poo and the idiotic base trusts him with the bigger stuff. They deserve whatever stupid bullshit he does but it's a real shame for the rest of us

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Why would you claim that? Is he really that much of a narcissist?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

BigDave posted:

Donald Trump is a goulash of toxic masculinity, brain worms, bad parenting, being raised rich, and general idiocy.

These things are constantly in conflict and it's incredibly difficult, if not impossible, to figure out which terrible thing is fronting at any given time.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Steisand Effect

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Cugel the Clever posted:

I was a major Bernie backer in 2015, but I really want him to be running this time only to shift the conversation further to the left and to maybe be handed the VP slot. I hope that's his thinking, but even if it is he has to at least appear to be seriously competing.

Of course, the damage done to the economy by the GOP in the last few years will catch up with us right around 2021 and the ill-informed and inattentive voting public will blame the Democrat who gets stuck footing the bill.

I really do worry about this. Anyone else remember how the stupid GOP fucks and Fox News blamed Obama for the Great Recession, conveniently forgetting it started under Bush's watch? Say what you want about Obama, and I've criticized him a lot for his ties to Wall Street and the fact that he didn't put a single one of those fucks in jail, but he basically saved us from an economic armageddon, and turned what could have been another Great Depression into the Great Recession.

But we're overdue for another bubble to burst. Whether it's credit card loans, student loans, car loans, or something else, we're due for another recession. And we've been cutting taxes on the rich in the meantime, which obviously doesn't help the economy at all, and racks up the deficit. So we're already doing massive amounts of deficit spending, but that spending isn't helping the economy at all.

The Fed recognizes that we have to up the interest rate because they're actual professionals and know we're due for another recession sooner or later, and Trump criticizes them like the Orange Buffoon he is, because "WE'RE DOING GREAT THIS ECONOMY IS NEVER GONNA SLOW DOWN." Lowering the interest rate is one of the only tools that the Fed has to fight a recession, so the higher we move the rate now, the more we can lower it during a recession, which helps the economy.

Trump received well deserved criticism for taking credit for the economy as it was gaining jobs in 2018, a huge no-no for most presidents. The reason why you shouldn't take too much direct credit is because if you take credit when the economy is going great, you're gonna take the blame for the economy crashing when the recession comes. I have no doubt in my mind that Fox News and the rest of the GOP will not blame Trump in any way whatsoever, and instead blame "obstructionist" Democrats, Obama, or some other insanely stupid poo poo when the next bubble bursts.

gently caress me, these people are garbage.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 11, 2019

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
:foxnews: "AOC wore high heels today, that's why the cannery closed down and meemaw lost her house."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Bored As gently caress posted:

gently caress me, these people are garbage.

This really is the heart of the matter.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

This is just such a weird thing to lie about.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

BigDave posted:

I can't think of anyone that has ever existed that fits the definition of narcissist better.

Can anyone else?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Reign Of Pain posted:

I can't think of anyone that has ever existed that fits the definition of narcissist better.

Can anyone else?

Commodus.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Reign Of Pain posted:

Can anyone else?

he checks all the boxes I can think of for a "wicked" man based on my baptist sunday school

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

DownByTheWooter posted:

he checks all the boxes I can think of for a "wicked" man based on my baptist sunday school

Guess what that sunday school is saying about him now?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K-L9uhsBLM

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Late to the party but...

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1104852510064476160

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Donald President

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I actually 100% believe that Trump thinks "Tim/Apple" is a normal way to refer to people.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Tim Apple

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

Milo and POTUS posted:

Donald President

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

hobbesmaster posted:

I actually 100% believe that Trump thinks "Tim/Apple" is a normal way to refer to people.

He does now, at least. A thing happened that was uncomfortable for his ego, so a quick Etch-a-sketch of the head and some rewriting of reality later and the problem is solved if he believes that. So he believes that.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

God I hate shitlibs :cripes:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
WOW that one is going in to the Donald Getting Owned file with all those SNL clips!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

so uh hot take here

Maybe we're paying attention to this dumb slip of the tongue in an obama_tan_suit.jpg way? This is business as usual, I'm not fazed by the standard idiocy.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If he just said "Tim Apple" it would be a tan suit event.

However he's squawking about it like the insane narcissist that he is, which is what makes it extra Trumpy.

This is the tan suit, but then Obama went on televsion to say it wasn't tan.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

EBB posted:

so uh hot take here

Maybe we're paying attention to this dumb slip of the tongue in an obama_tan_suit.jpg way? This is business as usual, I'm not fazed by the standard idiocy.

Pretty sure we'd be laughing at Obama if he came out and said "I didn't wear a tan suit"

Or if he said in response to the "57 states" thing that he actually said 50 states all along and anything else was fake news.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yeah, but he made a phux-paw at a rich man. Like if I have a Bajillion dollars and the leader of the free world cant say my name then maybe... Just maybe... I should stop giving him money.x

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

hobbesmaster posted:

Pretty sure we'd be laughing at Obama if he came out and said "I didn't wear a tan suit"

Worse actually.

Obama wears a tan suit, is videotaped.

Declares to donors that he never wore a tan suit, it was the fake news.

Then days later, he declares that yes, tan suits are stupid, he only wore a tan suit because it was the closest to the exit door from his residence.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Oh I'll concede that for sure, it definitely turned into something else when he tweeted about it.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
It's been around awhile, but

MEDIA: The president poo poo himself during an address in the Rose garden today

PRESS SEC: The president did not poo poo himself

TRUMP: I poo poo myself ON PURPOSE

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Don't believe the lies of the senators.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It would be like Obama wearing the tan suit while saying that he's never worn a tan suit and declaring that anyone who claimed they saw a tan suit was a lizard person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

It would be like Obama wearing the tan suit while saying that he's never worn a tan suit and declaring that anyone who claimed they saw a tan suit was a lizard person an enemy of the people.