Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I forgot to bring my switch to work so I can’t play Dead Cells during lunch today :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I forgot to bring my switch to work so I can’t play Dead Cells during lunch today :negative:

:negative::negative::negative::negative:

Switch on my work commute justified the expense after one week. Playing Dark Souls in work as well :worship:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kilometers Davis posted:

VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action is an amazing title lmao. I didn’t even know this game existed. I’m buying the heck out of it when it drops because the art/concept is ridiculous.

You’re gonna love the child sex robot that embodies the developer’s fetishes whose model number is a 4chan meme about sexy kids

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Did the game name the character after the meme or vice versa?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

a7m2 posted:

Will it be released in English?

No word on that yet, unfortunately

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Did the game name the character after the meme or vice versa?

The former. Also named after the 12-year-old in Lolita.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Nintendo please make this into a video game

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

HPanda posted:

Were you on a plane with any really old people? Because if everyone was young and healthy, that's less of an accomplishment.

Also, how could you be sure there were no bodies being transported in the cargo hold? Funeral transports are pretty common.

Either way, hats off to the pilot for not ruining your run.

Good thing he wasn't on a 737-8MAX

overdesigned fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Mar 11, 2019

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gripweed posted:

Nintendo please make this into a video game

Inkborne when???

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I took another swing through MK8 this weekend, and it's just as fun as always even if I'm rusty as heck.

HOWEVER, I noticed this and it's weird. Nearly every race I queued into had two racers in it with nearly identical (or complementary, rhyming, etc) names, identical Miis, and 50k points. About half the time both were using tilt. One of them almost always won the race.

Why in the world would anybody bother botting Mario Kart? There's nothing to farm beyond the unlock at 5k coins, and even that goes pretty quickly just playing the game. The multiplayer points don't mean anything, it still just queues you in with the same 1k-4k people. It's weird.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nintendo is botting it, going you'll see their performance and think "Maybe I should use tilt controls too". They've given in for the most part on motion controls and let people use buttons, but they want you to regret it.

Mario Kart 8 is definitely going to be VR compatible won't it? It already does 2 player split screen handheld at the full 60fps and 720p. Of every title on the system it's got to be the most optimal.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Inkborne when???

I mean we got Mario Dark Souls:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

lol

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
drat those sentries in Hollow Knight. I get damage race boss fights but not in a game with no meaningful way of maximizing your damage output except face tanking the fight and hoping for the best. My best run so far was with fragile strength but that's broken so it's on to plan B - look for the last pale ore I need to upgrade my nail and hope that's enough to push me over the top.

I'm at that unenviable place where the only poo poo I have left to do is kill the annoying bosses I've been putting off forever.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Deified Data posted:

drat those sentries in Hollow Knight. I get damage race boss fights but not in a game with no meaningful way of maximizing your damage output except face tanking the fight and hoping for the best. My best run so far was with fragile strength but that's broken so it's on to plan B - look for the last pale ore I need to upgrade my nail and hope that's enough to push me over the top.

I'm at that unenviable place where the only poo poo I have left to do is kill the annoying bosses I've been putting off forever.

I feel your pain.

Annoying boss fights are why I stopped playing HK.

I used to live for challenging boss fights. I've been stalled at Ornstein and Smough in Dark Souls for five weeks, despite conquering them countless times in the past.

I want to finish both games, but I no longer have any fun throwing myself at boss fights. Being a busy gamer is the pits. :(

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Wildtortilla posted:

I feel your pain.

Annoying boss fights are why I stopped playing HK.

I used to live for challenging boss fights. I've been stalled at Ornstein and Smough in Dark Souls for five weeks, despite conquering them countless times in the past.

I want to finish both games, but I no longer have any fun throwing myself at boss fights. Being a busy gamer is the pits. :(

In Dark souls you can just summon to trivialize the fight

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I can't think of any boss fights in HK I'd consider as "damage races". I'm also not sure what you mean by "sentries" though, that doesn't describe any boss I can remember.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
The thing that took me longest to pick up in Hollow Knight is mixing up charms/playstyle, I wanted to try and brute-force every boss to the way I preferred to play but some basically demand different builds

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

I can't think of any boss fights in HK I'd consider as "damage races". I'm also not sure what you mean by "sentries" though, that doesn't describe any boss I can remember.

Probably the Watcher Knights

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Deified Data posted:

The charms that increase your range, Long Nail and the other one, helped me with a lot of tough fights. There's still going to be some BS, but you'll be able to get your hits in from a somewhat safer distance and dodge. Are you using your spells effectively?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Andrast posted:

Probably the Watcher Knights

Oh if so yeah that's def one of the tougher fights in the game. Still once you start to recognize which attacks are coming out they aren't really that hard to avoid.

Then you just pick one of them and focus on whittling it down first.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

It's also the only boss I can think of with a built-in secret to make the fight easier

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Andrast posted:

In Dark souls you can just summon to trivialize the fight

I could summon Solaire, yet he hasn't been of much use in the times I did. I've spent lots of time waiting for summon signs to appear but I play at dumb times (mornings) and there usually are no signs.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

It's been a while since I've done this fight, what does dropping the chandelier do?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Heath posted:

It's been a while since I've done this fight, what does dropping the chandelier do?

Removes one of the six Watchers from the fight

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Many problems in HK are solved by realizing that your spells are really loving powerful.

Also desolate dive/descending dark has a ton of iframes which makes it even better

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fallom posted:

The former. Also named after the 12-year-old in Lolita.

Er, isn't the 12 year old in Lolita named Lolita?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
No, her name is Dolores Haze.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm pretty sure if that were true the book would be called Dolores. Stop trying to gaslight us.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Lolita is a good book. It's about how a diseased mind will twist itself into seeing and believing whatever it needs in order to give itself permission to do whatever it has decided it's going to do anyway.

Most of the actual text is the narrator gushing over how the young girls are flirting and tempting him, and it's NO WONDER he fell into their traps. Dolores is barely a character in the book because she's barely a person in his mind, but if you read her actual actions and not just the narrator's interpretation of them, it's clear how scared and vulnerable she is—and it's scary how easily his brain flips that into her playing coy and hard to get.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Huxley posted:

Lolita is a good book. It's about how a diseased mind will twist itself into seeing and believing whatever it needs in order to give itself permission to do whatever it has decided it's going to do anyway.

Most of the actual text is the narrator gushing over how the young girls are flirting and tempting him, and it's NO WONDER he fell into their traps. Dolores is barely a character in the book because she's barely a person in his mind, but if you read her actual actions and not just the narrator's interpretation of them, it's clear how scared and vulnerable she is—and it's scary how easily his brain flips that into her playing coy and hard to get.

Lolita was about America.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I wish there was a mode in Mario Kart 8 where you could just walk or fly around the levels, they are AMAZING.

That'd be nice. It's a shame you can't drive off road or backwards without being Lakitu'd.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Ahaha this would have saved a couple of my runs. Doing this ASAP.

I think my issue with the fight is I mistook it for a damage race like Four Kings in Dark Souls when in reality it's just a perpetual dual boss fight (with a breather at the beginning) that no amount of damage can reduce to a one-on-one until the end. I still think upgrading my nail would be a good idea before I bang my head against it some more. Unless they're barring like the last pale ore in the game or something. Is the 3-ore upgrade the last?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Deified Data posted:

I think my issue with the fight is I mistook it for a damage race like Four Kings in Dark Souls when in reality it's just a perpetual dual boss fight (with a breather at the beginning) that no amount of damage can reduce to a one-on-one until the end. I still think upgrading my nail would be a good idea before I bang my head against it some more. Unless they're barring like the last pale ore in the game or something. Is the 3-ore upgrade the last?

it is

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I would play this

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Deified Data posted:

Fight got a lot easier for me when I did a spellcasting build (shaman stone/soul catcher + longnail + quick focus), slowed down and just peppered them with whatever the horizontal magic shot is called. Helps a lot if you have that one upgraded

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Watcher Knight, even with the chandelier trick, was probably the hardest boss fight in that game

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Watcher Knights suck, I always end up putting them off until the end of my run, once I've picked up Quick Slash and have the nail maxed.

While not a "damage race" per se, the two independently moving bosses end up creating un-dodgeable combinations when they traverse the screen, so it's easier to blitz them down as quickly as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Astro7x posted:

Watcher Knight, even with the chandelier trick, was probably the hardest boss fight in that game

Yea it definitely was in my opinion.