Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I mean I always binge watch them once they are complete anyways so works for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

hoobajoo posted:

For real? What entitled babies.

Why am I not suprirsed. These were the same assholes were like THIS ISN'T DMC2. PLAY DMC2 PAT AND WOOLIE.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Those people were fooling themselves because DMC2 is one of the most boring video games ever made.

All the amount of videos did was make me unsub since I wasn't really watching his videos anyway.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I want them to play dmc2 for the same reason I want them to play re6.

Because I tried myself, it's boring as gently caress, and I wanna see someone else do it for me

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I wish Woolie would just upload these in couple hour chunks if was going to do this, because people flooding my sub box is probably the number one thing that gets me to unsub from them.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Love the game. Good game. but Nicos accent is all over the fuckin place. Plus she rushes all her dialogue in that weird way old dubs used to be.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

I wish Woolie would just upload these in couple hour chunks if was going to do this, because people flooding my sub box is probably the number one thing that gets me to unsub from them.

what in the world is wrong with you people. the most toxic and entitled fans in the world itt. pat woolie and matt must do EXACTLY WHAT I LIKE and NOTHING ELSE or they're loving DEAD to me.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Holy poo poo, that's a sizeable amount of episodes now that I got to finally access Youtube...

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Your Parents posted:

what in the world is wrong with you people. the most toxic and entitled fans in the world itt. pat woolie and matt must do EXACTLY WHAT I LIKE and NOTHING ELSE or they're loving DEAD to me.

Or maybe people just don't want their youtube feeds being flooded by twenty videos at once (plus the DMC5 videos Pat uploaded from his stream today also)?

It's not being toxic and entitled if you're, y'know, unsubbing to get them out of the way so that you can see other people's videos.

End boss Of SGaG*
Aug 9, 2000
I REPORT EVERY POST I READ!

Your Parents posted:

are you the guy that hits enter after every 3 words in a chat

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Roth posted:

Those people were fooling themselves because DMC2 is one of the most boring video games ever made.

All the amount of videos did was make me unsub since I wasn't really watching his videos anyway.

So do you just watch Matt and Liam?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Anyway I don't mind having things pop into my sub box so this was a happy surprise today.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I have no idea why someone would care about a channel "flooding" their youtube feed.

I guess you have to scroll a bit more for the few hours that the videos are still new.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

MonsterEnvy posted:

So do you just watch Matt and Liam?

I usually only watch their videos when it's a game I'm interested in, and Woolie hadn't been doing anything I care about since Katamari ended.

Well, I am interested in DMC5, but I want to play that for myself first. Maybe if he does another Naruto game :v:

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Having only a cursory familiarity with Devil May Cry (I only played 3), watching woolie play as V has made me really want to get this game. Guess I know where my tax return is gonna go!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Andrast posted:

I have no idea why someone would care about a channel "flooding" their youtube feed.

I guess you have to scroll a bit more for the few hours that the videos are still new.

Despite how much of a trashfire of a website youtube is, the sub box is a precious and delicate thing that you're not supposed to interfere with. People maintain and trim them delicately as if they're bonsai trees. Consistently uploading multiple videos like this is like just growing a forest on someone's desk, it's very rude. What do they think this is, Netflix?

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
I'm disappointed there's no Woolie/Pat Sekiro on the way, especially because I'm not into DMC (which I know will also dominate the podcast for the next two weeks, at least).

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

HoboTech posted:

I'm disappointed there's no Woolie/Pat Sekiro on the way, especially because I'm not into DMC (which I know will also dominate the podcast for the next two weeks, at least).

Yeah it sucks because I'm definitely not watching Pat solo play anything

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Andrast posted:

I can see if a channel did this every day *coughDSPcough* it would be really obnoxious and may well get me to unsubscribe. But as a one-time thing, especially considering Woolie was in a weird spot with the dislike army, I don't see what the big deal is.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.
Yeah I definitely hate getting a lot of good content at once from a youtuber that i subscribe to, its such a pain.

Just kidding that’s nuts.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

This is just the first step in Woolie's tranformation into DSP.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I only watched a bit of the DMC1 LP before this, but the absolute glee they’re feeling during DMC5 is infectious.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Lol you people are out of your loving mind itt “MY SUB BOX IS FLOODED WITH CONTENT. how could I ever deal with it!”

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It was more like the realization that I wasn't keeping up anyway, so I might as well unsub.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
At least it was on a Sunday when there's barely any other updates going on. "Worst" part was I binged it, highlights included them making fun of Mihn's "humor" and Crazy Talk causing Pat to lose a bet.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

HoboTech posted:

It's a shame but it should still be fun to see them go through it. (After I go through it.)

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Roth posted:

It was more like the realization that I wasn't keeping up anyway, so I might as well unsub.

Having the same issue. No interest in any current LPs/streams they're doing and don't see anything in the foreseeable future that'd bring me back in, either. I'm glad they have time to focus on the stuff they all really care about, but if you're not into their specific niches, then there's nothing left for you (in my opinion).

Andrast posted:

Yeah it sucks because I'm definitely not watching Pat solo play anything

Ditto. Just can't do it. Evening listening to him on the podcast has gotten worse. Every time Woolie makes a semi-reasonable point and Pat just smugly goes, "Woolie..." and then proceeds to 'correct' him is making me stop the podcast every time it happens. Refusing to admit a game could get better over time, even though he plays loving WARFRAME and FFXIV was some willful ignorance poo poo. I still haven't gotten through the most recent episode, partly because of that. Is it just me?

I think nostalgia keeps me coming back. Don't know how long that can hold up. Don't want to poo poo on anyone else's parade, but man , having some real trouble staying into something I've been watching/listening to for years.

Still wish them the best, though.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

No podcast today?

Edit: Checked the message thread its tomorrow I see.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 11, 2019

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

I feel like I'm the only person in the thread that still quite likes Pat and Woolie's content, generally, and it's Matt's mediocre video essays that I've gotten off of. Not that I watch every stream or LP, but I didn't do that in the SBFP days either.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i like basically everything woolie is a part of, everything else is hit or miss and not consistent enough for me to say i like or hate it

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

hoobajoo posted:

I feel like I'm the only person in the thread that still quite likes Pat and Woolie's content, generally, and it's Matt's mediocre video essays that I've gotten off of. Not that I watch every stream or LP, but I didn't do that in the SBFP days either.

I’m with you. Pat and Woolie have good chemistry and I think Matt was holding them back, in a way. Matt’s cool and all though he’s just kinda boring to me.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Matt needs someone to play off or share energy with. I tried watching the Travis Strikes again videos and it’s a boring without a co-commentator.

Like my favourite Matt moments are when he’s energetic and playing off someone. Also making dumb voices or referencing simpsons or Star Trek.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

hoobajoo posted:

I like Pat and Woolie's stuff when they do it together and stuff where Woolie has some other crew along. Just not their solo content.

Pat might have some ok content in his streams but if there is, I'm certainly not going to find it among the hours upon hours of boring solo streams.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I really do think the podcast is better than ever.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I genuinely have no idea what made you stick with Pat/Woolie for years if DMC and FGC talk is poison to you.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

HoboTech posted:

Refusing to admit a game could get better over time, even though he plays loving WARFRAME and FFXIV was some willful ignorance poo poo. I still haven't gotten through the most recent episode, partly because of that. Is it just me?

These two are very expensive miracle cases that not only most of the world wrote off originally, but each took about three years to crawl out of the shell that people disregarded originally.

Pat's right.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Emalde posted:

These two are very expensive miracle cases that not only most of the world wrote off originally, but each took about three years to crawl out of the shell that people disregarded originally.

Pat's right.

I think Pat also has a good point that it's a lot easier to fix your game later and be successful if the game was free, since people don't feel ripped off.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

HoboTech posted:

Refusing to admit a game could get better over time, even though he plays loving WARFRAME and FFXIV was some willful ignorance poo poo.

I don't play ffxiv myself but every time I've had a basic interest in it the advice from people I know who play it is "just rush through ARR and the first expansion because they're poo poo", so not sure I'd count that one yet :v:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Nalesh posted:

I don't play ffxiv myself but every time I've had a basic interest in it the advice from people I know who play it is "just rush through ARR and the first expansion because they're poo poo", so not sure I'd count that one yet :v:

people are overly dramatic, that content is fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

So other games have done it, it just took a long time, so... it's impossible to do?

Yeah, never mind. This hill isn't even worth getting a paper cut on. I'm not going to argue anything in defense of Anthem, so just lol.