Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Well, ensuring that you have appropriate consent before you engage in sexual intercourse is important, so the final solution would entail a reliable method for determining the correct amount of time to wait before gently caress.

Dude you need to work on your av/post/username combos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
How do you discipline-kill an entire legion? You'd need at least... two other legions to do that

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I think legionaries favoring the general that didn't want to murder them all is probably why there were so many revolts

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That was the Praetorian Guard. You weren't allowed to have legions anywhere near Rome except for the legions that belonged to Rome itself. It varies a lot over the course of Roman history as that's pretty long but that's who you're thinking of; they guarded Rome, the Emperor, and the Senate and were hugely influential because of that. Generally speaking they were tasked with keeping the government and/or social elites safe. Needless to say that meant you wanted to be on their good side as they had a tendency to get...involved...in politics. Given that murdering politicians was basically the Roman national sport you can imagine what that sometimes entailed.

This is not an image macro, nor a meme but I am just loving Rome.

So much better than Game of Thrones. Shame it got only two seasons.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Skratchez posted:

This is not an image macro, nor a meme but I am just loving Rome.

So much better than Game of Thrones. Shame it got only two seasons.

This seems to play on that misconception that just because a people existed long ago, they’re somehow less intelligent than us. The people way back then we’re likely just intelligent as we are now. It’s hard for us to accept that, because they didn’t have like computers and such back then. Also, this BC stuff is in the fossil records.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Who even uses BC anymore?

BCE is where it's at.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
B.C stands for Butt Crisis

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
Before Chris Evans?

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Blind Rasputin posted:

This seems to play on that misconception that just because a people existed long ago, they’re somehow less intelligent than us. The people way back then we’re likely just intelligent as we are now. It’s hard for us to accept that, because they didn’t have like computers and such back then. Also, this BC stuff is in the fossil records.

I am confused. It's a joke.

And yes it's BCE (before common era) now but :wtc:

People weren't stupider back then. They even knew that lead was toxic, and we put it in gasoline.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

His post was a joke as well, in the age of anti-vaxxers and flat earthers I don't think there's anyone who seriously believes we're more intelligent than our predecessors

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Uuuuuuug the caveman was a real dummy, actually

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Did y'all ever meet an etruscan? Dumb as rocks all of them.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

What an absolute fucker

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

The Bloop posted:

Uuuuuuug the caveman was a real dummy, actually

When was the last time you invented the wheel?

Game, set, match

ty Johnny Hart

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

They weren’t any more or less smart than us, and celebrated very similar memes:

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Blind Rasputin posted:

They weren’t any more or less smart than us, and celebrated very similar memes:

To have forgotten so many of these cultures was such a Loss to humanity.

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Just Offscreen posted:

To have forgotten so many of these cultures was such a Loss to humanity.

Look what you have begun

Look at it

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I mean it's better than the Flintstones but the timing here is still a little off

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah by that time God hadn't poured his first espresso yet, let alone turned on the light.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

So I keep seeing them elder scrolls memes in here. Does that game start in the afterlife or something? Cause all the things look like the lead to death then it's what looks to be an intro screen fro a video game. I

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Hellblazer187 posted:

So I keep seeing them elder scrolls memes in here. Does that game start in the afterlife or something? Cause all the things look like the lead to death then it's what looks to be an intro screen fro a video game. I

You're on a prisoner transport, waking up after a nasty thump on the head, after being swept up in an action against some anti-Imperial rebels. Whether you were there because of an unfortunate coincidence or not is ambiguous, so you can make your own backstory.

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Hellblazer187 posted:

So I keep seeing them elder scrolls memes in here. Does that game start in the afterlife or something? Cause all the things look like the lead to death then it's what looks to be an intro screen fro a video game. I-

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
There are quite a few of them.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos

The intro screens broke the surprise

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

"You're on the wrong side of history, Todd Howard!"

:hmmyes:

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Hellblazer187 posted:

The joke is that the game has been released and rereleased and remastered like six times in the last eight years, being foisted over and over again upon a gaming public that would prefer the devs work on The Elder Scrolls VI. So the meme is about the game being foisted upon you when you're vulnerable or unexpecting.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1105174960019046402

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/_violentflower/status/1104766945642143745?s=09

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Fuckin right

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
We had many wondrous things in the future... Anime, videogames... and so on

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FIrst I'll need some carpet and dry, cold weather.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

zoux posted:

FIrst I'll need some carpet and dry, cold weather.

Isn't this a cadence that R Lee Ermy sung?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

When life gives you lemons, make electromagnets

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I have a bachelor’s degree and biology, and think of how many people I could save from the plague by telling them how they could do... something... with, err, some kind of mold.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dr Christmas posted:

I have a bachelor’s degree and biology, and think of how many people I could save from the plague by telling them how they could do... something... with, err, some kind of mold.

After the plague you could tell them to kill all clergy and gentry. That would be useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

First you take some copper wire and then a magnet...

what do you mean 'what's a magnet?'