Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I don't see how this game exists and there's still not a complete (and good) Link to the Past hack. I mean, we all know Calatia is never gonna happen.

Excuse me but I'll have you know that Parallel Worlds is a flawless masterpiece.
:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Honestly I forget what happens here because this whole place blurs together after a while.

And also because it's been a while since I've been at my computer but we're finally back with updates!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I haven't watched the video yet but I want to be the first person to post that it looks like that Big Octo has a very jaunty blue moustache.

Also nice new av, as a corgi owner it always weirds me out to see one with a tail.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Yeah my avatar and a bunch of others in the old Team Frog Nugget discord had their avatars changed to corgis by someone to help donate some money to lowtax since he's in crippling medical debt thanks to the American healthcare system. The gesture is appreciated but I think this thread could do better.

:siren: If people want to make some dumb avatars with title text related to this LP I'll buy whichever one I like the best. :siren: Maybe also buy some of the runner-ups as avatars for my co-commentating friends should they want one.

No time limit on this right now, gifs are allowed. Nimpize might not mean anything, but that doesn't mean i can't pad lowtax's spine with a little bit of money.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

FPzero posted:

Yeah my avatar and a bunch of others in the old Team Frog Nugget discord had their avatars changed to corgis by someone to help donate some money to lowtax since he's in crippling medical debt thanks to the American healthcare system. The gesture is appreciated but I think this thread could do better.

:siren: If people want to make some dumb avatars with title text related to this LP I'll buy whichever one I like the best. :siren: Maybe also buy some of the runner-ups as avatars for my co-commentating friends should they want one.

No time limit on this right now, gifs are allowed. Nimpize might not mean anything, but that doesn't mean i can't pad lowtax's spine with a little bit of money.

Th-this is my hole! It was made for me!

But avatar-sized.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

I forgot how good some of the episodes from the Water Temple were, holy poo poo.

I think this is also the stream where I get mentioned the most.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I can't believe that Big Octo is loving erased from reality and its soul sent screaming into the endless darkness.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Cerebral Bore posted:

I can't believe that Big Octo is loving erased from reality and its soul sent screaming into the endless darkness.

I can, that Big Octo was a jerk.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

C-Euro posted:

Th-this is my hole! It was made for me!

But avatar-sized.

maybe it can also be a gang tag?

because the pit is pure and good and everything that is right with nimpize

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The slow discovery behind this puzzle was kinda funny to be honest.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

I had actually forgotten about that puzzle, it's really good.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I really like that box puzzle. It could've been much worse.
With three pressure switches down there that all need to be hit in the right order and actions taken before and in between, requiring you to first save all the boxes on the rusty switch platform.

But instead we got this neat puzzle that has a clearly defined failure state and requires some thinking instead of simple busywork.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Hey, now I can finally share this little gif I threw together on the stream:

It was a really memorable puzzle, if a touch janky.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

^^^^ It's wonderful!

Time for an intermission!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I can't believe you cut that episode before the end of the spider saga.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Geemer posted:

I can't believe you cut that episode before the end of the spider saga.

You have to remember, the Spider Saga deserves its own episode. It is a very special spider, after all.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

ZeButler posted:

You have to remember, the Spider Saga deserves its own episode. It is a very special spider, after all.

Now I'm kinda expecting FP to skip that bit until the very end of the LP.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

Geemer posted:

Now I'm kinda expecting FP to skip that bit until the very end of the LP.

The way Geop glossed over something in his old Dark Souls LP until after it was done?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

You all have no faith in me.

Fighting myself and a statue for little profit.

Enjoy this alternate thumbnail.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Nice.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Nice

I knew about pressing B while swimming :smug:

...because a gossip stone in ocarina rando told me

After finding out that the invisible Stalfos is just an unused enemy, I looked at tcrf and it turns out the fakeout door in the market is also an unused actor. In retrospect that makes sense, but I wanted to believe it was something the hacker made themselves.

I vaguely remember there's an invisible chest you missed in the skull pile? I think it might be a quiver upgrade or something, it might just be 20 rupees though

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Nice.

FPzero posted:

Enjoy this alternate thumbnail.

:swoon:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I think I knew about it as a kid because you could do the same thing in Link to the Past to swim faster and I just tried it out in Ocarina because why not?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Nice.

So you had, what, 4 different ideas for thumbnails that episode? You didn't go with either the Skulltula count nor Dark Link shenanigans in the end. :v:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Sure, just hide things out of player's normal range of sight, that's a good puzzle.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

What on earth did you tag this video with?

It's only this video too, the rest of them have what I'd expect out of my related videos.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

It's...tagged the same as all my other Nimpize videos. For a second I thought maybe I'd forgot to tag it but no they're there as expected. But you're right, it does it for me too. That is just bizarre...

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

FPzero posted:

It's...tagged the same as all my other Nimpize videos. For a second I thought maybe I'd forgot to tag it but no they're there as expected. But you're right, it does it for me too. That is just bizarre...

So much like the word itself there is now no meaning to the Nimpize video tags?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Every once in a while, YouTube will decide that you've watched too much of one channel or too many similar videos in a row, and then only recommend you the worst, random drek

Just hit not interested on every video when it does that and it happens far less often

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Kurieg posted:

What on earth did you tag this video with?

It's only this video too, the rest of them have what I'd expect out of my related videos.
Oh good, it wasn't just me. Those were some odd recommendations. I guess Google's algorithm just shat the bed or something.

The Door Frame posted:

Every once in a while, YouTube will decide that you've watched too much of one channel or too many similar videos in a row, and then only recommend you the worst, random drek

Just hit not interested on every video when it does that and it happens far less often
This definitely seems more like an issue with this specific video, because I got the exact same recs for that specific video. And if FP is getting them too, well two is a coincidence, but three is a pattern.

Commander Keene fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Mar 17, 2019

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

My experience makes four, then, because I distinctly remember that kid with the eyesore-blue skin and bat-shaped pigtails (bat-tails?) in the sidebar when I watched on my tablet

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Five. I got those exact same recommendations as well.

Only on this video though.

Also: That puzzle was stupid, but fitting with Nimpize logic.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

In the end, through all the bullshit and trouble this hack gives us, it's moments like these that make it all worth it.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

That chest makes it all worth it.

On a more serious note: How is Morpha even the boss of the water temple?
Even when I was a wee babychild I never had trouble with the fight because you just stand in the corner where it literally can not hit you in any way. Dark Link is a much more formidable opponent, even if you know how to use the hammer on him.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

That geyser room was hosed up, what is this, a gaizo hack :v:

I can't believe FP forgot the crucial lore from episode 11 where the capitalist clams were created by the scientist that later created Morpha

Geemer posted:

That chest makes it all worth it.

It's so good :allears:

quote:

On a more serious note: How is Morpha even the boss of the water temple?
Even when I was a wee babychild I never had trouble with the fight because you just stand in the corner where it literally can not hit you in any way. Dark Link is a much more formidable opponent, even if you know how to use the hammer on him.

The bigger question to me is why the hacker added ice physics and no other changes. Blocking off the corners would make it so Morpha can actually hit you. Does Morpha take up a lot of memory space and the engine wouldn't be able to handle 4 more actors in the room?

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I've been waiting for a chest like that all LP. So happy with this episode.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
lol that chest

Dare I say that the end is in sight? Shadow will be whatever but we've already done the majority of Spirit so that should be a quick one to polish off. Then lol at thinking about what Ganon's Castle will look like in this hack :shepface:

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
I’m guessing that it’ll be a remix of all the fun puzzles we’ve endured so far. Like navigating a room on fire with ice physics at the same time. And invisible spiders dropping from the ceiling.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
While Crypt House's weird 15 second loop plays forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

FIVE darknuts