Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

s.i.r.e. posted:

Did he just completely gently caress off the forums though? Seems like he just stopped altogether.

He posted a response to throne of blood in his Japanese cinema thread recently. He has literally never seen any version or adaptation of hamlet

DeimosRising fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
How many posts can we have about a white noise poster

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

DeimosRising posted:

He posted a response to throne of blood in his Japanese cinema thread recently. He has literally never seen or any vision or adaptation of hamlet

Everyones seen the Lion King though.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
From another thread:

Gatalenta was a warm, uncommonly tranquil planet famed for its tea, lengthy, erudite poetry and meditative retreats. Natives of Gatalenta were renowned for their calmness and serenity, and rose each day to thank the planet's multiple suns for rising. Love and compassion were taught and practiced fondly by the people of Gatalenta, and crying openly was considered a virtue and proof of a caring heart.[1] The Gatalentan people were also known for living austerely, with the only colorful parts of their attire being traditional red cloaks. They were ruled by the Council of Mothers. Slavery was illegal on the planet, and slaves were not allowed to be brought to the planet. If a slave was brought there, and their master was caught, the slave was set free.[2] A member of the New Republic, Gatalenta was represented in the Galactic Senate for over twenty years by Senator Tai-Lin Garr. New Republic pilot Joph Seastriker also came from Gatalenta,[1] as did Resistance Vice Admiral[3] Amilyn Holdo.[2] In the years before the Galactic Civil War, Gatalenta had a strong Jedi tradition, and the old Jedi legends remained alive on Gatalenta in spite of the Jedi Purge. In fact, Gatalenta became one of Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker's first destinations when he began studying the history of the Jedi Order.[1]

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

MrFlibble posted:

Everyones seen the Lion King though.

People always say this but I've never really seen the connection myself. There's more to Hamlet than a fratricide and a ghost dad.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

From another thread:

Gatalenta was a warm, uncommonly tranquil planet famed for its tea, lengthy, erudite poetry and meditative retreats. Natives of Gatalenta were renowned for their calmness and serenity, and rose each day to thank the planet's multiple suns for rising. Love and compassion were taught and practiced fondly by the people of Gatalenta, and crying openly was considered a virtue and proof of a caring heart.[1] The Gatalentan people were also known for living austerely, with the only colorful parts of their attire being traditional red cloaks. They were ruled by the Council of Mothers. Slavery was illegal on the planet, and slaves were not allowed to be brought to the planet. If a slave was brought there, and their master was caught, the slave was set free.[2] A member of the New Republic, Gatalenta was represented in the Galactic Senate for over twenty years by Senator Tai-Lin Garr. New Republic pilot Joph Seastriker also came from Gatalenta,[1] as did Resistance Vice Admiral[3] Amilyn Holdo.[2] In the years before the Galactic Civil War, Gatalenta had a strong Jedi tradition, and the old Jedi legends remained alive on Gatalenta in spite of the Jedi Purge. In fact, Gatalenta became one of Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker's first destinations when he began studying the history of the Jedi Order.[1]

https://twitter.com/dril/status/158042815128023040

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
"Amilyn" is a very white trash sounding name and makes sense for a middle aged woman who still dyes her hair anime colours

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

DeimosRising posted:

He posted a response to throne of blood in his Japanese cinema thread recently. He has literally never seen any version or adaptation of hamlet

Throne of Blood is Macbeth. The Bad Sleep Well is Hamlet. Ran is King Lear.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

From another thread:

Planet SJW...

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
planet Eat Pray Love

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Captain Jesus posted:

He even toxxed himself to never post in this thread again with the exception of making one post about episode IX when it comes out.

He only toxxed to not post in the main Star Wars thread, so I guess he could still post here. Anyway, he's made a couple posts in the Doctor Who thread, so he's not gone from the forums altogether.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Hotalenta: come for the BBQ, stay for the tears.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DeimosRising posted:

Who hasn't seen Last Action Hero?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

Who hasn't seen Last Action Hero?
*starts furiously re-reading plot summary on wikipedia*

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Martman posted:

There's a scene where the kid's in English class and starts daydreaming about how much better all this boring Shakespeare would be if it involved Arnold blowing poo poo up

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Seyser Koze posted:

There's a scene where the kid's in English class and starts daydreaming about how much better all this boring Shakespeare would be if it involved Arnold blowing poo poo up

Next Starwars movie will involve a scene with broom boy daydreaming he's Luke Skywalker saving everyone from the ATATs by blowing poo poo up. Just to give some of the fans what they thought they wanted.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

quote:

Express reports of a newly leaked scene description in which Kylo Ren wanders through a jungle planet – perhaps the same one that last month’s set pics revealed. It’s said that the son of Solo cuts through a blast door with his lightsaber to what appears to be a vault. According to this rumor, Kylo then holds up a square object that projects the image of none other than Emperor Palpatine, who shows the young Supreme Leader “blueprints or plans that could be a new weapon.”

This is so dumb that I believe it. Knowing his history I wouldn't put it past JJ to end the trilogy with a cliffhanger about the possible return of Palpatine and yet another Death Star or something.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

You're not thinking stupid enough. Ken will find the death star IV plans, and 2 scenes later it will have been built. It will also be haunted by palpatine's ghost

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dr.Radical posted:

Throne of Blood is Macbeth. The Bad Sleep Well is Hamlet. Ran is King Lear.

Yeah I was out of it, he reviewed bad sleep well

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Martman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNcN5f3vwro

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Brother Entropy posted:

unfortunately it's kind of the natural way to set things up if you have 'gotta go back to basic good rebels vs evil empire stuff' and 'gotta have the original guys back' as very important marketable bullet points on the whiteboard from day one

This is an old post, but it seems like they could've ticket both boxes but simply gone with a smaller-stakes conflict. Does the First Order have to be a threat on a galactic scale? The entire sequel trilogy could be about the fight for a forsaken corner of the galaxy, and it could be plenty engaging as long as we're invested in the central characters.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I wish the Death Star would just stay dead already.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

MarcusSA posted:

I wish the Death Star would just stay dead already.

but here's the thing

what if it works this time

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

To be fair the old EU had to get the superweapons out of its system as well. But at this point I have less respect for the disney squad than I do for random 90s hack sci fi authors, so I wouldn’t rule out many death stars to come

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/201...-this-fall.html

the game of thrones bros first movie is set in the old republic time period apparently to "capitalize on game of thrones"(???)

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Knights Who Say gently caress Of The Old Republic

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
The first two force users were a light side brother and a dark side sister. And they gently caress.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Jerkface posted:

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/201...-this-fall.html

the game of thrones bros first movie is set in the old republic time period apparently to "capitalize on game of thrones"(???)

Oh hell yeah, let's make this poo poo canon again:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Captain Splendid posted:

Oh hell yeah, let's make this poo poo canon again:

Every time I look at this image, I have to know how they got away with it. It's a composite of a bunch of different shots, characters and creatures from Lord of the Rings, published in an official Star Wars book. There's a mumakil firing a laser (?), Gimli with his axe on the left-hand side of the image, a lightsaber photoshopped into the hands of a Gondor soldier just behind him, the two sets of spears in the foreground are taken straight out of Return of the King (they line up exactly), there's Gamling firing his bow (and holding a lightsaber) and literally every dude in a helmet is a Gondor soldier with a Gondor shield with the tree iconography photoshopped out.

Milkfred E. Moore fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Mar 20, 2019

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

There's a mumakil firing a laser (?)

I'm the badly superimposed dinosaur head.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

I think, to be fair, there probably should be dinosaurs in the Stars War, no matter how hastily they're put in

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

J_RBG posted:

I think, to be fair, there probably should be dinosaurs in the Stars War, no matter how hastily they're put in

And that is why Desann and Jedi Outcast are the best character and game in Star Wars history

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Mooey Cow posted:

I'm the badly superimposed dinosaur head.

I'm Gamling the Old firing a Bow and Arrow directly upwards instead of at the bad guys.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Episode IX spoilers

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

J_RBG posted:

Episode IX spoilers

*in extremely nasally voice* That looks miles better than whatever JJ Abrams is gonna poo poo out for us!!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

Every time I look at this image, I have to know how they got away with it.

You mean it's not just fanart?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

General Dog posted:

I'm pretty sure it was in a source book at some point, or one of those "Essential Guides".

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

General Dog posted:

It's from "The Essential Guide to Warfare" which was the last big reference book under Legends as well as pretty much the last big thing Legends did at all before it was put to pasture. It's actually a fun romp as it's main purpose is the impossible task of tying nearly 30 years of contradictory books, comics, video games, etc. by different authors and companies into a cohesive single narrative of eponymous Star Wars.

ecureuilmatrix
Mar 30, 2011
That image was "made" by Tommy Lee Edwards, photoshopper supreme, SOMEHOW (!?) official artist and general pox on visual depictions of SW.

Check this and see how many poorly-composited film stills/promo images/other artwork you can spot!
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Images_by_Tommy_Lee_Edwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Is this a Greg land situation?