Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Away all Goats posted:

First you take some copper wire and then a magnet...

what do you mean 'what's a magnet?'

"god I'm hungry, do any taco trucks around here take bitcoin"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Dr Christmas posted:

I have a bachelor’s degree and biology, and think of how many people I could save from the plague by telling them how they could do... something... with, err, some kind of mold.

Please excuse the fact that I read this in Hank Hill's voice

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Away all Goats posted:

First you take some copper wire and then a magnet...

what do you mean 'what's a magnet?'

"Do you have any potaotes and some nails, I know you fuckers got nails maybe a few copper and zinc?"

"Oh that's right, you haven't found potoes yet"

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

probably end up nailed to a cross as a some sort of warlock within the first 10 minutes of speaking whatever alien language modern english would sound like compared to aramaic

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dungeon Ecology posted:

probably end up nailed to a cross as a some sort of warlock within the first 10 minutes of speaking whatever alien language modern english would sound like compared to aramaic

Uhh why wouldn't you just speak Latin? Sure you might need an interpreter but they'd be bound to recognize it?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Hell, just a periodic table and germ theory would be enough (also has a (micro)Biology bachelor's).

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

*teleports to 400BCE and immediately begins hunting for baby hitler*

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Yeah germ theory and figuring out vaccination are the two biggies. Antibiotics would be great but hard to pull off

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

I'm going to be yelling this to myself and giggling uncontrollably all night, gently caress you for this

FIN!

WILL BE LEG!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Chard posted:

At that age I'm not quite sure that's the most dangerous game.

Scaramouche posted:

Yeah germ theory and figuring out vaccination are the two biggies. Antibiotics would be great but hard to pull off

Antibiotics seem way easier than vaccinations. People were slapping moldy bread as folk remedies on wounds long before pasteur gave everybody autism

Milo and POTUS has a new favorite as of 03:26 on Mar 12, 2019

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Y'all should read the hit new manga Dr. Stone!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Scholtz posted:

Y'all should read the hit new manga Dr. Stone!

i'm the barely obscured child tits and rear end posted by a goddamned moderator in the forum literally named after tentacle rape

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

i'm the barely obscured child tits and rear end posted by a goddamned moderator in the forum literally named after tentacle rape

Careful now, don't want to get hogge wilded.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
The only good manga.

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1105300205480620032?s=19

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

two words: househusband yakuza

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos

Our generations greatest contribution to art and literature.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

I used to fantasize about all the incredible insights I could provide dark age humanity but in truth my overeducated rear end couldn't do much until someone invented satellites.

Like... I don't even have a firm grasp of what people knew back then. Did they know boiling your drinking water is a good idea??? I think they knew putting silver in their wells was good, if not why. Christ I'd be useless. I could maybe stand beside the local equivalent of a doctor and stop him from doing things that are obviously stupid or harmful.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
They knew drinking water wasn't trustworthy so they drank beer instead.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Like I know that fifth panel says poo poo. If I concentrate real hard I can see that isn't the actual letters on there, but poo poo my mind tells me, that's the word that's on this page right here no I'm not taking questions.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They knew drinking water wasn't trustworthy so they drank beer instead.

poo poo they were way smarter than we are

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

poo poo they were way smarter than we are
Nah, they put fluoride in the beer so it still had the same mind control properties as modern water. Like how they used to give their kids autism by rubbing dead animals on them but now we use chemical needles.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Riatsala posted:

I used to fantasize about all the incredible insights I could provide dark age humanity but in truth my overeducated rear end couldn't do much until someone invented satellites.

Like... I don't even have a firm grasp of what people knew back then. Did they know boiling your drinking water is a good idea??? I think they knew putting silver in their wells was good, if not why. Christ I'd be useless. I could maybe stand beside the local equivalent of a doctor and stop him from doing things that are obviously stupid or harmful.

Honestly, if you have even a basic grasp of modern first aid (rest, dress, elevate, clean that motherfucker even if it hurts) you'd probably do pretty well as a local medic.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
why even bother helping the people when you could instead be the guy who gets to launch 90 kg stone projectiles over 300 meters?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Somfin posted:

Honestly, if you have even a basic grasp of modern first aid (rest, dress, elevate, clean that motherfucker even if it hurts) you'd probably do pretty well as a local medic.

I'm pretty sure it behooves you to clean before dressing.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Chard posted:

Ah I see Percival Dunwoody posts here

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The moment one of you teleported to 400BC you'd probably be captured and sold into buttsex slavery almost immediately

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
B-but I know about GERMS! They're little creatures living allllll around usssssss-

*gets executed for madness and heresy*

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
lol if y'all haven't already tattooed the time travelers cheat sheet to yourself, just in case.

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

The moment one of you teleported to 400BC you'd probably be captured and sold into buttsex slavery almost immediately

I know this conversation has happened before and will happen again but it never fails to tickle

The idea of most of SA's best posters going anywhere usually results in pizza thrown in despair and hiking strollers abandoned all willy nilly

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Brewmaster posted:

lol if y'all haven't already tattooed the time travelers cheat sheet to yourself, just in case.

Yeah like I'm gonna give someone a reason to take my drat skin off.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Karate Bastard posted:

Yeah like I'm gonna give someone a reason to take my drat skin off.

I dont need a reason

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Don't trust the skull

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Phlegmish posted:

Don't trust the skull

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Somfin posted:

I dunno dude you'd probably kill everyone with super diseases the minute you exhaled

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
antibiotics haven’t been invented yet so antibiotic resistant bacteria don’t matter, checkmate atheists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If people with crazy-sounding ideas had been summarily executed for being crazy in the past, we literally wouldn't have religions.