Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Moral_Hazard posted:

After a week, I don't think I like the new wolf cred system much. The soothing radio lady is nice (if only she played some actual music,) and mostly the missions are fun, but it seems like the randomness of the old alert system was replaced by a time sink. I've played for a few hours and and haven't gotten a single wolf credit yet because I'm still only Tier 1 or 2. The old alerts were random, but depending on the planet, were trivial in their execution. The new system takes time and my middle-aged rear end doesn't have a lot of that.
I'm with you on the time thing. I logged in today to see what the new challenges were and while I was happy to see that they were all doable solo, I only managed to complete one of each and it still took me all loving day. And i'm unemployed / self employed and badly motivated, I have no idea how real people with real jobs and poo poo to get done are able to do half of the list.

I just want to go play on assassins creed origins photo mode taking pictures of cool tombs damnit, stop making me play ninja mans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

BeAuMaN posted:

What about Adarza with Cat's Eye? Having a 60% crit -additively- applied is pretty boss.

I think Smeeta ALSO has a % Crit buff, doesn't it? It's one of the possibilities from Charm, but must less consistent.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Mar 12, 2019

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Thanks to Stash Augustine's generosity (and the runs we did tonight for some Sarin Prime parts) I've got a 2nd Nikana Prime set ready to gift.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Nikana_Prime

Ideally, I would prefer handing this over to a newer player, but as long as you don't have it already, it's cool. This is a PC ONLY offer.

Please quote this post if you are interested. On Wednesday, 7PM EST, I will draw a lucky name from a hat and reveal the lucky winner.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

LornMarkus posted:

Wow, that Mastery 17 quest is some dumb poo poo, eh? Gonna make my fourth attempt Titania (and probably find out her melee doesn't work on the orbs and have to wait another 24 hours).

I did it with nezha, keeping my fire trails up and just focusing on going from one orb to the next letting my fire do most of the killing

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
just fyi to everyone, i restocked again on ignis wraith blueprints from my friend so anyone who doesn't have it feel free to pester DrSingh in discord or in game until you get one. i have a memory like an etch-a-sketch bolted to a jackhammer so don't feel like you're being annoying, hassle me until you get your poo poo. namaste.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Just a heads up, Profit taker does count for vallis bounty voidwave counts

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Thanks to Stash Augustine's generosity (and the runs we did tonight for some Sarin Prime parts) I've got a 2nd Nikana Prime set ready to gift.

Ideally, I would prefer handing this over to a newer player, but as long as you don't have it already, it's cool. This is a PC ONLY offer.

Please quote this post if you are interested. On Wednesday, 7PM EST, I will draw a lucky name from a hat and reveal the lucky winner.

I thirst for Hanzo Steel!

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

McKilligan posted:

I think Smeeta ALSO has a % Crit buff, doesn't it? It's one of the possibilities from Charm, but must less consistent.

Yeah, I don't like Smeeta's Charm with the inconsistency bit. I get that it's something you bring along when you want to double your resources, but it has a 27s cooldown to give you one of a number of buffs (which someone mathed out as an average wait time of 9.5 minutes for a particular buff), versus Cat's Eye which every 20s (when triggered by contact with an enemy) gives a buff to crit for 10s, and furthermore, buffs all friendly within 25m with that flat +60%. While Cat's Eye gives you 200% (Not +200% additive, but sets your crit at 200%, before Blood Rush; Cat's Eye is before Blood Rush too), it's iffy on when you're going to receive it, and while it lasts for 30s, there's a lot more significant downtime (by odds).

I haven't done any hard building around this and I'm not going to pretend I'm any good at this, but let's say you have a memeing strike melee weapon... let's say Paracesis, because hey it's fancy looking and it has good crit and reach and spin-it-to-win-it. which means you're probably doing a lot of spin attacks to up your attack speed to spin more (probably in your spin it to win it combos) and kill more... If you're getting +90% on a spin attack, and you're getting +60% from Adzara, that means you're at 150% before Bloodrush, so when comparing charm's 200% set, you're only getting a 50% advantage. However when you take into account that Paracesis has a 31% base crit chance, that means we're talking about 181% versus 200%, if you have no other crit boosting mods. Adzara becomes, in theory, more reliable for this usage scenario. It's also pretty nifty if as a group you're all going crit weapons and someone brings adzara to buff everyone's crits.

Though Charm gives you crits outside of just that spinning attacks also, but again, it's unreliable, but on other hand it provides a bunch of other benefits that are triggered outside of combat.

All I'm saying is that I didn't get on the spin-it-to-win-it train early on and right now I'm enjoying being the Lawnmower Man (until I get bored and move onto something else). Also that there's other catte options beside Smeeta. I also like Paracesis because of all that capacity so you can be really lazy with builds.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Mar 12, 2019

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Is there a good "Kavat for dummies" beginner guide?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Maiming strike already blenders 99% of the game, so using your pet slot just to make the amount you're overkilling everything by higher seems like a waste when there are utility options to choose from.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm sure that'll be very relevant in the future when they tone down that mod that they've explicitly said they're going to change along with the whole melee rework for a good, long while now

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Is there a good "Kavat for dummies" beginner guide?

1: build the cat incubator upgrade
2; ask for smeeta imprints
3: make smeeta
4-??: pet catte

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

When maiming strike goes away you can sub in one of the many other options that easily handle overkilling everything without the need of your pet slot. I'm not here to argue about it, bring what you find necessary and/or fun, but I'd take any flavor of utility available over more damage on both counts in the vast majority of situations

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

No Mods No Masters posted:

Maiming strike 95% of weapons already blenders 99% of the game, so using your pet slot additional item just to make the amount you're overkilling everything by higher seems like a waste fun opportunity to make larger and redder numbers when while there are also equally valid utility options to choose from.
:shrug:

Yeah I get ya but I get a ton of utility out of stuffing the cat with all the other utility mods anyway. Cattes are already swiss army knives; that I remove one utility that is Charm seems to be nbd really. Only time I pull out Charm cat is when I really want that -maybe- chance to resource double. That's my usage scenario anyway. Charm has a lot of cool stuff but I just don't like the unreliable nature of it.

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm sure that'll be very relevant in the future when they tone down that mod that they've explicitly said they're going to change along with the whole melee rework for a good, long while now

Yeah I'm really curious when we're going to finally get that phase 2 or whatever of the melee rework.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

my experiences with hildryn the big tough warframe
- johnny joestar, age 5

she's pretty fun overall and she feels burly enough to handle things at higher levels. her crowd control with the 4 in general can be a pretty good 'oh poo poo' button to try and swing a losing situation in your favor while making enemies poop out a bunch of energy orbs, which has helped save a few situations i've been in. the idea of having shields be her source of power seems pretty well implemented, and while adaptation isn't strictly necessary imo it's something to really look into if you really want to kit hildryn out for sure. in general i think she might need a bit more tweaking to get certain aspects of her kit to flow a tiiiiiny bit better, mainly with the 4 skill if i'm gonna be honest, but in general she's big and feels like she actually contributes to keeping a group on top of things which is always a nice feeling.

the balefire launcher looks really lackluster at first but i think a lot of people sleep on it because of the inherently poor supplementals. if you stack some multishot and some dualstats on there, and why wouldn't you, you can actually get the status to a respectable number which doesn't need to be 100% anyways because it's not a shotgun. slap some gas or whatever on there to fit the situation. i also wasn't paying a huge amount of attention but it seemed like power strength would boost base damage which would then get multiplied by mods and help crank the damage output even more? i know with even some super basic modding with no forma i was very easily hitting over 25k listed damage. having a pocket plasma cannon is neat and as far as exalteds go it's very satisfying and actually does some good work if you treat it well.

the 2 skill in general is really solid and i enjoy throwing it out whenever i get a chance. shield and armor stripping is never not welcome and it's how you keep yourself constantly refreshed while helping out your team by softening everything up. maybe it could do something like stagger enemies with no shields or armor to give it a use against those with neither. dunno.

her 3 is alright but it's one of those weird things where the part that deals with enemies can quickly go from 'this is instantly killing anything near me' to 'this is kind of pointless', leaving it to where the benefit to allies is mainly what ends up being useful. while those benefits ARE good and pretty nice for keeping everyone healthy it can leave the skill kind of pointless if you're not pressed up with your crew. which...to be honest could probably be worked with a bit. i think the idea is sound but it's a very feast or famine kind of deal where either you can benefit all your buddies or you might as well just forget it exists because it'll just be a pointless drain on your shields otherwise.

the 4 is kind of a mixed bag where it can be kind of fun and useful like i noted earlier but there definitely seems to be some clunky standouts that i know others have pointed out either here or other places. the animations feel a bit sluggish and mounting/dismounting feel just slightly janky enough to where it breaks up your flow, which is notable because it's otherwise really well handled with the rest of her kit. also a big thing is how you can apparently only use your balefire while channeling it. which, i mean, i can kind of get what they're going for with the theming and turning yourself into a flying artillery platform but it feels odd that the balefire isn't just automatically equipped in that case and that you apparently don't even get a benefit to using the balefires while hovering. something like a fire rate buff or slight efficiency boost while channeling the 4 would make using the balefire while already burning shields more attractive of an option if they really want to go with the idea of only being able to use it. otherwise just let people use whatever they want, i don't see the problem with that. even if they go with that option i still suggest a supplemental boost to the balefire while hovering. the balefire is good. use it.

for my stats i've definitely focused a bit on some solid efficiency because when you're using a shared resource pool it starts to matter more how much everything directly costs, and on top of that she has two channeled abilities which means duration doesn't help as much as it could because there's only a couple little things that it affects. in fact i've bumped down the duration just a tiny bit to let me jump up the other stats. power strength is a pretty solid option for the usual reasons and range is about on par with it because it affects everything you use as well. for instance: balefire blast radius, one of the less-obvious uses. anyways, she's a very solid frame that, if anything, could use a little bit of the usual tweaking that all new frames desire and i hope her farm when the event boss comes out isn't annoying as poo poo so others can have fun with her as well.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I kitted out my Hildryn with 280% power range and 179% power strength and my baelfire shots wiped out entire rooms of enemies in one shot uncharged in ESO all the way through wave 8. Not that incredible compared to kill frames that wipe out the entire map in the same amount of time, but still quite enjoyable.

Johnny Joestar posted:

for my stats i've definitely focused a bit on some solid efficiency because when you're using a shared resource pool it starts to matter more how much everything directly costs, and on top of that she has two channeled abilities which means duration doesn't help as much as it could because there's only a couple little things that it affects. in fact i've bumped down the duration just a tiny bit to let me jump up the other stats. power strength is a pretty solid option for the usual reasons and range is about on par with it because it affects everything you use as well. for instance: balefire blast radius, one of the less-obvious uses. anyways, she's a very solid frame that, if anything, could use a little bit of the usual tweaking that all new frames desire and i hope her farm when the event boss comes out isn't annoying as poo poo so others can have fun with her as well.

Oh no, don't do that. Go all in on raw range and power, it's super easy to keep shields topped off, I get by with 75% efficiency (blind rage, but I offset it slightly via streamline) and 100% duration just fine.

Obligatum VII fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Mar 12, 2019

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

That would be lovely.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Johnny Joestar posted:

My ideal scenario is that they directly nerf the mod instead of sliding attacks in general since I have a riven that's a better version of it. :v:

Realistically if they get rid of slide attacks I'll just go back to using a random sword that can quickly open boxes while I run. The only reason (aside from Naramon affinity boost) I use melee is because I can memestrike an entire group down on the move. If I want to kill single enemies normally I'll use one of the two guns I have equipped that doesn't require me to stop and perform a super flashy five-second-long combo.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Mailer posted:

My ideal scenario is that they directly nerf the mod

that's actually directly what they are going to do and it was something they made very clear back when the melee rework was first being talked about

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Rebecca said long ago they're trying to change "spin2win". I think a strong slide attack is fine but not spamming it using a macro. I think just making it so you cannot spam it in some way, either by adding a stagger when spinning twice in a row or halting the momentum would work with dealing with the spamming problem without reducing the mod's potency.

Curtana
Feb 17, 2011

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'm interested, count me in.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

wid posted:

Rebecca said long ago they're trying to change "spin2win". I think a strong slide attack is fine but not spamming it using a macro. I think just making it so you cannot spam it in some way, either by adding a stagger when spinning twice in a row or halting the momentum would work with dealing with the spamming problem without reducing the mod's potency.

i think it probably makes a lot more sense to just tone down a single mod which is undeniably really absurdly powerful rather than readjust an entire facet of the melee system to accommodate it

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

We all know the DE way to do that would be to just tack on the stagger from Cleaving Whirlwind after so many slide attacks in quick succession, hard pass.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Throw my name in the hat please. I'm new enough to not be near to getting one yet! (Just done War Within, MR7)

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Today I press the Claim button on my first non-Excalibur war frame (Rhino, natch) and my Hek, which some kind goon gifted me the must-have mods for :getin:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'm down, please count me in. Thanks!

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Hey I'm finally building Rhino too, though I gotta wait a few more days to hit claim. :negative: But I'm excited, he looks insanely fun. At least I have Trinity Prime to break up the monotony of only Excalibur for now.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'm in for that, IGN is MajorBonnet.

MajorBonnet fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Mar 12, 2019

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Prop Wash posted:

Today I press the Claim button on my first non-Excalibur war frame (Rhino, natch) and my Hek, which some kind goon gifted me the must-have mods for :getin:

:feelsgood: huh.
This is by far the best gang I've hung with. The others have been great too, Division, Destiny, Diablo, Eve are all generous and helpful, but Warframe goons are the best
Mods that I was planing on spending hundreds of plat on, patient vital advice. Random slots for frames and weapons in the mail :-)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

What if, and this might be really controversial to suggest, we didn't nerf things that are fun and powerful

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Kyrosiris posted:

What if, and this might be really controversial to suggest, we didn't nerf things that are fun and powerful
I'm gonna go all out here, really put myself on the edge, and i don't even care who knows about it: :yeah:

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

See, while that's a good idea in theory, the problem with never nerfing overpowered things is pretty straight forward: everything that follows it must be competitive with that thing or no one will use it.

Especially because enough iterations after that point results in a functional nerf to all the things that came before it because the new tier of stuff is infinitely better. Like it helps that, last I checked, we're talking about an over tuned melee mod which can theoretically be used with any melee weapon but it's still very much a situation where refusing to nerf only makes the system more broken and convoluted over time.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Kyrosiris posted:

That's why I said don't nerf Maiming Strike. Nerf the ability to spam spin attack. I can't imagine holding down one button with zero aiming as something "fun".

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

LornMarkus posted:

See, while that's a good idea in theory, the problem with never nerfing overpowered things is pretty straight forward: everything that follows it must be competitive with that thing or no one will use it.

Okay? Oh no, more options for fun room-clearing, what a horrible outcome that would be.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I feel like half the problem is that the base crit is so poo poo on most melee weapons that Maiming Strike becomes necessary for one hit crits and Blood Rush becomes necessary for any kind of crit potential.

There are a ton of primaries and secondaries you can get over 100% crit with, but the highest base crit I've seen on a melee weapon was I think 30%, and that was from a Zaw build specifically to minmax crit chance.

I realise most people are used to the mindset of 'you just need Blood Rush and Maiming Strike' but requiring two super rare mods for a crit build is pretty crazy. IMHO base crit needs to come up and the boost from MS & BR needs to come way, way down - ideally so that the end result is that 1.5x combos have about the same crit chance but base crit chance is much higher.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I bring my crit kitty to stuff like dolons. Haven't quite gotten the rest of my kit up to be able to 1shot them yet but the cat helps.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

The "never nerf" meme is just lazy thinking. Warframe is a game about being ridiculously powerful, but there needs to be some kind of limit otherwise it'll just be an idle clicker with flashier graphics.

Bug Squash fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Mar 12, 2019

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I actually got Maiming strike in the last encounter, but when I heard you need a macro I just can't spare the :effort:, my rivened Kit Gun seems to do just fine (outside of goon groups in high level content where I still come last in dps heh)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I mean, you don't need a macro, it's just easier with one. I do slide attacks all the time with my staff zaw even without it, because it's fun to be a whirling buzzsaw. Maiming Strike would just make that even more silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I actually got Maiming strike in the last encounter, but when I heard you need a macro I just can't spare the :effort:, my rivened Kit Gun seems to do just fine (outside of goon groups in high level content where I still come last in dps heh)

if :effort: is the issue just download autohotkey and run this

replace XButton1 with whatever key or mouse button you want to mash

and I guess shift, w, and ctrl and e if you aren't on default keybinds

code:
#If WinActive("Warframe") 
{
  executing := 0

*XButton1::
    if (executing)
	Return

executing := 1
    running := 0