Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

MikeJF posted:

I mean everyone's probably just gonna roll their eyes. "Oh, yay, you smashed a table with your pinky. Big whoop."

Except Gog, she'll love it.

"Look at the idiot who needs to physically touch something to unmake it. Learn some Art, dummy!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Don't need fancy arts when he can murder demiurges with his fancy breathing techniques.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Solomon is going be halfway through his prerequisite final kung fu battle monologue before he realizes Alison has already yeeted out carrying Zaid under her arm like a cardboard cutout.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Iron Twinkie posted:

Solomon is going be halfway through his prerequisite final kung fu battle monologue before he realizes Alison has already yeeted out carrying Zaid under her arm like a cardboard cutout.

Solomon David turns his back to give his dramatic monologue then use Martial Arts Breathing Bullshit to perfectly sense and block any incoming attack.
There's no attack coming, because Allison nope nope nope'd out of there as soon as he wasn't looking at her.

Reach Heaven By Violence To Narrative Convention

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Calm down there, Elan.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
The fight is going to end when Zaed gets whiny about it and Allison finally decides gently caress this and bails on him, confusing the demiurges even more.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Who What Now posted:

Calm down there, Elan.

I'm just saying that 'anticlimactic confrontation followed by much weirder chaos and violence' has been the model for three out of three books so far, and 'tournament arc' has very clear story-structure. So either we're going to get the curveball of 'no, we're actually doing a tournament' or we're going to get another one of those.

Plus, Solomon David absolutely cares about narrative convention, in the sense that he cares about projecting his own righteousness and presence constantly. That's not the same as being ironic or metatextual, it's just a quality of being a tyrant who wants to be loved as well as feared.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

MikeJF posted:

Angry Gog - really, properly angry - is going to be a chilling moment at some point, I bet.

"Her face disassembled itself in to worms, and every individual gaze fell on me, contorted in rage. There was a sound of chewing."

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

The real question is, does each individual worm speak with her chunk of Royalty?

Seizon
Oct 10, 2011

Little underwhelmed with the table breakage. Anyone can break a table. Show me a 10 point forehead flick

The composition on the page was amazing though

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

The real question is, does each individual worm speak with her chunk of Royalty?

Yes. Royalty is a constant squirming mass of annelids.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Just realized the last panel kinda looks like Gog-Agog's head exploded again out of sheer surprise.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
My Jadis headcanon is that she saw the Wheel from the side so it looks like an I and realized that the shape of the universe was actually Himself/I. Himself is pure ego beyond reality and time, so being the shape of the universe seems appropriate for the #1 devil. Whatever is locked in the box is surely a Very Bad Kill Boss.

A tournament twist could be Incubus controlling Allison to kill Zaid with a javelin.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
at some point gog-agog is going to forget to bother to try being human and that is going to be an interesting day

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Iron Twinkie posted:

yeet wasn't even a concept when Alison left earth

holy poo poo she's missed so much

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I got shipping notification for book 3. It should be here soon.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

make mockery posted:

at some point gog-agog is going to forget to bother to try being human and that is going to be an interesting day

Suddenly I'm thinking of The Many from System Shock 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp5xGLj1RME

"How does it feel to be one against the infinite?"

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Mar 12, 2019

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
in all fairness, the general state of the world is mirrored by the greater universe p effectively, psychologically stunted ancient vampire kings and all

altho i suppose from a semi doylian perspective this is just art reflecting the world it is created in

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Yesh posted:

My Jadis headcanon is that she saw the Wheel from the side so it looks like an I and realized that the shape of the universe was actually Himself/I. Himself is pure ego beyond reality and time, so being the shape of the universe seems appropriate for the #1 devil. Whatever is locked in the box is surely a Very Bad Kill Boss.

A tournament twist could be Incubus controlling Allison to kill Zaid with a javelin.

Can't be this - creation is made of both YIS and UN. Himself is just the most powerful manifestation of the Black Flame, one half of the whole.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019

Darth Walrus posted:

Can't be this - creation is made of both YIS and UN. Himself is just the most powerful manifestation of the Black Flame, one half of the whole.

himself is probably one of the closest in creation to remembering being yisun tho

Iron Twinkie posted:

yeet kune do

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
What if Zaid likes his new life as pampered captive, meets a nice local girl and then turns down Alison's offer of rescue?

Stockholm syndrome is a thing after all.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
What if it turns out Zaid was really Xikiktlikitl the Devourer, overlord of the Inztektlican Hive, banished long ago to lose his shape and memories so as to never again rampage through the cosmos, and proximity to Ki Rata has lifted the curse that kept the universe safe for the last 8000 eons?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

make mockery posted:

himself is probably one of the closest in creation to remembering being yisun tho

Thanks for reminding me to check in in Awful Hospital

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Solomon David really is just thinly veiled Kenshiro isn't he

this is not a bad thing
Kenshiro is a tender-hearted man who cries when he kills particularly pitiful foes.

Solomon David is not. He's closer to Raoh.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019

Renaissance Robot posted:

Thanks for reminding me to check in in Awful Hospital

i should catch up on awful hospital i suspect its been literal years

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

make mockery posted:

i should catch up on awful hospital i suspect its been literal years

good news, it's only gotten better over time

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1105524036757540866

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Well poo poo if he keeps revealing everything about the characters we'll have nothing to discuss here

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I am actually surprised at the placement of Mammon and Jaggoth.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

wdarkk posted:

I am actually surprised at the placement of Mammon and Jaggoth.

Mammon is a good dog.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Mammon wants his children to be happy! And I can see Jagganoth not being a dick... He might destroy the universe but he's not going to torture you while he's doing it.

I wonder where Zoss would be- I'm assuming directly in the center of the triangle, or somewhere completely outside of it.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

habeasdorkus posted:

I wonder where Zoss would be- I'm assuming directly in the center of the triangle, or somewhere completely outside of it.

He has achieved true royalty. He has no need for McDonalds.

He goes to Arby's instead.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Deeply concerned about the proximity of Alison to Gog-Agog in this chart.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
The thing is Allison is a dumbass

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Rotten Red Rod posted:

He has achieved true royalty. He has no need for McDonalds.

He goes to Arby's instead.

The "Ar" stands for royalty.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Zoss is the Burger Conquering King

Boron_the_Moron
Apr 28, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

Mammon wants his children to be happy! And I can see Jagganoth not being a dick... He might destroy the universe but he's not going to torture you while he's doing it.

My favourite part of that chart, is the fact that Zoss' position on it might actually be a spoiler.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Boron_the_Moron posted:

My favourite part of that chart, is the fact that Zoss' position on it might actually be a spoiler.

Zoss secretly runs both the McDonalds location and the local competitor too.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

found Zoss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
My alignment is Maya's alignment.

<napolean_yes_clutch.gif>