Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Funniest option would be to go for a referendum and then the people vote May's deal.

Edit: codpiece time

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Mar 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Julio Cruz posted:

ah I see you're familiar with the Domino's experience

I'm all too familiar with such a weak slice referenced

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
parliamentlive.tv has just fallen over.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

The gloves are off

Isn’t May’s deal hard Brexit? Or is it hard Brexit in theory but soft because of the backstop?

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
surely the ultimate comedy option is actually getting stuck in the backstop forever?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Seriously the AG needs to release an audiobook, those jowels should help the taxpayer somehow

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Am I right in thinking May only has the luxury of losing 4 MPs even with the DUP on board assuming the opposition all hold the line? Looking at hard remain Tories that haven't jumped to the Tiggers there's Grieve, Greening, Morgan and Bebb who all voted against and aren't swayed by ministers or the ERG. (Ken Clarke folded on newsnight last night though and said he was voting for the deal this time so they may fall in line behind him)

This being hellworld though the Tories are all going to close ranks, the DUP will get on board and the 3 Labour MPs who voted for the deal last time will help it through

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

"Efforts must be redoubled."

Good round of laughter as the flames rise

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Doccykins posted:

Am I right in thinking May only has the luxury of losing 4 MPs even with the DUP on board assuming the opposition all hold the line? Looking at hard remain Tories that haven't jumped to the Tiggers there's Grieve, Greening, Morgan and Bebb who all voted against and aren't swayed by ministers or the ERG. (Ken Clarke folded on newsnight last night though and said he was voting for the deal this time so they may fall in line behind him)

This being hellworld though the Tories are all going to close ranks, the DUP will get on board and the 3 Labour MPs who voted for the deal last time will help it through

this is the exact kind of post people were making right before the first vote

the deal is not going to pass

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Doccykins posted:

There'll be at least 10 labour/ian austin MPs voting for it from the sounds of it

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Doccykins posted:

real hellworld: dup votes against, it passes by TIG votes+labour rebels trying to own corbyn

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Tamest :toxx: in the world but :toxx: this deal isn't passing. Not a hope in hell.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the rightist remainer faction has been accurately assessed to be completely and incredibly spineless and so they can be safely ignored lol

probably the tories also have some internal polling that strengthens the hand of the ERG lunatics

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Imo it'll get a few more than the previous but still second worst ever defeat in parliamentary history.

May's strategy remains as ever to delay delay delay and blame the EU.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Julio Cruz posted:

ah yes, shotguns, known for their ease of concealment

feedmegin posted:

I mean, not by default, they're quite big. You can saw them off but then they become illegal if they weren't already.
Unless you're a copper, in which case you can just say that the barrel bent and you didn't want to buy a new one so you cut the barrel down, and then your mates have a quick look around your house and say "he doesn't own a balaclava or black gloves so he can't have been up to anything" and then nothing happens.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

jabby posted:

So Cox's legal advice has just turbofucked the deal.

He's on in Parliament at 12.30, that should he good.

can someone explain what cox just did?

e: oh seems he said the recent changes don't help with the backstop whatsoever. makes all the sense in the world now

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Cox has a nice voice.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

No unilateral way out means the DUP will never agree to it and it gives the ERG & friends cover to vote against.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

V. Illych L. posted:

real hellworld: dup votes against, it passes by TIG votes+labour rebels trying to own corbyn

*Monkey paw curls*

https://mobile.twitter.com/Laura_K_Hughes/status/1105439998357184513

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Saros posted:

No unilateral way out means the DUP will never agree to it and it gives the ERG & friends cover to vote against.

DUP have already said they won't vote for it, it's dead dead dead dead dead

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Yeah I would toxx on the vote hut what's the point. I think it'll be >150 margin against, but I'm not gonna toxx on an arbitrary number.

I will buy back some plat poo poo to contribute to the Lowtax's Spine Appreciation Society though

E: lol what is this coincidental Spine Fund text?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/jrmaidment/status/1105446736783384576?s=19

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Deadlines means that you gotta kill yourself if you fail to meet it in the legal world, therefore we should vote to hang ourselves before the deadline

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Put this on the side of a bus that then travels to 88mph back to 2015

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Lol gently caress me. Hahahahaha.

Love suddenly self aware Tories.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Someone please start shrieking, "CODSWALLOP"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Choose your fighter

Vs.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1105430697580380160?s=21

lol

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Have we started placing bets on the outcome of the vote yet? I’m hoping May wins a net gain of <5 votes over last time :q:

communism bitch posted:

Is it wrong of me to be hoping for full on no deal turbofucking at this point? I don't think it would be good for me. Im just ready for the end.
I’ve said it before, sooner or later everybody’s an accelerationist.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Cox has a nice voice.

It was very telling in his last big show last year how many fubpees were cooing about how Prime Ministerial he sounded. So totally loving obsessed with style over substance.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo someone in Parliament has a digital watch that beeps on the hour. That's it, I'm a full anarchist now.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

It was very telling in his last big show last year how many fubpees were cooing about how Prime Ministerial he sounded. So totally loving obsessed with style over substance.

He sounds like a more sedate Brian Blessed.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

8 years too late to realise this my friend

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

#FBPE :h: Cox

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

mrpwase posted:

When is your band coming to play Leeds then?

About seven years ago

I'm in a Biffy Clyro cover band now though, GagReflex is pretty much dead :(

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

https://twitter.com/jessicaelgot/status/1105454845857841153

Dead dead dead dead dead dead dead.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Like lambs to the slaughter in the case of a no deal brexit

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sebzilla posted:

GagReflex is pretty much dead :(

I hear lots of guys prefer it without anyway :heysexy:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Watching Cox flounder is glorious.

DUP hate it, game over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

sebzilla posted:

About seven years ago

I'm in a Biffy Clyro cover band now though, GagReflex is pretty much dead :(

This sounds good. Well, if you just play the first 4 albums, and mostly just Vertigo of Bliss