Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Cthulhu
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Associate degree at Miskatonic Community College.
Where's barkleys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Professor Cthulhu posted:

Where's barkleys

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barclays_Center

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

bintle

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It's funny how often I find myself thinking about Barkley 2, carried away on a dream to a cyberpunk Utopia just out of reach, and snap back in to reality and sigh wistfully. This game can't come soon enough. :allears:

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

my faith has broken

no man alive today will remain to witness the second coming of barkley

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i am the opposite.

my faith in barkley 2 is the only thing keeping me going

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
will the game's theme be Freek'n You by Jodeci

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

I love you Barkley

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

10 years ago today I started the saga and it’s finally coming to an end :cheers:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Baaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
f

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Wait a minute... THREE???

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

was frog fractions 2 disappointing

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

oddium posted:

it seems to have made 0 impact on the cultural zeitgeist but I thought it had some real loving clever bits - like how the "prove your age" thing made you answer Meiji Restoration trivia questions for no reason, or where you won the car race by making noise into your microphone to power it with your breath

in terms of actual game idk I never finished the drat thing the overworld defeated me

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

frog fractions 2's impact was exponentially magnified if you're familiar with ZZT/Megazeux

however, frog fractions 1 did not have this kind of barrier

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nessus posted:

Wait a minute... THREE???

:wth:!!!

I cant weight ! ! !

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

oddium posted:

It was okay. Not amazing. Okay. It was a bunch of minigames broken up by a ASCII overworld.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i liked frog fractions 2

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

The Something Awful forums will fall before Barkley 2 is real: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the sa forums will fall before the next FIFA

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Wrex Ruckus posted:

The Something Awful forums will fall before Barkley 2 is real: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden

Semper posting

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the sa forums will probably fall before my next midterm

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I dunno man, the patreon jumped 2 thousand upwards just in one day and is still climbing, SA might have some life in it left

Then again I'm the kind of sap who put 70 dollars into Barkley 2 and doesn't regret it, so maybe don't put too much stock in my prognostication

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Seriously though if there's any other gullible saps like me here (it does seem like the right thread), Lowtax really does seem like he could use the money.

Mr. Lobe fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Mar 13, 2019

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
The Tales of Game's team has collectively worked on dozens of games of all genres. We have experienced programmers, artists, musicians and designers who are excited about this game and have been thinking about it for years. We have set extremely ambitious goals for ourselves, but have a proven track record of exceptional work and are looking forward to the task ahead of us.

heh

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Barkley is hella late but what we've seen of it really is exceptional.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Scarodactyl posted:

Barkley is hella late but what we've seen of it really is exceptional.

Agreed. Have there been any visible hints of late that the game is still being made? Any updates from Frankie, or has he casually mentioned it in some way?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

in the dead of night would you ask the sun for hints that it will rise

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Yes. He has pretty much finished up his art, and stepped back from doing other dev things on it because there were too many cooks in the kitchen. If I am recalling correctly, that's what he sees as the source of most of their delays and development issues, too many people with good ideas working a bit too independently. So at this point they're apparently working more on getting everything they have implemented and put together.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
2 many people with good ideas, 2 independent, 2 Barkley

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Super Rad posted:

2 many people with good ideas, 2 independent, 2 Barkley

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

oddium posted:

o7

Scarodactyl posted:

Yes. He has pretty much finished up his art, and stepped back from doing other dev things on it because there were too many cooks in the kitchen. If I am recalling correctly, that's what he sees as the source of most of their delays and development issues, too many people with good ideas working a bit too independently. So at this point they're apparently working more on getting everything they have implemented and put together.

That helps, thanks

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
burkle release so i can die

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Barklark

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

oddium posted:

a shining light to our barkley's in arms, even in death

I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless b [-ball]

I will always be with you

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

A ball-B?!

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Anyone got a working version of Barkley 1 for RPG Maker? (Yes, I know there's the newer version, but I need the older version.) The one hosted on their site is broken - when you load a new game, you are in the b-dimension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

RadicalR posted:

Anyone got a working version of Barkley 1 for RPG Maker? (Yes, I know there's the newer version, but I need the older version.) The one hosted on their site is broken - when you load a new game, you are in the b-dimension.

This one might be what you want.