Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

They're all the 80s and need to be on an appropriate car. But when they are, :fap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

hackbunny posted:

(and I really really hate those wheels)

Get the gently caress out and never return.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I refuse to believe that. No one even fairly distant from sane dislikes OZ Racing rims

They're very polarizing to me - when they work they're amazing but sometimes they don't to me.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I don't like the wheels purely how they look in isolation, but paired with the right car they look the tits.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The remind me of the old Kodak Disc film.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Was that meant to be put into those things you hold up to your eyes and press the shutter to rotate the slide shown? Kinda neat.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

Was that meant to be put into those things you hold up to your eyes and press the shutter to rotate the slide shown? Kinda neat.

No, it was a film format that afforded very slim (for the time) cameras.

You're thinking of a viewmaster.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Ahhhh, I'd never heard the viewmaster name before, thank you :)

Looking at it again, it is a negative film so what I was thinking made no sense in the first place

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Wow, I just had a flashback.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:3: aaaannnnd now i feel old

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Humbug posted:

Better skip this post then

In the right wheel size and any color but white, I love them. These are all good, except the Sierra, which is "acceptable"

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Memento posted:

The craftsmanship on this thing is amazing

Source and a ton more pictures of other models: http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/05/car-modeling-on-another-level/

That is fantastic.
Most of those cars are amazing. I never got quite to that level. Not sure I'll ever even get back to modeling. I certainly still have plenty to build - most of them would be probably considered vintage kits now. '80s-'90s kits, cars and mecha. I'm actually afraid to build my Mach V, now, since it's OOP, though has been reissued under a different manufacturer's name.

Also, now I want a Viper V-10 Gremmie.

Huh. Never wanted a Pacer before....

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Lol I had one of those.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Occassionally, a DeLorean Parks at the rear end end of my companies parking lot, next to an imported truck that never moves. The DeLorean looks as though it rolled fresh out of the factory, it's really cool. Intriguing: there is a science looking box mounted on the dash, with a cable disappearing somewhere inside. Really want to peek inside to see what it is, but never caught it when I wasn't in a rush :(

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Probably Back to the Future cosplay stuff.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
gently caress, you got Ernest Cline parking in your lot

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

hackbunny posted:

In the right wheel size and any color but white, I love them. These are all good, except the Sierra, which is "acceptable"

I think it's an acquired taste from being around rally cars a bunch, but I get a semi any time I see a pair of em in white.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Adiabatic posted:

I think it's an acquired taste from being around rally cars a bunch, but I get a semi any time I see a pair of em in white.

Not emptyquoting.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

TotalLossBrain posted:

gently caress, you got Ernest Cline parking in your lot

Kick him in the balls, he deserves it.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Kick him in the balls, he deserves it.

I would like a lengthy description of this read by Wil Wheaton, pls :allears:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

TotalLossBrain posted:

I would like a lengthy description of this read by Wil Wheaton, pls :allears:

I would like a beer collaboration by this name from Wil Wheaton please.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
If you like the OZ Racing wheels discussed up the thread, also consider the Compomotive TH.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I would like a beer collaboration by this name from Wil Wheaton please.

I'd rather drink warm Stella.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

net work error fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Mar 13, 2019

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

InitialDave posted:

If you like the OZ Racing wheels discussed up the thread, also consider the Compomotive TH.

I believe the ”OZ Racing” wheels on the black Integrale posted above actually are Compomotive TH2.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

e: I'm dumb

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 12, 2019

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Adiabatic posted:

:same:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

InitialDave posted:

True.

Also noting that Caffeine and Machine are putting together a Hyundai car to have fun in and used the Fifteen52 copies of those.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:whatup:

(Honda Today)

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Everyone loves some You're Under Arrest!

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

InitialDave posted:

Everyone loves some You're Under Arrest!

Everyone over 36. It had better have the little bike in the back.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Mister Kingdom posted:

They contracted one of the original engineers to design and make it. It wasn't cheap.

nah ant built the wing himself, the cost was probably almost entirely the donor wing he cut up

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

beep-beep car is go posted:

Everyone over 36. It had better have the little bike in the back.

You mean the Motocompo?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I was disappointed when I found out that it just goes in the boot I thought there was an amazing slick package slot or something :(

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
It hurts me that the upper and lower grilles are different widths, I'd still own one though

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

BlackMK4 posted:

It hurts me that the upper and lower grilles are different widths, I'd still own one though

Are they? I think it's just the angle coupled with the bumper sticking out more.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I have too many Hotwheels already, I have a loving sack of sealed ones because I can't stop buying them. That's not about to stop though because holy poo poo some of these :aaaaa:

https://hotwheels.mattel.com/shop/en-us/hw/cars-vehicles/hw-car-culture-circuit-legends-vehicles-fpy86

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Oh man that Gulf van

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I have just found out that Saab made an electric step through van in the 70s, mainly aimed at postmen and the like...

I mean the Daihatsu Mira step through is the coolest but still, the Saab owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

I randomly saw this batch at the local supermarket and managed to snag them all. The 510 was suuuuper hard to find however.