Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Is Kraft going to Florida specifically for a $50 handjob weirder than Mark Davis travelling $400 miles to get his haircut? It's a close call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

i feel like there's just one gigantic recursive omni-scandal

Probably. Drawing a scandal family tree would be incredible.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

Is Kraft going to Florida specifically for a $50 handjob weirder than Mark Davis travelling $400 miles to get his haircut? It's a close call.

IIRC ... he was in Miami for the NBA All-Star Game, so the spa trip was for a side job.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
How did he even know about the place?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

:smugdon:

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

I heard he used a nifty little website called RubMaps.com. Maybe you've heard of it.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

I heard he used a nifty little website called RubMaps.com. Maybe you've heard of it.

More likely he has an assistant who uses RubMaps but has convinced Kraft he was a sixth sense for finding the rub-n-tugs in the near vicinity.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Trump Jr. told him about the place.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
he was doing Undercover Boss: sex trafficking edition. where did the rubmaps meme come from?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

General Dog posted:

Kraft lives in south Florida. It’s his primary residence to take advantage of Florida’s generous homestead exemptions.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I have to reiterate, this was Bob Kraft’s regular rub and tug spot. He was a frequent customer as it’s around the corner from his palm beach home.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I have to reiterate, this was Bob Kraft’s regular rub and tug spot. He was a frequent customer as it’s around the corner from his palm beach home.

Like I noted somewhere earlier he went twice in 24 hours before the AFC championship game.

He probably had favorites.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Gay Horney posted:

he was doing Undercover Boss: sex trafficking edition. where did the rubmaps meme come from?

That wondrous site is how the cops found the place. Then they started surveillance.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It's amazing to me the lengths that Donnie will go to ensure every story is about him.

Conservative news is missing an opportunity if they don't try to explain this away by saying that Jesus also spent a lot of time around prostitutes.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

No. Definitely not. I would remember if I had, for example, typed that url into my address bar every day for the last three years. Nope. Not ringing any bells

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Eifert Posting posted:

It's amazing to me the lengths that Donnie will go to ensure every story is about him.

Conservative news is missing an opportunity if they don't try to explain this away by saying that Jesus also spent a lot of time around prostitutes.

Conservatives would have to actually know something about Jesus to make that point.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Jupiter home

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Jupiter home

I don’t know all of south florida that well it’s all palm beach then miami to me. I’ve only even been in the area twice in my life.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don’t know all of south florida that well it’s all palm beach then miami to me. I’ve only even been in the area twice in my life.

Haha it’s ok, gotta stand up for my tiny hometown whenever I can

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Haha it’s ok, gotta stand up for my tiny hometown whenever I can

Is it all just nothing but suburban sprawl for hundreds of miles? I drove around for a few hours yesterday up and down highway 1 and everything looked exactly the same.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Mr. Nice! posted:

Is it all just nothing but suburban sprawl for hundreds of miles? I drove around for a few hours yesterday up and down highway 1 and everything looked exactly the same.

My in-laws live in Stuart, and I cosign your observation.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Not in this area. We’ve got a weird intersection of 3 islands and gorgeous views

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lmao they're going to drop the charges against Kraft because he's too rich

what a pathetic excuse of a system we live in

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

lmao they're going to drop the charges against Kraft because he's too rich

what a pathetic excuse of a system we live in

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1108051856532615168

that's, uh, an odd offer - admit we'd find you guilty and we won't. of note, it's being given to more than just kraft, but it's reasonable to assume that everyone else its offered to is just cover.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
A happy ending to this story for Kraft.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
loving :lol:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Florida prosecutors have offered to drop charges against New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft and a number of other men charged with soliciting prostitution, according to a person familiar with the matter, but there is a catch. The proposed agreement calls for the men to admit they would have been proven guilty at trial.

The proposed deferred prosecution agreement calls for completion of an education course about prostitution, completion of 100 hours of community service, screening for sexually transmitted diseases and... (rest of story needs a login)

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

The proposed agreement calls for the men to admit they would have been proven guilty at trial.
The proposed deferred prosecution agreement calls for completion of an education course about prostitution, completion of 100 hours of community service, screening for sexually transmitted diseases and... (rest of story needs a login)
Kraft's lawyers will be able to argue it down to a doubtful shrug and a requirement to watch Taken

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Basically a no contest plea, it sounds like. "I'm not pleading guilty, but at the same time, I concede that if it went to trial I'd likely be found guilty." is pretty much what it tends to be.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1108051856532615168

that's, uh, an odd offer - admit we'd find you guilty and we won't. of note, it's being given to more than just kraft, but it's reasonable to assume that everyone else its offered to is just cover.

Isn’t that technically how every deferred prosecution agreement works?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Isn't this just an Alford Plea?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Proteus Jones posted:

Isn't this just an Alford Plea?

alford/no contest pleas end with you actually being found guilty not with you getting the charge cleared

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

evilweasel posted:

alford/no contest pleas end with you actually being found guilty not with you getting the charge cleared

Not necessarily, it’s probably a deferred adjudication thing where he pleads guilty but the court doesn’t proceed to find him guilty and then it gets dismissed after a certain period of time as long as he goes that long without getting in more trouble and complies with whatever other conditions they set. If he doesn’t comply, they can just summarily find him guilty and sentence him because he already pled to it.

In this context, being allowed to do an Alford plea is a pretty big deal because it just requires him to admit there is enough evidence to find him guilty, he doesn’t have to admit that he actually IS guilty.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Thermos H Christ posted:

Not necessarily, it’s probably a deferred adjudication thing where he pleads guilty but the court doesn’t proceed to find him guilty and then it gets dismissed after a certain period of time as long as he goes that long without getting in more trouble and complies with whatever other conditions they set. If he doesn’t comply, they can just summarily find him guilty and sentence him because he already pled to it.

In this context, being allowed to do an Alford plea is a pretty big deal because it just requires him to admit there is enough evidence to find him guilty, he doesn’t have to admit that he actually IS guilty.

i think we'll need more than the intro paragraph to resolve this but when i hear "charges dropped" i interpret that as stronger than a deferred adjudication or the like, and mean that it actually gets dismissed and they're off scot-free. but it's silly to argue more without the details, either is a reasonable interpretation.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

evilweasel posted:

i think we'll need more than the intro paragraph to resolve this but when i hear "charges dropped" i interpret that as stronger than a deferred adjudication or the like, and mean that it actually gets dismissed and they're off scot-free. but it's silly to argue more without the details, either is a reasonable interpretation.

Dismissed without prejudice one would assume?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
It's not a differed adjudication, alfred plea, or anything of the sort. It's a standard florida DPA. I've mentioned it in here a few times. These are routine at the misdemeanor level and are a program operated entire within the State Attorney's Office. The court is not involved at all with a DPA. It's an agreement between accused and the state attorney.

In this case, the DPA carries with it the same requirements that statutorily would come with a conviction - 100 hours community service, $5k fine, STD testing, sex trafficking class, etc. The statement admitting guilt is not an admission that can be used in court against them and they are never adjudicated in any way by a judge. They aren't on probation, either, although the DPA may be administered by the same office locally that manages probation.

Basically, if it's your first offense in Florida and a misdemeanor, it's pretty easy to get into a DPA. They're set by the SAO, so there are different requirements depending on the crime that are standard. At the end of the DPA the charges are dismissed with prejudice. They're eligible to be expunged. If he were to plea and be put on probation, he would not be able to seal this offense.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

in other words he's being treated like a middle class white guy, not a rich guy

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
He’s still gonna fight it because he’s a moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

in other words he's being treated like a middle class white guy, not a rich guy

basically