Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
My suspicion is that LeVeon Bell will be a bust if he comes to Baltimore. But I hope not!! I love how he runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

The Puppy Bowl posted:

17 mil for a linebacker that can't cover is a hell of a thing.

mosley can cover well, he got picked on at the end of the season cause there was no better place to throw and the nature of throwing means you are going to get completions somewhere no matter what.

He is also not worth 17m a year. I was hoping his top end would be a jimmy smith esque contract and they would jettison smith but oh well. Kenny young has promise and onwasur is a fine rotation LB. they will have to add someone, either a cheaper vet to play 3 downs or draft someone to play next to young/just for some depth but they were in a similar position even if they kept mosley, ILB depth has been a very big hole for years and any injuries would have hurt a lot.

I should take a look at upcoming fas and see if they are trying to do some cap rollover shenannigans in the future years for someone or if its just a general thing where they are trying to avoid paying market value for players. Its a legit criticism of ozzie that his final ~5 years in baltimore had almost no one outside of rookie deal guys outplaying their contracts. Weddle was playing at his contract level and mosley might have played near the 17m mark, but you don't really get any advantage by having dudes actually being paid what they are worth when other teams are trapping top level dudes in poo poo rear end contracts.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

John Brown to the Bills

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ghost Dog posted:

mosley can cover well, he got picked on at the end of the season cause there was no better place to throw and the nature of throwing means you are going to get completions somewhere no matter what.

idk, he got picked on throughout the season. I think he actually had most of his better games towards the end but it was ugly watching him get burned by like uzomah and uhh whoever plays te for the falcons.

He can have good coverage games but it gets outweighed by his bad ones. His biggest strength is run support which, well, that's everyone.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

pretty hard disagree, if you were making a scouting report for mosley youd list his abilities in zone as his biggest strength. on a team that ran primarily nickel and dime, with a terrific secondary and who rotated the other LB spot heavily(and obv eliminated it in dime cause thats what dime is), of course the linebacker who was there for every play would get picked on the most. Thats what good offenses do and theres lots of good offenses. The only solution to this "problem" is to not put a linebacker out there

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I think we will miss Moseley a lot in regards to his smarts. He's good at identifying plays then making sure he and everyone around him are in the right spot to react. Too often got outplayed in the passing game despite being in the right spot but he was almost never not in the right spot.

Without him and Weedle we're probably facing a substantial downgrade in our on field communication. Add in the loss of Suggs and the defense's football IQ might be a real problem. Maybe not though. Our D us well coached and maybe some young guys rise to the occasion.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Boys I do believe the Cleveland Browns have won the Super Bowl yet again!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ghost Dog posted:

He is also not worth 17m a year. I was hoping his top end would be a jimmy smith esque contract and they would jettison smith but oh well. Kenny young has promise and onwasur is a fine rotation LB. they will have to add someone, either a cheaper vet to play 3 downs or draft someone to play next to young/just for some depth but they were in a similar position even if they kept mosley, ILB depth has been a very big hole for years and any injuries would have hurt a lot.

I should take a look at upcoming fas and see if they are trying to do some cap rollover shenannigans in the future years for someone or if its just a general thing where they are trying to avoid paying market value for players. Its a legit criticism of ozzie that his final ~5 years in baltimore had almost no one outside of rookie deal guys outplaying their contracts. Weddle was playing at his contract level and mosley might have played near the 17m mark, but you don't really get any advantage by having dudes actually being paid what they are worth when other teams are trapping top level dudes in poo poo rear end contracts.

Sorry, dog his numbers over his career are real bad. Like 76% catch rate allowed on 5100 snaps

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MANZIEL 2 OBJ FOR THE SUPERBOWL WIN!!!!!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/browns/status/1105621540371091456?s=21

schmug
May 20, 2007

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

is uh the Browns bandwagon open? OBJ fan asking

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Holy poo poo.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Thank you Dorsey.

If Freddie Kitchens and Manziel can keep up with schemes and perform this could own. All changed with Dorsey coming here.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Carlosologist posted:

is uh the Browns bandwagon open? OBJ fan asking

Jumping on after they won 7 Super Bowls last year alone????

schmug
May 20, 2007

i like the browns.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The dude that broke OBJ's ankle in preseason the other year is still on the roster!

schmug
May 20, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The dude that broke OBJ's ankle in preseason the other year is still on the roster!

they are bff's now

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Gatts posted:

Thank you Dorsey.

If Freddie Kitchens and Manziel can keep up with schemes and perform this could own. All changed with Dorsey coming here.

How many touchdowns is Manziel going to throw?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Oh my God I said Manziel.

I mean Mayfield. Good loving lord.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
There is absolutely no way the Browns aren't a good team for the next few years. Not even the tragedy that is the Browns could ruin it.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, let's not jinx it...this is still the Browns...

Superbowl, yes, but at what cost?

Something somewhere in the universe had to balance this out...maybe some poor alien life forms somewhere didn't make it and to balance it the Browns get this...

I'm suspicious....

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

No Irish Need Imply posted:

There is absolutely no way the Browns aren't a good team for the next few years. Not even the tragedy that is the Browns could ruin it.

Oh please, Baker will fall into Ozzie Smith’s mystery hole and never be seen again.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
:psyduck:

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Gatts posted:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, let's not jinx it...this is still the Browns...

Superbowl, yes, but at what cost?

Something somewhere in the universe had to balance this out...maybe some poor alien life forms somewhere didn't make it and to balance it the Browns get this...

I'm suspicious....

Browns win the Super Bowl, then society immediately collapses thanks to global warming

schmug
May 20, 2007

The Unnamed One posted:

Browns win the Super Bowl, then society immediately collapses thanks to global warming

i am fine with this

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
I mean, it’s gonna happen anyway, might as well go out on a hopeful note

schmug
May 20, 2007

hail satan

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
i have always been a browns fan

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
The Ravens loving own

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Hi all, made a discord for us browns fans to discuss them in peace away from all the trolls

https://discord.gg/FhxAJ7y

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
This thread is my safe space against all who became Browns fans at 7:30 PM tonight instead of being forced to watch decades of awful clownball.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

schmug posted:

i like the browns.
hell, same

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Umm the giants had a losing record with Beckham

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Browns have the AFC North locked up.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Bigass Moth posted:

This thread is my safe space against all who became Browns fans at 7:30 PM tonight instead of being forced to watch decades of awful clownball.

what if I was watching Lions clownball during that period

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Time posted:

Hi all, made a discord for us browns fans to discuss them in peace away from all the trolls

https://discord.gg/FhxAJ7y

You shamed yourself before Baker with this.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Ches Neckbeard posted:

You shamed yourself before Baker with this.

baker loving sucks and so do the browns lol

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Time posted:

baker loving sucks and so do the browns lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005