Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

Zack Ater posted:

I've done 19 rerolls and I'm still on four lines :negative:

I didn't get my second line until roll 12, I think?

I haven't really been doing Eureka much, what's all this with rolling on your 405 relic weapons? Do you also do it with the armor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Rastan Beeza posted:

I haven't really been doing Eureka much, what's all this with rolling on your 405 relic weapons? Do you also do it with the armor?

When you complete the Pyros step the Eureka weapon is stripped of all substats. It has weapon damage and main stat and vitality. You then have to grind light to make crystals to roll substats with.

At first you get one line worth of stats. A line is up to +200 of a stat. As you reroll you will see a resuly with two lines. You want to accept that to lock in two lines as your new baseline. And so on until you reach five lines.

None of this has anything to do with the armor.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

yeah i try really hard not to bind anything beyond 5, it's just a couple classes that break that mold really

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Yeah, the armor is fairly easy to obtain, though you do have to grind up to at least elvl 50 and obtain all the logos actions, so it's not very quick if you weren't already doing eureka anyway. They have appropriate stats for i390 armor, and on top of that they have five materia slots!

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Zack Ater posted:

Yeah, the armor is fairly easy to obtain, though you do have to grind up to at least elvl 50 and obtain all the logos actions, so it's not very quick if you weren't already doing eureka anyway. They have appropriate stats for i390 armor, and on top of that they have five materia slots!

More importantly, when you upgrade them in Hydatos, they glow!

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Asimo posted:

placing ground AOEs on your target

Say what now

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

If you /ac a ground AOE spell with a target, it drops it at their feet

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

gently caress

ive been clicking shadow flare and shukuchi all this time for nothing. kill me

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

homeless snail posted:

If you /ac a ground AOE spell with a target, it drops it at their feet

IMO it's the only valid use for a combat macro.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Zack Ater posted:

Also a lot of them are actually BiS.

BLM and SAM BiS is almost entirely 390 Hydatos armor. A lot of jobs use 2-3 pieces because it turns out being able to jam five pieces of grade 6 materia in them is Just That Good.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

johnny park posted:

ive been clicking shadow flare and shukuchi all this time for nothing. kill me

Warning: using auto-targeting shukuchi is a good way to get yourself dead on bosses who stand outside of arenas that you can fall out of. Like Sephirot.

Because it goes to the center of the hitbox :v:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Are there macros that replicate PvP's combo buttons?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

EponymousMrYar posted:

Warning: using auto-targeting shukuchi is a good way to get yourself dead on bosses who stand outside of arenas that you can fall out of. Like Sephirot.

Because it goes to the center of the hitbox :v:

charge abilities are also a great complement to pressing W for a split second too long and walking into the level checker's death zone

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

BLM and SAM BiS is almost entirely 390 Hydatos armor. A lot of jobs use 2-3 pieces because it turns out being able to jam five pieces of grade 6 materia in them is Just That Good.

Huh. What's the materia for BLM? Spell Speed?

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Schubalts posted:

Are there macros that replicate PvP's combo buttons?

Why would you want this?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

oh no blimp issue posted:

Why would you want this?

Less buttons on bars?

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

DizzyBum posted:

Yeah, this is very cool. Now I would love to see a de-made NES cutscene.

Tataru no Bouken

I can't find the original on Youtube anymore, but it looks like the niconico one is still up.

(see also Magnai Fantasy and Tactics Alexander)

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The Grimace posted:

Tataru no Bouken

I can't find the original on Youtube anymore, but it looks like the niconico one is still up.

(see also Magnai Fantasy and Tactics Alexander)

wwwwwwwwwwww indeed.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Thumbtacks posted:

How are you getting screenshots that look that good? My settings are completely maxed out and yours look so much better. Is it a Reshade or something? That last one in particular looks fantastic.

Yeah, I use reshade in like 99% of my shots. The preset I'm using right now is based on Nascha's presets but there's a bunch you can mess with.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Why would you want this?

Some people like mashing one button instead of three buttons.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Why would you want this?

I would kill to be able to consolidate a combo down to one button. My hotbars would become so much cleaner and it isn't like there's a huge difference in MECHANICAL SKILLZ between pressing 111 and 123.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Brainamp posted:

Yeah, I use reshade in like 99% of my shots. The preset I'm using right now is based on Nascha's presets but there's a bunch you can mess with.

loving yooooooo, there's a Fujifilm Classic Chrome preset? loving *sold*, I've been trying to get that inverse-HDR look for some extra pop through my own futzing, this just gets me there without the fuss!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

SwissArmyDruid posted:

loving yooooooo, there's a Fujifilm Classic Chrome preset? loving *sold*, I've been trying to get that inverse-HDR look for some extra pop through my own futzing, this just gets me there without the fuss!

same

i may or may not have gotten a x100t because of the classic chrome preset

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Rainuwastaken posted:

I would kill to be able to consolidate a combo down to one button. My hotbars would become so much cleaner and it isn't like there's a huge difference in MECHANICAL SKILLZ between pressing 111 and 123.

What's your character's name?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

MCH, at least, is completely ruined with a single-button-combo. Well, it's at least not optimized.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah it wouldn't work as well for classes that don't have static combos or some element of RNG involved like MCH, but they're really the minority.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

If you enjoy mashing 1, let me tell you about bard.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I too would like PVP style combos for some classes and feel zero shame.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Phone posted:

same

i may or may not have gotten a x100t because of the classic chrome preset

Now that I know what to look for, I need to see if someone out there has Ektachrome or HP5 presets.

Especially the HP5, I shot more of that than anything else in my portfolio.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Huh. What's the materia for BLM? Spell Speed?

In some pieces.

http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/18NN6

Most of them have a good amount of ss as is, which is part of the draw. The other part is a fuckload of crit materia.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

I did the spring thing! And also

I'm very proud of that gif.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
It's a good gif.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yeah, last time I checked BLM uses all five which is insane. They only need two raid drops for BiS, and those are just from O9S! drat.

DRG uses two pieces... Which also changed one of our rings to the Yama ring. Which is weird.

Re: elemental armor being easy to obtain, I just found out from a friend trying to do that literally just a few minutes ago, that you have to finish the pagos weapon first. He finished getting all his logos actions tonight and the armor guy would have nothing to do with him :(

e:f,b on the BLM stuff.

That is a good gif, good job!

e2: finally got 5 lines (on my 20th reroll)! ...it was like 85 of each stat and another 110 SkS :negative:

Telum fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 13, 2019

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It's neat how the Stormblood Leatherworking quests actually keep the stuffed Dhalmel in Gridania.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Slap the start menu logos on that gif right the gently caress now.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

jokes posted:

MCH, at least, is completely ruined with a single-button-combo. Well, it's at least not optimized.

Them just saying "okay every combo works like pvp now, deal with it" would be super awful and I desperately hope Shadowbringers does nothing of the sort. Like you said, some would feel weird and lots of people just dont want that functionality in the first place.

But having the OPTION to have one button running down the entire Goring Blade combo would be neat and wouldn't harm anybody.

mrfishstick
Oct 15, 2005
So I finally finished leveling up the gathering jobs to cap and I'm trying to figure out if there is any real way to gear it up outside of just buying whatever is best off the marketboard (the good stuff seems super expensive). Is there something worthwhile to farm to get the gil to buy the stuff that I can do with crappy gear or should I look into the yellow scrip stuff?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
im still trying to figure out scholar. im not 50 yet (48) so i dont have lustrate which i think will smooth things out a lot for me

my gear might also be terrible, but it seems like tanks are consistently hovering around 50% for most of the dungeon. Granted i'm trying to heal as little as possible, but even when i do adlo it seems like it doesn't really DO that much. usually i bane big pulls and then drop a sacred soil and ignore the tank until they get super low, if it's a big pull i'll rouse WD but otherwise i feel like i'm not really DOING that much (other than making dungeons faster)

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013

mrfishstick posted:

So I finally finished leveling up the gathering jobs to cap and I'm trying to figure out if there is any real way to gear it up outside of just buying whatever is best off the marketboard (the good stuff seems super expensive). Is there something worthwhile to farm to get the gil to buy the stuff that I can do with crappy gear or should I look into the yellow scrip stuff?

Scrips. Do the weekly custom deliveries and get some cheap upgrades with the scrips they give.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

mrfishstick posted:

the yellow scrip 350 gear is very good and the only thing you can't farm with it is HQ of the highest rank stuff (evergleam, etc) so go with that, its easy to get with deliveries