Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Actually, the unrealistic expectations put on men by other men does horrible things to men's brains.

no dude gives a gently caress if you're 6' tall

the dick thing though absolutely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Anne Whateley posted:

Her partner of 3 years doesn't even want to have sex facing her!!!! because her breasts are too small for his taste. That is insane. She is not insane for feeling extremely weird because of it

Oh, wow, I must've skipped that... Jesus, that's legit disturbing. That's not "not attracted", that's like straight up disgust.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

no dude gives a gently caress if you're 6' tall

the dick thing though absolutely

It isn't individual dudes, it's the entire patriarchal system. It's all built on expectations for men to be tall, muscular, big dick, etc etc.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Miserable Maid posted:

Eh, you could use this argument in regards to guys with height/dick size. And we still make fun of them for a reason, like society has a big part to play of course, but you still have to figure stuff out and not let every insecurity ruin things

Dude, there's a huge, huge difference between guys feeling insecure over their dick size or height and women feeling insecure over literally anything in the world because girls are bombarded with unrealistic standards and expectations of beauty at every single turn in their lives. It's absolutely not a valid comparison between genders on so many levels. It's even worse for her self-esteem if a particular woman has an unconventional body type such as rail thin and little to no boobs like that dude's poor girlfriend... or doubly so if said girl's boyfriend insults her body and his lack of attraction to her face.

Also yeah, the facing away during sex thing is totally gross and insane. :cripes:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Dude, there's a huge, huge difference between guys feeling insecure over their dick size or height and women feeling insecure over literally anything in the world because girls are bombarded with unrealistic standards and expectations of beauty at every single turn in their lives. It's absolutely not a valid comparison between genders on so many levels. It's even worse for her self-esteem if a particular woman has an unconventional body type such as rail thin and little to no boobs like that dude's poor girlfriend... or doubly so if said girl's boyfriend insults her body and his lack of attraction to her face.

Also yeah, the facing away during sex thing is totally gross and insane. :cripes:

And, aside from the occasional size queen, the pressure on guys regarding dick size is from other guys. Women get it from literally from everyone about everything.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
"Ugh why are women so insecure about their bodies and need such constant reassurance? It's such a BOTHER"

"Also, she's not what I'd call typically attractive, like a 6 tops, her figure isn't much to sniff at and her face is ok but I still love her HEY HEY WHAT I'm just being honest!! Why would she be insecure about that???

Hmmm I wonder what causes these insecurities

Where could they possibly come from

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Mar 13, 2019

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

This is all true, but since society is terrible, people sometimes take this as a license to say that any guy who feels insecure about something must be some kind of pussy homo, which is part of the self-reinforcing nature of these ideas and expectations. It’s okay for the guy in the post to feel bad that he doesn’t meet his girlfriend’s physical ideals.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
I honestly don't blame the tindr guys for lying, it's the same concept as fibbing to get your foot in for a job interview, but it goes over just as well

Like if everyone is swiping past you bc you're apparently 5 inches too short to be an acceptable dude, but everything else about you they respond to, I would understand putting a fake height just to try and get the match and make it to the date and see if you can click

It sort of strikes me as something you don't point out during the date right to their loving face because we all know why they did it and either decide you like them enough despite it or decide it's a deal breaker that they lied about a physical characteristic in an attempt to meet people in this visually obsessed tech world

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
How tall is everybody here? Me? Oh I’m 6’

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
the dude not facing his gf during sex is a closet case who doesnt wanna see any titties or feminine facial feature and is making his beard feel like poo poo by putting her down.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
No no remember he's upset she DOESN'T have boobs. I'm honestly willing to bet he's said something insensitive to her in the past like how it makes her look like a kid or some poo poo

So obviously the solution is never to look at her during sex and then get upset when she doesn't feel attractive, WOMEN AMIRITE GUYS?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

therobit posted:

A real "do or die" proposition.

That's an "and" proposition.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

B-bs guy has been bothering me. Like when you have sex with someone not facing you, that's like prime spot for enjoying big b-bs.

I think this dude just isn't very good at sex.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

The gf should help out b-bs guy by putting a paper bag over his head. And then stealng his stuff before dumping him.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

mother in law suing my wife for "grandparent rights"

So today in the mail we received a letter from the county court of where my mother in law lives and she is suing us for "grandparent rights" a little back story.

*Courts based in upstate NY*

Over the last almost 8 years me and my wife have been together her parents always have despised me cause i was a punk city boy and my wife was a good country girl. We moved in after 6 months and have been happy together since. we got married back in 2015 so we are coming up on a 4 year anniversary and things got better for awhile until we bought our first house and i got a job where i started making a lot of money. me and my wife now live a very comfortable life nice cars house etc.

Back on thanksgiving of last year is when poo poo hit the fan. Her mother said some very hurtful stuff about me and my wife to my brother in laws girlfriend, my wife and her are very close so she tells her everything and once the beans were spilled my wife confronted her mother about it. Her mom made every excuse under the sun instead of just saying sorry she was wrong (we know she said it because there was text proof). We haven't talked to her only once or twice since thanksgiving.

Today we received a letter in the mail from her county court suing for grandparent rights everything i have read they can only sue if we are "unfit" to be parents. My wife and i don't have any alcohol, drug problems, or trouble with the law we have been happily married for almost 4 years and our kids are well taken care of no debt etc. We also never once stated ever she could not see the children not verbally or over text. We just sold our house yesterday expected close is early May and then we are moving to South Carolina this has been a plan for years and we finally acted on it back in December.

Does she have any ground to stand on? Does NY have any laws to that effect where they could force us to give them the kids for visitation? Can this stop our move from happening and screw up the sale of my house? Any advice is much appreciated.

​EDIT - thank you for EVERYONE who has commented on this post i am trying to read over them all and you guys are amazing i plan to consult a lawyer so we can not have this hiccup our plans to move, but holy crap i didn't expect these responses you people rock!

"grandparents rights" is the inverse of tree law. While tree law brings mirth and good cheer, grandparents rights is only a harbinger of despair.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
B-bs guy sounds like he just uses her as a human masturbation sleeve rather than has actual interactive and engaged sex with her, and doesn't understand why that's hosed

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

B-bs guy made an update on his own profile? where he basically said he had accepted the wisdom of the community, realized he was garbage, and would break up with her for her own good?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
What where? Dude you know you gotta :justpost: that tasty poo poo

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

StrangersInTheNight posted:

What where? Dude you know you gotta :justpost: that tasty poo poo

AITA: only update.

quote:

It’s been a few hours.. I thought I should explain myself a bit more. I don’t know where to write this, so I’ll put it here for now.

I’ll say this first; I didn’t expect for the post to blow up. I mainly posted to get “validation”, and just to vent since I’m not able to IRL. I’ve been reading through the replies and the more I read, the more it started to hit me. (The direct messages also.)

I mainly started to realize the magnitude of what I did when there were people that started to agree with me. When people started saying that my girlfriend should’ve expected that type of honesty, lightbulbs started to click in my head. I didn’t expect there would be people that agreed with me.

I know there’s quite a few people who are saying this is SHP, and pointing out flaws in my post. I’ll say that I wrote everything while I was tired and frustrated (I still am), and just wanted to get it out, so I’m aware not everything is coherent. I’m also aware people are assuming things about me and my GF’s relationship (but that’s what happens with things like this.)

I’m aware I screwed up. I’m very much aware. I already texted my girlfriend that I wanted to talk with her when she’s ready to. I‘m going to apologize to her in person, and talk this out. I came to realize that my honesty can be toxic, to the point where it hurts people I care about. I want to work on this from this moment forward.

Since I know people are going to ask; Yes, I’m debating about breaking up with her. Mainly for her sake. She really is a sweet woman, and she definitely didn’t deserve the psychological damage that this could have on her. Relationships are different, and hard. I chose one that I had an instinct wasn’t going to work in the end, and I still went with it. That’s on me.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to get it through to me. Although there were quite a few who were... very aggressive and hostile than they needed to be (esp. in the DM’s), thank you too.

This’ll most likely be my last post since this is an ALT account and I have really no intent on coming back. But still, thanks.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

No, you're right, I picked a bad story to springboard off, I guess I was playing devil's advocate kinda with regards to it being a terrible idea in general to ask about stuff like that (you will not be satisfied with the answer no matter what), but that dumbass guy is so beyond the pale that it's pretty obvious he constantly makes "jokes" about her body, and this was just the last straw.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

mother in law suing my wife for "grandparent rights"

So today in the mail we received a letter from the county court of where my mother in law lives and she is suing us for "grandparent rights" a little back story.

*Courts based in upstate NY*

Over the last almost 8 years me and my wife have been together her parents always have despised me cause i was a punk city boy and my wife was a good country girl. We moved in after 6 months and have been happy together since. we got married back in 2015 so we are coming up on a 4 year anniversary and things got better for awhile until we bought our first house and i got a job where i started making a lot of money. me and my wife now live a very comfortable life nice cars house etc.

Back on thanksgiving of last year is when poo poo hit the fan. Her mother said some very hurtful stuff about me and my wife to my brother in laws girlfriend, my wife and her are very close so she tells her everything and once the beans were spilled my wife confronted her mother about it. Her mom made every excuse under the sun instead of just saying sorry she was wrong (we know she said it because there was text proof). We haven't talked to her only once or twice since thanksgiving.

Today we received a letter in the mail from her county court suing for grandparent rights everything i have read they can only sue if we are "unfit" to be parents. My wife and i don't have any alcohol, drug problems, or trouble with the law we have been happily married for almost 4 years and our kids are well taken care of no debt etc. We also never once stated ever she could not see the children not verbally or over text. We just sold our house yesterday expected close is early May and then we are moving to South Carolina this has been a plan for years and we finally acted on it back in December.

Does she have any ground to stand on? Does NY have any laws to that effect where they could force us to give them the kids for visitation? Can this stop our move from happening and screw up the sale of my house? Any advice is much appreciated.

​EDIT - thank you for EVERYONE who has commented on this post i am trying to read over them all and you guys are amazing i plan to consult a lawyer so we can not have this hiccup our plans to move, but holy crap i didn't expect these responses you people rock!

"grandparents rights" is the inverse of tree law. While tree law brings mirth and good cheer, grandparents rights is only a harbinger of despair.

Check that assholes Reddit history. Grandparents may want to save the kids from chud parents.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

Check that assholes Reddit history. Grandparents may want to save the kids from chud parents.

He has 3 posted threads on reddit, 2 about this situation and one about his PC. What did you find that was so concerning you think his rights as a parent to control who his children spend time with should be monkeyed with?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

therobit posted:

He has 3 posted threads on reddit, 2 about this situation and one about his PC. What did you find that was so concerning you think his rights as a parent to control who his children spend time with should be monkeyed with?

Well he posts on reddit and furthermore,

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

quote:

i love tucker carlson he is one of the most blunt people in media and says it how it is. he must be doing something right like telling the truth.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
My wife hasn't talked to most of her family (especially her parents) since late October. I told her now is the perfect time to look into donor eggs or something to really stick it to her parents. I think it would be pretty funny that the only grandchild they'd ever get is just a few miles away and they weren't allowed to visit.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Tale as old as time.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

MarcusSA posted:

Well he posts on reddit and furthermore,

I thought SCOTUS shot down grandparents' right a few years ago.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Haifisch posted:

Tale as old as time.

Nice goalpost-moving there on the second one.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
AITA she took back her “yes”
rear end in a top hat

My girlfriend (I guess ex girlfriend now) and I went on a cruise together and I decided to propose. I set it up at the end of a show with a photographer and everything and popped the question and she said yes! I was so elated, on cloud nine, it was like a dream. We got champagne and took pictures and then went back to the room and she dropped the ball on me— she didn’t want to actually marry me.

I was so horribly broken in that moment. I cried and asked why she would lead me on like this, and she got upset and said it was my fault for planning a public proposal without discussing engagement with her first. She said we were moving too quickly and she wasn’t ready. I told her she should have told me so instead of getting my hopes up and shattering them later. She refused to listen or agree. I ended our relationship right then because I can’t overlook such insensitivity like this. AITA or is she?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Turtlicious posted:

rear end in a top hat

My girlfriend (I guess ex girlfriend now) and I went on a cruise together and I decided to propose. I set it up at the end of a show with a photographer and everything and popped the question and she said yes! I was so elated, on cloud nine, it was like a dream. We got champagne and took pictures and then went back to the room and she dropped the ball on me— she didn’t want to actually marry me.

I was so horribly broken in that moment. I cried and asked why she would lead me on like this, and she got upset and said it was my fault for planning a public proposal without discussing engagement with her first. She said we were moving too quickly and she wasn’t ready. I told her she should have told me so instead of getting my hopes up and shattering them later. She refused to listen or agree. I ended our relationship right then because I can’t overlook such insensitivity like this. AITA or is she?

You do not make public proposals, what the hell dude. It's putting someone on the spot in a situation where they feel they can't say no, like it happened in this case. Just ask someone in private.

Also, it's important to note the "she said we were moving too quickly", there's a big difference between "I don't want to marry you yet" and "I don't want to marry you ever".

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Turtlicious posted:

Straight outta mediocre buddy comedy 'The Night Before' (which should be required watching for some guys considering the surprise public proposal).

'I only said yes because you had Miley Cyrus and like 500 people pressuring me to say yes' or somewhere about that. That sorta thing oughta be discussed, even if in hypotheticals.

I'm probably not getting proposed to anytime soon, but at one point I told my BF 'if you try to propose to me in public, I would punch you in the mouth'.

Other hand, one of my best friends loves being the center of attention and big grand gestures, so she was thrilled when her husband did the ol' 'Will you marry me B?' on the Jumbotron at a Sox game.

Gotta know your audience.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

quote:

AITA for demanding higher pay than a disabled colleague of mine?

This morning, I found out that my co-worker and I have the same salary. My co-worker has a physical disability that affects her productivity, to a degree that is obvious to everyone in the office. This morning, I discovered that her salary is the same as mine.

I was a bit upset because I’m way more productive and have only had outstanding evaluations. I started researching wage parity laws and discovered that up in Washington state their legislature just passed a wage parity law for workers with mental and physical disabilities. I think this is a bad idea for so many reasons, but the important thing is my state isn’t bound by this bad policy (yet). At least none that I could find.

So I met with my boss this afternoon and requested a higher salary. He said he understands my frustration and he’ll discuss the issue with HR. I told him my main issue is that I want my compensation to be reflective of my work and if it means either I get a raise or she (the disabled worker) gets a pay reduction, I’m ok with it. Obviously I don’t wish my co-worker ill will and prefer it to be a raise for me. I talked to my sister about this and she told me I was being an rear end. She’s kind of PC. I really don’t feel that’s the case. I want my salary to reflect my value to the company and that is not too much to ask. Am I right?
Look if you can't give me a raise at least lower the cripple's wages. They're not fully a person remember.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Pirate Radar posted:

This is all true, but since society is terrible, people sometimes take this as a license to say that any guy who feels insecure about something must be some kind of pussy homo, which is part of the self-reinforcing nature of these ideas and expectations. It’s okay for the guy in the post to feel bad that he doesn’t meet his girlfriend’s physical ideals.

Yeah, that isn't fair to imply guys can't feel insecure about anything, and is absolutely toxic af. Seriously, how is that not toxic af?

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Darkhold posted:

AITA for demanding higher pay than a disabled colleague of mine?

I told him my main issue is that I want my compensation to be reflective of my work and if it means either I get a raise or she (the disabled worker) gets a pay reduction, I’m ok with it.

He's not an rear end in a top hat, he's a giant bag of feces wrapped in skin and molded into the shape of a human being.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if I broke up with my boyfriend because he told me my boobs weren’t big enough?

So my boyfriend is very touchy in person and that’s fine, but I was thinking about it and he just never asks me for nudes or anything, not that it’s a problem, it’s just expected from boys. So I asked him why and he told me he has “needs” and I don’t fit them. Meaning big breasts. We later got into a fight about it and he began to insult me when I told him it made me upset that he doesn’t think I’m good enough. He told me to “eat more” and that he wished I had bigger tits. He’s now apologized and said he’d never do it again. But I just feel so incredibly insecure because of this. Should I just move past it or break it off?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
In order to be completely fair, they should make that guy a disabled person too. Then the wages would be 100% fair and equal

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my girlfriend to shut up during sex?

So last week me (24M)and my girlfriend (22F) getting it on in the bedroom and it was great and all but... she would not just stop talking it really ruined the experience for me and eventually I asked her if she could be quiet and you know what happened? She literally got off top, put on her clothes and left. She texted me the next day saying that I should be willing to listen to her no matter what situation were in. I feel kind of bad and maybe I should of said something else or maybe even listened but idk what do you guys think AITA?

Edit: a lot of you guys are asking me what she was talking about She talks about everything from how her day went to how good the sex feels and everything in between and it ruins the sex for me and I just had to ask for her to be quiet.

Another Edit lol: no I didn’t tell her to shut up I asked if she could be quiet in a half annoyed half calm voice if that makes sense.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Shnag posted:

Yeah, that isn't fair to imply guys can't feel insecure about anything, and is absolutely toxic af. Seriously, how is that not toxic af?

Because it lets me attack the people I don't like and/or people I see as inferiors so I can look better in comparison.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Mar 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Arrested for trespassing at my work when I was just getting coffee and checking my schedule. (NC)

So I worked at a gas station for about a month and I went into the store one morning to get some coffee and check my schedule. My store is very short staffed and we will have people from other stores come into to work some shifts. On that day the girl working was someone I had never seen before. I went to go get a coffee and walk out when the girl said I had to pay for the coffee, I explained to her that I was an employee there and even showed her my name on the schedule, but she insisted I pay. Two cops came in coincidentally and she told them the situation, they took me outside to talk to me about it and after I explain my side of the situation told me to put my hands behind my back while they looked into it. Out of confusion I simply turned to face him and said "what why?" and I poo poo you not the other cop with him slams me to the ground and arrests me, then they bring me to jail with the charges of trespassing and resisting arrest....

​I literally can not afford a lawyer to save my life right now, what are my options.

I mean seriously I got trespassing at my WORKPLACE. I was on payroll, the schedule and everything.

They didn't even charge me for "stealing the coffee" just slapped me with trespassing and resisting, while also bruising me up and consiquentally getting fired from my job because the situation looked bad to the managers and i was forced to miss my shift that day.

Please help!!!

Edit: And by the way I know the cop did not read me my miranda rights. He threw me to the ground and said "Yea now you're going to jail kid" and threw me into the car.