Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... The Battle for Brexit

Man, this is going to age beautifully, I can already tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lubchansky appears to have emerged from the dark pits of despair :unsmith:

The Important Pundit in: Silent Horror

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

loquacius posted:

The Important Pundit in: Silent Horror

Literally, Ted Rall.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... The Battle for Brexit

May's fellow Tories are vultures. AGC.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

I dont know posted:

Literally, Ted Rall.

Actually it's literally Jesse Singal.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

felch me daddy jr. posted:

Actually it's literally Jesse Singal.

Actually it's Michael "Murdered by Maxine Waters" Tracey.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

sheep-dodger posted:

Actually it's Michael "Murdered by Maxine Waters" Tracey.

Can't tell if joking or if not familiar with the situation, but no, it's literally Jesse Singal.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

It’s a metaphorical stand in for every New York Times/Washington Post op ed writer, who are all universally worthless and bad.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

@dril said it best:

quote:

"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Jen Sorenson's Field Guide to Bad-Faith Social Justice Activists

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Besesoth posted:

Can't tell if joking or if not familiar with the situation, but no, it's literally Jesse Singal.

Yes, but it could figuratively be any number of people.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I dunno, Lubchansky claims otherwise :v:

https://twitter.com/Lubchansky/status/1105863959675129856

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Mordaedil posted:

Rall is paid by the Russian government, their goal is to sow dissent by creating opposing arguments.

See the old CGP Grey video concerning internet arguments called "this video will make you angry".

Why is it that since he is paid by a Russian government publication that people assume he's playing like twelve dimensional chess or something? As far as I can tell he's always been like this regardless of who his money was coming from.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

He’s having a Very Normal One.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pants Donkey posted:

Nothing like responding to being perceived as being a big baby by threatening to castrate someone else.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
I imagine Rall is being paid for the same reason Jonathan Pie got offered money by the UK branch of Russia Today, they were already saying things they liked so they wanted to give them money to make sure they'd keep doing that.

Pants Donkey posted:

I like how he implicitly admits he considers making a funny image of him the same thing as mutilating him.

Clerical Terrors fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 13, 2019

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Pants Donkey posted:

He mad.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Wether he picked it ironically or not, it's pretty telling as to the kind of person he is that he picked Flip from Bojack Horseman as his avatar.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Hey remember when Gary McCoy drew that thing and then went "weird that you think the fat, ugly woman in a Georgetown sweater I drew is Sandra Fluke, when my next comic calling her 'Sandra' hasn't even been published yet"? Don't know why I would think of that now

EDIT

Pants Donkey posted:

I withdraw my comment.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I'm disappointed in the lack of *LATEST FAD

On the other hand, CASSETTES!

No idea what this one's about.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Clerical Terrors posted:

I imagine Rall is being paid for the same reason Jonathan Pie got offered money by the UK branch of Russia Today, they were already saying things they liked so they wanted to give them money to make sure they'd keep doing that.

I like how he implicitly admits he considers making a funny image of him the same thing as mutilating him.

Tbf the thing he originally got mad about was Lubchansky responding to something dumb he said by tweeting "get Jesse Singal fired from every publication in existence challenge 2019", which, yes, is actually still an incredibly dumb thing to get mad about and not even remotely close to a justification for "now, let's just hypothetically say some hypothetical person were to *ahem* tell their Internet followers to castrate Matt Lubchansky" considering it was a casual shitpost that wasn't even meant for Singal to read it, let alone be somehow intimidated by it

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

loquacius posted:

Tbf the thing he originally got mad about was Lubchansky responding to something dumb he said by tweeting "get Jesse Singal fired from every publication in existence challenge 2019", which, yes, is actually still an incredibly dumb thing to get mad about and not even remotely close to a justification for "now, let's just hypothetically say some hypothetical person were to *ahem* tell their Internet followers to castrate Matt Lubchansky" considering it was a casual shitpost that wasn't even meant for Singal to read it, let alone be somehow intimidated by it

I think Jesse's done a good job proving why it's an important goal, though, and if he keeps this up he'll be doing his part to actualize it.

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

there wolf posted:

What if Sputnik International is pulling a Stonetoss and making Rall put out more agreeable work in order to bring more people in and soften them up for his lovely contrarian do-nothing toons?

those dastardly russians! how dare they make the worst political cartoonist in america improve his work? will the unspeakable villainy of rossiya sevodnya know no end?

seriously, if this was some sort of honeypot, it still wouldn't work. unsuspecting americans, lured in by his last few decent cartoons, would take a look at his older, contrarian cartoons (or god forbid, 2024) and come to the conculsion that rall is an insufferable hack with no artistic talent, just they way they would have before he slightly improved.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Branco with the completely unexpected Abolish ICE take :eyepop:

quote:

Uh Mike

(a) the scandal is about bribing university officials to gain admission, not to graduate
and
(b) if you have a medical degree, you are a doctor, that's literally what the title means :confused:

tfw u don't actually know anything about a talking point but still really want to make your voice heard

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

GoluboiOgon posted:

those dastardly russians! how dare they make the worst political cartoonist in america improve his work? will the unspeakable villainy of rossiya sevodnya know no end?

seriously, if this was some sort of honeypot, it still wouldn't work. unsuspecting americans, lured in by his last few decent cartoons, would take a look at his older, contrarian cartoons (or god forbid, 2024) and come to the conculsion that rall is an insufferable hack with no artistic talent, just they way they would have before he slightly improved.

Also Stonetoss has the benefit of seeming innocuous at a glance, whereas Rallart is atrocious at any dosage.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

loquacius posted:

Branco with the completely unexpected Abolish ICE take :eyepop:

Uh Mike

(a) the scandal is about bribing university officials to gain admission, not to graduate
and
(b) if you have a medical degree, you are a doctor, that's literally what the title means :confused:

tfw u don't actually know anything about a talking point but still really want to make your voice heard
It’s an exaggeration for comedic effect. C’mon. Also, would you even be surprised if wealthy families bribed schools to pass their brats?

Although they’re all gonna emphasis celebrities instead of the important part (rich).

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Clerical Terrors posted:

This is the most reasonable answer, but its always worth pointing out who's funding these things. He doesn't have to be a puppet to support their agenda.

GoluboiOgon posted:

unsuspecting americans, lured in by his last few decent cartoons, would take a look at his older, contrarian cartoons (or god forbid, 2024) and come to the conculsion that rall is an insufferable hack with no artistic talent, just they way they would have before he slightly improved.

Pffft people read Branco and Dry Bones. Nobody's going to look back at anything.

itskage fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 13, 2019

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Clerical Terrors posted:

It’s this. Russian money doesn’t make you an rear end in a top hat. The Russians just seek out assholes to give money to.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Sandpuppy posted:

I can't figure it out either. For years we had Michelle "secretly has a penis" Obama force-feeding our kids lettuce to try to curb the freemarket-ordained obesity epidemic in America, and now the government is cracking down on body shaming to enable unhealthy diets? They can't be implying Trump is behind that because no one body shames despite having a disgusting body more than Trump.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Lightning Knight posted:

It’s this. Russian money doesn’t make you an rear end in a top hat. The Russians just seek out assholes to give money to.

Dear Putin,

I'm willing to be Russia's Blair White for $10k a month, call me.

Yours,

An rear end in a top hat

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Sandpuppy posted:

I think it's Payne trying to be honest about "Republicans scream and cry about the deficit, but actually submit budgets that are also incredibly bloated and bad"

Though, the Trump budget isn't actually that bad about the deficit, it's just that it cuts the deficit by destroying Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security, so it's an incredibly stupid take

edit:

davebo posted:

I can't figure it out either. For years we had Michelle "secretly has a penis" Obama force-feeding our kids lettuce to try to curb the freemarket-ordained obesity epidemic in America, and now the government is cracking down on body shaming to enable unhealthy diets? They can't be implying Trump is behind that because no one body shames despite having a disgusting body more than Trump.

It's using weight-loss as a metaphor: because the GOP tends to scream about the need to reduce deficits, but then runs up the deficit because it can't control spending and cuts taxes, it's like they're actually very much in favor of being fat and stupid and useless

Though now that I re-look at it, I misinterpreted the shirt as being "FOR body-shaming" which means I guess it's just A THING HAPPENED over Trump's gigantic budget

skeleton warrior fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 13, 2019

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

T-man posted:

Dear Putin,

I'm willing to be Russia's Blair White for $10k a month, call me.

Yours,

An rear end in a top hat

I mean yeah you could probably get in on that poo poo, but they probably don’t pay out as much as #resistance twitter thinks they do. You’d make more money off the homegrown grift.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

skeleton warrior posted:

It's using weight-loss as a metaphor:

Alright I guess that works. Combination of 8 years of bitching about health food and a reliance on political cartoonists slapping DEBT clearly on things and not expecting nuance.

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

I mean yeah you could probably get in on that poo poo, but they probably don’t pay out as much as #resistance twitter thinks they do. You’d make more money off the homegrown grift.

I'm sure you make more money at Fox or Heritage than submitting cartoons for Sputnik, yeah.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Hunt11 posted:

Nothing like responding to being perceived as being a big baby by threatening to castrate someone else.

Threatening to chop off someone's balls is a particularly tone-deaf response when accused of transphobia.

Clerical Terrors posted:

Or Donald Trump, for that matter.

there wolf posted:

What if Sputnik International is pulling a Stonetoss and making Rall put out more agreeable work in order to bring more people in and soften them up for his lovely contrarian do-nothing toons?

This is a stretch, though. I'm sure someone is watching Rall, but I doubt they're micromanaging to that extent.

davebo posted:

Alright I guess that works. Combination of 8 years of bitching about health food and a reliance on political cartoonists slapping DEBT clearly on things and not expecting nuance.

Was it Lester who showed the fat woman eating cake labeled "civil liberties?" That was my first thought on seeing this.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Jesse Singal is loving scum.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Paying chuds who keep people squabbling with each other of their own accord is easier and less implicating than trying to micromanage them into repeating your propaganda without getting caught.

mountaincat
May 8, 2017

The first part is about sand-
wiches. The second part is
about morality.

The South Dakota governor wants to pass legislation which would allow the state to sue protesters of the proposed Keystone XL pipeline. The existing Keystone pipeline just had a major leak. But it seems like the only time the American tribes get mentioned is when somebody wants to mock Elizabeth Warren.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Jurgan posted:

Threatening to chop off someone's balls is a particularly tone-deaf response when accused of transphobia.
Yeah, was about to say this. Singal could have chosen any kind of violent threat for his incredibly stupid and obviously furious tweet but he specifically talked about mutilating genitals, so great job, definitely not a transphobe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MixMastaTJ
Dec 14, 2017

mountaincat posted:

The South Dakota governor wants to pass legislation which would allow the state to sue protesters of the proposed Keystone XL pipeline. The existing Keystone pipeline just had a major leak. But it seems like the only time the American tribes get mentioned is when somebody wants to mock Elizabeth Warren.

Well, I'm sure there was outrage in the streets by the right for a government censoring people's first amendment rights.

Or does it just apply to MAGA hats?