Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

mdemone posted:

No it's vowels.

Melania

Melanie

Melanii

Melanio

Melaniu

MGS2 predicts the future once again, incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1105838237975801857?s=19

"....on the numerous occasions that i did crimes even while in prison for said crimes im sorry i did those crimes as well"

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

So this is...what, an $11 million dollar fine?

that's probably either two or three properties seized, actually

worth remembering that fines, forfeitures, and restitution are all different. for instance, manafort was only fined $50,000 in EDVA but he was also ordered millions in restitution to the banks he cheated and the IRS

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

This is definitely what we're dealing with here

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
He mad.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1105834434962571265

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

eke out posted:

I cant find a source but apparently his family gets to keep two houses and some investment account.

Caros
May 14, 2008

cr0y posted:

"....on the numerous occasions that i did crimes even while in prison for said crimes im sorry i did those crimes as well"

Mr. Manafort, are you committing crimes right now?

*Manafort with his pen hovering over a forged loan application*... No?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

cr0y posted:

I cant find a source but apparently his family gets to keep two houses and some investment account.

that was basically the arrangement in the plea deal he made, which no longer exists.

realistically they won't order every single property forfeited but he's only got a couple left (that we know of)

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I cannot wait to read secondhand accounts of how thoroughly unconvincing Manafort is during his apology

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

Guze posted:

Melanif

:hek: That's terrific. Thank you.

eke out posted:

Isn't 11 million basically like, half his wardrobe of ostrich vests and poo poo? He's incredibly well-connected, so that kind of fine is basically a slap on the wrist.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Melania was never real. We’ll find out she’s a robot that needs to get repaired so they swap out the model every once in awhile.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

mdemone posted:

No it's vowels.

Melania

Melanie

Melanii

Melanio

Melaniu

And sometimes Melaniy

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

bobjr posted:

Melania was never real. We’ll find out she’s a robot that needs to get repaired so they swap out the model every once in awhile.

The Melania 6 replicant.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Ershalim posted:

:hek: That's terrific. Thank you.

Isn't 11 million basically like, half his wardrobe of ostrich vests and poo poo? He's incredibly well-connected, so that kind of fine is basically a slap on the wrist.

no

manafort doesn't have assets that aren't part of his illegal scheme. he had to do a decade's worth of bank and tax fraud just to get dark, illegal foreign money into usable forms to spend in america, and he's already lost some 50ish million in assets between the cases so far

the insane ostrich vest poo poo is actually representative of these problems. he bought ludicrous stuff like that not because he was wearing it, but because it's a reasonable store of value you can re-sell later

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

eke out posted:

no

manafort doesn't have assets that aren't part of his illegal scheme. he had to do a decade's worth of bank and tax fraud just to get dark, illegal foreign money into usable forms to spend in america, and he's already lost some 50ish million in assets between the cases so far

I stand corrected. I feel better that he's destitute, if not in prison for life. gently caress that guy.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/FrenettMarco/status/1105840208317214720

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

If shes really for Being Best does she delete her save file at the end of Automata?

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

cr0y posted:

"I am truly sorry and promise I will never get caught again."

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Did they just finger (ew) Trump?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

zenguitarman posted:

MGS2 predicts the future once again, incredible

Melanilulelo

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

I'm holding off until we get Melan Switch DX.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

Did they just finger (ew) Trump?

this person is probably inartfully repeating the discussion about the FARA people in previous administrations supposedly knowing about manafort's dealings. non-enforcement is part of Downing's "it wasn't like, REALLY a crime" argument

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Lol nobody loving photoshopped any of those photos.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Woops

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Did he uh, think that was going to exonerate him somehow? Because it's just implicating Trump, which is awesome and also lol there goes his chance of pardon.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

pacerhimself posted:

Lol nobody loving photoshopped any of those photos.

He agrees it doesn't look like Melania, thus confirming a double as we all suspected.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Oh hey, that's really cool

Although something kinda important is the distinction between protections for sexual orientation vs protections for sexual orientation AND gender identity since sexual orientation alone does not protect trans people

edit: although apparently Minnesota's 1993 law included both, so nevermind

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

ReidRansom posted:

Did he uh, think that was going to exonerate him somehow? Because it's just implicating Trump, which is awesome and also lol there goes his chance of pardon.
"I told the government and they seemed fine with it" is actually a defense that has worked in federal court.

Usually it's more in cases where an agency told someone to do some illegal poo poo, got caught, and then prosecuted the fall guy to save face.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/stevenportnoy/status/1105842714770395136
https://mobile.twitter.com/stevenportnoy/status/1105843038201540611

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I have not yet reached my final criminal form. Jail would not be good for my growth.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Those weren’t your core values then jackass.

Your core value is money.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/stevenportnoy/status/1105843731935252481

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

spunkshui posted:

Those weren’t your core values then jackass.

Your core value is money.

his core value is crimes

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

reminder that the kind of cushy administrative segregation Paul Manafort has enjoyed is literally nothing at all like solitary confinement, except for the part about not being around other prisoners.

no matter how often conservatives (and greenwaldian russiagate "skeptics") claim it is

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
If he's trying to sell the sympathy angle this hard it's because he knows that Jackson is much, much less likely to buy it than Ellis did. God, I hope she throws the loving book at him anyway.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Man this poo poo is some super distilled white privilege.

I’m super sorry

I already lost so much please don’t put me in a cage

Isn’t that enough guys cmon?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
If he had never gotten caught, he'd be out criming literally right at this very moment.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

20 min recess called

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Please take him from his wife for his wife's sake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005