Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

packetmantis posted:

She and Tina Fey are both awful and need to stop inserting themselves everywhere.

Let me guess: women aren’t funny? Or do you have some specific thing about the two of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
They should smile more.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Phlegmish posted:

Good sir, the text does not support your tiddy interpretation

:thejoke:

Also, I think I might have gone wrong because the first time I heard the song was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyTTX6Wlf1Y, and I still hear it as "trouble" there.

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 04:41 on Mar 10, 2019

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Organza Quiz posted:

Looks pretty clearly like someone's pre-cut it like that in that one?

I mean not that I'm not definitely gonna buy some pineapple tomorrow and try it. Worst case scenario I have pineapple to eat.

Pineapple plants are in the bromeliad family and when they flower they produce a cluster of dozens and dozens of thin pointy fruits which eventually merge together to form what we call a pineapple.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

beefnoodle posted:

Let me guess: women aren’t funny? Or do you have some specific thing about the two of them?

lol

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

beefnoodle posted:

Ladies, is this goon bothering you?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Pineapple plants are in the bromeliad family and when they flower they produce a cluster of dozens and dozens of thin pointy fruits which eventually merge together to form what we call a pineapple.

At what point is a pineapple considered ripe, anyway? I have never in my life encountered a pineapple in the grocery store as yellow/orange as the last two, but they've still been delicious.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Rollersnake posted:

At what point is a pineapple considered ripe, anyway? I have never in my life encountered a pineapple in the grocery store as yellow/orange as the last two, but they've still been delicious.

Once they get that ripe they're softer and harder to transport.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

beefnoodle posted:

I'm a woman, jackass. They're both lovely centrists and the "sheetcaking" thing really pissed me off. Also I don't find cringe humor funny at all so that just automatically rules out anything they do.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

packetmantis posted:

I'm a woman, jackass. They're both lovely centrists and the "sheetcaking" thing really pissed me off. Also I don't find cringe humor funny at all so that just automatically rules out anything they do.

I love them both but I watched Baby Mama for the first time the other day and god it sucked.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

packetmantis posted:

Clearly you're a porpoise.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

beefnoodle posted:

Aren't we all.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

purple death ray posted:

Aren't we all.

Wait, are we all porpoises here? Who the gently caress are trying to infiltrate then?

relevant Olgaf

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

beefnoodle posted:

If they get angry you should consider your reasons for taking part in this conversation, you don't want to be posting at cross porpoises.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Artichokes are like six times larger than I thought they were. I've eaten them many times, but they were served already chopped up. I just saw some fresh artichokes at the grocery store (they aren't commonly available fresh here) and it totally blew my mind.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.
The most edible part is the heart, which is very small. The leaves do have a fleshy bit at the base that can be scraped off but a mature artichoke is, like, 80% inedible matter.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah the first time I saw whole artichokes I was like "this is inedible, what the gently caress"

dumb bunny
Jan 30, 2014

Fun Shoe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

what the gently caress

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
I just learned that pineapples grow at ground level. I'd always assumed they were up in trees like coconuts.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

EdwardSwifferhands posted:

I just learned that pineapples grow at ground level. I'd always assumed they were up in trees like coconuts.

It's not that hard to grow one yourself. You can more or less just cut the top off of a store bought pineapple, plant it in a pot, and wait a few years.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

EdwardSwifferhands posted:

Same. Since apples grow on trees and I associate “pine” with trees (even though pine trees obviously don’t exist where pineapples are found) it would make sense that a pineapple grows on a tree.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

(even though pine trees obviously don’t exist where pineapples are found)

They grow pineapples in Northern India and there are pine tree forests in India so... :wrong:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I don’t want to spoil it but no matter how many you already know, there are a million common fruits and veggies that grow way different from how you assumed.

Peanuts are not even nuts. They’re seeds of a bean. You grow them like beans.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I don’t want to spoil it but no matter how many you already know, there are a million common fruits and veggies that grow way different from how you assumed.

Peanuts are not even nuts. They’re seeds of a bean. You grow them like beans.

Or ‘groundnuts’.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Groundbeans.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Peanuts being beans, they belong in chili, yes?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

mng posted:

Peanuts being beans, they belong in chili, yes?

Smoky Peanut Butter Chili

Spicy Peanut Chicken Chili

Some people think so.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

That's nuts! I mean beans.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

my parents brought home a "Monstera deliciosa" fruit from Madeira a couple weeks ago and apparently when its ripe you peel it the same way as that up there pineapple and it gives me the greeps

also called a pineapple-banana or something, cause it both looks and tastes a bit like both, like some unholy hybrid

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Krankenstyle posted:

my parents brought home a "Monstera deliciosa" fruit from Madeira a couple weeks ago and apparently when its ripe you peel it the same way as that up there pineapple and it gives me the greeps

also called a pineapple-banana or something, cause it both looks and tastes a bit like both, like some unholy hybrid

got these growing in the backyard, they're deliciosa alright

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Krankenstyle posted:

Looks like some kind of weird-rear end alien corn. I wanna try it.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
That doesn't trigger my trypophoboa, but I'd still rather not be in the same room as it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Queen Combat posted:

That doesn't trigger my trypophoboa, but I'd still rather not be in the same room as it.

Yeah for me it's just a vague discomfort, really. It helps if I think of it as a big immature pinecone lol

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It looks like Treebeard's dick if plants could get STDs

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Credit and debit cards have raised numbers, because the old machines used to run them took an imprint of those numbers.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Rollersnake posted:

The general rule I learned was, if you pull on one of the leaves up top, and it comes out easily, it’s ripe.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Leavemywife posted:

Credit and debit cards have raised numbers, because the old machines used to run them took an imprint of those numbers.

yep, i had to haul that machine out whenever the pos system went down.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Leavemywife posted:

They can still be processed this way if the place you work uses them as an offline backup :eng101:

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I did not know that!

However, it took me longer than I'd like to admit that "pos" stood for point of sales, than piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Leavemywife posted:

I did not know that!

However, it took me longer than I'd like to admit that "pos" stood for point of sales, than piece of poo poo.

You're still pretty on point in that most of those terminals are hot garbage.