Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

food court bailiff posted:

...What did they change about the DG flail in the FAQ? That's another thing that was mincing my poor Wyches up but at least in that instance I could keep throwing bodies at it from charges for a while.

It was originally 2 damage, they FAQ'd it to 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
More traitor guard sculpts on the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRqX4y4qykE

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
All those detailed CAD files just for a board game, eh? Sure.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

I've played nine games of Kill Team across three tournaments in the last week and a half. Life is good. Arena is good.

How the hell can I deal with those death watch guys with the big scary guns that essentially autohit within a certain range? They're basically unchargeable without getting pasted and with their saves I can pretty much only semi-reliably kill them with a dark lance (one shot, and if they shoot first or I don't manage to kill them they're going to splatter the Kabalite Gunner with the lance).

Comms with a blaster buffing a DL sniper. You get 2 chances to blick them. Hopefully dice are on your side.

Otherwise, charging around a corner with a wych so you can't get overwatched works. Or hit him with a phantasm grenade and use the tactic for mortals.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Stephenls posted:

They all get 40k and most get Kill Team rules, too.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

evol262 posted:

Comms with a blaster buffing a DL sniper. You get 2 chances to blick them. Hopefully dice are on your side.

Hm. I've been running my Razorflail and Hydra Gauntlet wych fighters as combat and zealot, maybe I'll swap out the zealot for comms?

quote:

Otherwise, charging around a corner with a wych so you can't get overwatched works. Or hit him with a phantasm grenade and use the tactic for mortals.

I think I'd need to set it up so I could get two reliable charges around a corner so they can't use Close Combat Overwatch on both. Is the phantasm grenade stratagem ever really actually worth it? Isn't it 2cp?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Inspector_666 posted:

They all get 40k and most get Kill Team rules, too.

I suspect his beef is getting enough of those beautiful sculpts to actually make an army.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Where did Khornissar Yarrick's hat go?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Stephenls posted:

I bet Blackstone sells better than some army ranges.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
What would be the best base scheme for a model that I would like to use for both BSF and 40K?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

koreban posted:

Where did Khornissar Yarrick's hat go?

Kharn took it.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Bring a plasma gun or 6 and you can easily handle a Deathwatch Kill Team

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

What is Blackstone Fortress? And how is Shadespear or whatever? I saw some guys playing something Warhammer-branded with modular hex boards (I think?) at the store last night but didn't have a chance to really check it out since I was busy getting my rear end kicked so bad, it looked pretty neat at a distance though.

e: I'm really glad 1k Sons are getting a KT box because I was literally agonizing over getting boxes of Rubric Marines and Tzaangors the other day

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 12, 2019

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

What is Blackstone Fortress? And how is Shadespear or whatever? I saw some guys playing something Warhammer-branded with modular hex boards (I think?) at the store last night but didn't have a chance to really check it out since I was busy getting my rear end kicked so bad, it looked pretty neat at a distance though.

Blackstone is Warhammer Quest but for 40k, supports play for 1-5 players as you play a bunch of mercenaries trying to strike it rich off salvaging a derelict Blackstone Fortress. Plays best as a multi week campaign.

Shadespire is fun, plays fast and tight. No list building since all teams are preset but you get to build your own deck of equipment, buffs, dirty tricks and victory conditions. If your store is anything like mine most people are happy to walk you through a game since the base box comes with two complete teams.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

Hm. I've been running my Razorflail and Hydra Gauntlet wych fighters as combat and zealot, maybe I'll swap out the zealot for comms?

Razorflails are always worse than shardnet and impaler. Drukhari really don't need the reroll to hit.

I gave up on KT until they fix it (maybe Arena is fixed, haven't had a chance to try it), but my team was something like:

Sybarite - blast pistol, pgl, and agonizer
Hekatrix zealot - agonizer
Kab Gunner - DL/sniper
Kab Gunner - blaster/comms
Wych fighter - shardnet
Wych fighter - gauntlets
Wych
Wych
Kab
Kab

Could always swap the troops, but the DL+blaster do work, as do the wyches with weapons. It's a mixed list, but play with it. 2CP for the PGL is 200% worth it to kill frag cannons, GK flamers, lictors, and other annoying stuff. Blow away blight launchers and admech snipers with your own, then fire and fade if you want.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

evol262 posted:

Razorflails are always worse than shardnet and impaler. Drukhari really don't need the reroll to hit.

This makes tons of sense and I've even been sitting there at the table thinking "well poo poo, with my combat drugs for this game I'm already hitting on 2s anyway" when trying to figure out how best to exploit the razorflail guy. It's a shame though because I really dig the way I painted them, kinda a blue gradient into magenta with a ton of metal medium to make it pretty.

quote:

I gave up on KT until they fix it (maybe Arena is fixed, haven't had a chance to try it), but my team was something like:

I am loving Arena. I have a shitload of terrain that I've 3d printed for myself and I'm very, very rarely going to get it to the table, because Arena is so rad.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
After the courier stopping dicking around my box of GSC stuff finally showed up. While I put together these very nice and expensive new character models, does anyone think I should build the heavy weapons squad with anything other than more mortars? For what it's worth I already have three, plus 2 autocannons, 1 lascannon and 1 missile launcher.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

xtothez posted:

After the courier stopping dicking around my box of GSC stuff finally showed up. While I put together these very nice and expensive new character models, does anyone think I should build the heavy weapons squad with anything other than more mortars? For what it's worth I already have three, plus 2 autocannons, 1 lascannon and 1 missile launcher.

Autocannons would be my only other choice out of the list. Mortars are just so cheap though and fill a semi-vital role in a solo GSC list.

Just magnetize them though, the boxes come with all the options, right?

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

This makes tons of sense and I've even been sitting there at the table thinking "well poo poo, with my combat drugs for this game I'm already hitting on 2s anyway" when trying to figure out how best to exploit the razorflail guy. It's a shame though because I really dig the way I painted them, kinda a blue gradient into magenta with a ton of metal medium to make it pretty.
That's really the issue. It's only a choice between "do I want that sweet reroll to wound or having them make 2 injury rolls?"

I am loving Arena. I have a shitload of terrain that I've 3d printed for myself and I'm very, very rarely going to get it to the table, because Arena is so rad.

My printer is almost constantly running off either infinity or 40k terrain after my friends back home and brother got a chance to ask me "where did all this come from? $50 of PLA and 3 weeks?"

The shop near me hasn't picked up Arena yet, but I'm waiting. I'd rather okay 40k if I have more time and infinity as a skirmish game, but KT matches are easy and quick. If they'd unbreak chaos somehow, I might okay for fun, but the FAQ/commanders expansion killed it locally, and the GW skirmish guys went back to Necromunda, where everything is busted instead of just DG and DW (I know Necrons, TSons, and others do ok, but it was a strong Eldar/Chaos/SM meta and everyone felt left out)

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

PierreTheMime posted:

Autocannons would be my only other choice out of the list. Mortars are just so cheap though and fill a semi-vital role in a solo GSC list.

Las cannons to hide in a ablative wounds brood brothers squad might be viable or something, but probably not. Who knows what's going to happen with points and stuff though, I think magnetizing for everything is a reasonable enough long term investment. Could just buy more if heavy bolters are suddenly the best thing, but simply storing 9 x (each weapon option) is too much for me. With a little gluing of rocks and greenstuff instead of the bi-/tripod and a couple of boxes of extra guardsmen and bases, you could totally make three bases for all the weapon options, out of a heavy weapons squad box, if you don't mind storing all of them.

Each box has all the options and magnetizing is totally doable, but really fiddly my least favorite kit since I did it. I ended up just using the 'low' tripod and doing some kinda ugly homemade sprue/greenstuff construction so to extend the mortar support thing and glue a magnet to it. You also have take the dude with the 'hold the gun-grips' hand position into account, who is different from the mortar guy. So, you either have to live with it looking a little stupid, or magnetize one of the dudes as well (knee to base works) and switch out the other guy for when using mortars. Alternatively, and this is what I would have done, had I thought about it, is just to use a different set of arms from somewhere. So, the base is just a dude holding the binoculars and a guy holding a normal las-rifle, instead of trying to switch out the mortar guy for the gun-grip guy and so on. Looks fine without a guy holding the grips imo.

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 13, 2019

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Is there some trick to getting into the Discord? I sent a PM on SA and I"m still not in.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

evol262 posted:

The shop near me hasn't picked up Arena yet, but I'm waiting. I'd rather okay 40k if I have more time and infinity as a skirmish game, but KT matches are easy and quick. If they'd unbreak chaos somehow, I might okay for fun, but the FAQ/commanders expansion killed it locally, and the GW skirmish guys went back to Necromunda, where everything is busted instead of just DG and DW (I know Necrons, TSons, and others do ok, but it was a strong Eldar/Chaos/SM meta and everyone felt left out)

In Arena DG and DW are much less busted and Chaos and Eldar are actually quite good. You don't win by killing, you win by taking objectives (killing is still useful though) and fast factions or factions that can bring a mix of killers and objective holders/door openers are quite solid.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

PierreTheMime posted:

Yeah normally I magnetise lots of models, but for the reasons Revelation 2-13 pointed out it seems like such a chore to do with this kit due to all the possible combinations. Especially on a ~40pt unit.

However I did have a moment of inspiration. Currently I own 26 Neophytes, which is an weird number and only has enough special/heavy weapons for one squad. For now I can build the weapon teams with autocannons to shore up my ranged anti-armour options. Then at some point later on I can pick up another box of Neophytes; use four to round out my squads with better weapon choices, and use the other six to make mortar teams. My other three mortar teams were already built using spare Neophyte passengers from the Goliath kit so the army will look consistent; miners with makeshift mortars and Brood Brothers with heavier weapons.

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What would be the best base scheme for a model that I would like to use for both BSF and 40K?

Something nice and dark and desaturated, I'd say. Colors on the cooler side to mesh with the BSF mood, but not quite the black glass that would stand out on the average 40k table. Rubble and grit, patches of cool grey/green/tan, light drybrush with Rakarth Flesh or something, wash?

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.
Hey, you know how we're all like 'gently caress dakkadakka'?

Well unless Lowtax gets his dumb idiot spine fixed that's where we're all going.

This is your one opportunity to let the world know how much you hate dakkadakka. All it will cost you is some money that you'd spend on piles of plastic that'll sit unassembled next to your desk for years anyway.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Thanqol posted:

that's where we're all going.

I'd love to see goons start posting on that forum en mass. Bet we could make some of the worst posters permanently ragequit within a few weeks.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
If meltaguns got good again (and the Omni-scrambler stays as it is) Infiltrators could get a lot of play for Guard needing parking lot attendants.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/13/chaos-space-marines-focus-the-lord-discordant/

That sure is a thing

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That rules

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Jesus loving Slaanesh on a pogostick that thing is nuts.

You could make some boss Dark AdMech conversions with him I'm sure.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Mar 13, 2019

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jesus, it's got a 16" str 6 AP -2 Dmg 2 flamer

E: did I say 16? I meant 18" range

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
My God that model

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
As a primarily Tyranid player, I can't wait to play against an awesome model that fucks up nearby vehicles and runs towards me

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

quote:

This is Chaos turned up to 11, then turned up some more, until the dials fall off and start leaking blood

:black101:

Love it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
So I'ma go on a limb and say the next badcast is gonna involve Campbell talking about his Black Legion army.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
God drat, that's a loving badass looking model.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

So that's three of the Daemon rumour engine leaks marked off:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/02/28/the-daemon-engine-28th-february-2019/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/02/18/the-daemon-engine-18th-february-2019/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/02/17/the-daemon-engine-17th-february-2019/
Only a couple left I think.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Chaos teminators were likely for a couple of them that haven't been revealed yet.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Aleth posted:

Chaos teminators were likely for a couple of them that haven't been revealed yet.

Terminators, yeah, and also the Dark Apostle that was a couple of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
So there’s the new chaos space marines aesthetic—more weird daemon engines, less stuff that looks like regular space marine stuff but with skulls and spikes and embossed arrows.