Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Arghy posted:

Just did another loving run of that goddamn level, 3 stack debuff up when i finished with no frame but i was host.

Try joining a run instead of hosting. If the bug is that everyone except the host gets the reward that might solve it for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

So the 3rd portrait is supposed to be from drinking 99 bottles as a party which is hard as poo poo if you got a bot that isn't drinking.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is one of the portraits earned by collecting ravaged art?

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Nah its the beer mug portrait. The art reward is merely a picture of a tavern.

They should honestly just reward everyone who's completed that mission a few times the portrait because while its a fun mission they can get hosed if they think i'm going to spend more time running it again and again hoping its fixed.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Reading up on Reddit, looks like some modders have determined that there’s a bug in the code for the beer mug portrait challenge that means drinks drunk by the host count for all clients, but not the other way around. Goal is to hit 99 drinks and complete the level, clients get their own count plus that of the host, host just has their own.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Oh God, now that I've finally had the chance to play the map, drunk Kerillian is magical. Saltzpyre is great too, but Kerillian is amazing.

Points to the voice actress, actually. She really nails it, slurring her words and constantly waffling back and forth between usual elf bitchiness, childlike drunken enthusiasm, sullen whiny moodiness... It's just hilarious watching miss high and mighty get utterly trashed and lose every last ounce of her composure like that.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Backhand posted:

Oh God, now that I've finally had the chance to play the map, drunk Kerillian is magical. Saltzpyre is great too, but Kerillian is amazing.

finally you lumberfoots recognize your queen as the best character :tinsley:

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
someone on reddit described kerillian as white girl drunk and it's the funniest loving thing

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

GoldStandardConure posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaid!

Queen Kerillian calls for aaaaaaaaaid!

"I heard something, and you all saw me hear it" is my favorite line though.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
get the rats drunk next

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Add an alcoholism DLC campaign already, Fatshark.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Someone rip the voice clips already cmon

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I found out what I was doing wrong with the drinks. I thought that when you start coming off your buzz that a drink was removed from your stack. Nope. Once you hit a three stack it doesn't decrease until you pass out, so you have to pace yourself to one beer until you lose your buzz or you'll fall.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

ZearothK posted:

Add an alcoholism DLC campaign already, Fatshark Obese Megalodon.

Corrected...

In all seriousness while I still only dip in and out of this these days, this event map has been a blast. Mainly because strangely hearing everyone’s drunk chat has endeared me to the lot of them. (Also whoever said earlier Kerillian is just white girl wasted through the whole thing is utterly correct)

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
They're so small when they're dead...

hey

Can we stuff one and keep it as a souvenier?!

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Anyone playing on PS4? Just got the game and it’s really fun, but difficult to find an actual group. I’ve done a couple levels with bots and I’m still enjoying it, but definitely wishing I got in on this earlier.

Tried the goon discord too, but the “Anne Frank was the REAL nazi” and 4chan memes kinda turned me off, not gonna lie

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezrWznE4JMw

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Palemdromes posted:

Tried the goon discord too, but the “Anne Frank was the REAL nazi” and 4chan memes kinda turned me off, not gonna lie

hold on what

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Saltzpyre after the tavern falls: Maybe, maybe the ale is still ok?

*Tavern explodes*

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Saltzpyre after the tavern falls: Maybe, maybe the ale is still ok?

*Tavern explodes*

Something is coming. To bring me a drink, perhaps?

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
I miss my horse... he was so wise...

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

It still bugs me that Fatshark puts all this effort into a (semi-new) map, records all those lush voicelines, and then just hides it all after a week. Why not just leave it up, it's not like it's a Halloween or Xmas event that's seasonal.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Fishstick posted:

It still bugs me that Fatshark puts all this effort into a (semi-new) map, records all those lush voicelines, and then just hides it all after a week. Why not just leave it up, it's not like it's a Halloween or Xmas event that's seasonal.

Tell me it wouldn't be the perfect map to unlock after the Skittergate is destroyed.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They said they're extending the event for another week because they want to test a bugfix for some issues that cropped up such as the host not being able to get the portrait reward. So it'll be around a bit longer.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

They said they're extending the event for another week because they want to test a bugfix for some issues that cropped up such as the host not being able to get the portrait reward. So it'll be around a bit longer.

Ok but still, why even get rid of it at all. Time-restrict the challenges if you want but it's a map that literally gives no good rewards, why not keep it around for fun?

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Turns out Warhammer attracts the fash like flies to poo poo, who knew (everyone)

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Palemdromes posted:

Turns out Warhammer attracts the fash like flies to poo poo, who knew (everyone)

yeah but goon discord lol

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

toasterwarrior posted:

yeah but goon discord lol

Those tend to be pretty fash-free just like the forums. No reason to let that change I'd say. (no idea why we're importing drama here though)

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Yeah, you're always going to get an edgelord or two wondering in from the dark so it could have just been bad timing because modern Goons tend not to be particularly gross like that en mass.

zhuge liang
Feb 14, 2019
the goon discord is absolutely fash-free, that guy just started poo poo for no reason and is now importing the drama to the forums

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

zhuge liang posted:

the goon discord is absolutely fash-free, that guy just started poo poo for no reason and is now importing the drama to the forums

As a Jew The goon discord for vermintide has always been very chill. I think the issue is that they’re a console player

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

zhuge liang posted:

Lol ok.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Literally no one likes a circular firing squad. Don't tell other people to kill themselves. Have fun elfing on console.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Getting Ripshit is the best level in a game I've seen in a while. We're all just falling over trying not to lose but still slamming them back lmao

GoldStandardConure posted:

Instead of a dark lord you shall have a dark queen!

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

45 minutes of drunk voice lines ripped and up on Youtube for all to enjoy! (Disclaimer: Not my vid)

E: A highlight: "KRUBER NEEDS ALE. Badly."

Serpentis fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 17, 2019

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
[SINGS INCOHERENTLY]

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
bardin barely changes, kruber is a bit more surly, sienna is out to party, while saltz and kerillian are complete loving disasters

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
AT THE OBESE MEG'
I LOST MY LEG
FIGHTING OFF THE PACTSWORN
I LOST MY LEG

WE'RE SHIPPING UP TO OSTLAND
WOAAAAAAAAA-OOOOOHHHHHHHH

Adbot