Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Just finished the PS4 version (try looking under demos, it won't show up in a normal search for some reason), there appears to be no discernible difference between the console and PC incarnations of Deltarune aside from maybe that little blurb at the start about playing Undertale.

There are a couple things I just discovered that I apparently missed the first time around though:

-Toriel is still a teacher in this universe, or used to be at any rate (you can go into her classroom once you're back at school at the end).

-You can go upstairs in the hospital and visit Noelle's dad or some weird blue guy.

-There's a massive locked door south of town that will probably be important later

But yeah, looking forward to getting the rest eventually. Out of curiousity, do you get any special dialogue if you name yourself Frisk or Chara at the start (I know there's some for calling yourself Kris or one of the other major UT characters at least)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Mar 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Larryb posted:

Just finished the PS4 version (try looking under demos, it won't show up in a normal search for some reason), there appears to be no discernible difference between the console and PC incarnations of Deltarune aside from maybe that little blurb at the start about playing Undertale.

There are a couple things I just discovered that I apparently missed the first time around though:

-Toriel is still a teacher in this universe, or used to be at any rate (you can go into her classroom once you're back at school at the end).

-You can go upstairs in the hospital and visit Noelle's dad or some weird blue guy.

-There's a massive locked door south of town that will probably be important later

But yeah, looking forward to getting the rest eventually. Out of curiousity, do you get any special dialogue if you name yourself Frisk or Chara at the start (I know there's some for calling yourself Kris or one of the other major UT characters at least)?

No, Frisk and Chara don’t elicit any response from the game, Susie gets “You are about to meet someone very, very wonderful” and naming either yourself or your vessel Gaster crashes the game, just like it does in Undertale.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

nine-gear crow posted:

No, Frisk and Chara don’t elicit any response from the game, Susie gets “You are about to meet someone very, very wonderful” and naming either yourself or your vessel Gaster crashes the game, just like it does in Undertale.

Does naming yourself Lancer or Ralsei do anything?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Is the secret clown boss harder on a Genocide run? For some reason I was able to beat it during my pacifist run but I can't manage it on the Genocide path. I can't beat Undertale's genocide boss either so part of it is probably just being Bad At Games but it's weird that I cleared it once and now can't do it again.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of which, I hope they implement some way to gain EXP in the second half of the game should you so choose (or at the very least have consumable/equippable items that can increase your max HP).

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Is the secret clown boss harder on a Genocide run? For some reason I was able to beat it during my pacifist run but I can't manage it on the Genocide path. I can't beat Undertale's genocide boss either so part of it is probably just being Bad At Games but it's weird that I cleared it once and now can't do it again.

if you're fighting aggressively and not pacifying jevil he's gonna be harder, yeah.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also, is it actually possible to beat K. Round via attacking or will it just keep healing itself over and over whenever it's low on HP?

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Larryb posted:

Also, is it actually possible to beat K. Round via attacking or will it just keep healing itself over and over whenever it's low on HP?

It keeps healing. Even if you cheat your attack damage up to beat it in one hit, the cutscenes afterward will just assume you did it pacifist.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Floodkiller posted:

It keeps healing. Even if you cheat your attack damage up to beat it in one hit, the cutscenes afterward will just assume you did it pacifist.

That's what I figured, just making sure there wasn't any other means of getting past that fight. In fact, I think that's the only enemy in the game where you actually have to Act in order to win.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 5, 2019

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot

Scarodactyl posted:

Still a bit disappointed he doesn't look just like Michael Guy Bowman in HD...

What does Michael Guy Bowman have to do with Undertale? I looked him up and apparently he's a musician who's done music for Homestuck.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Simon The Digger posted:

What does Michael Guy Bowman have to do with Undertale? I looked him up and apparently he's a musician who's done music for Homestuck.
He was one of the more outspoken personalities on the music team (like Toby), and one time he pretended to be Toby in a joke video so accidentally convincingly that Toby's own mother was fooled. So even though they weren't really that closely associated they were often thought of as being so. There are also some similarities between how he presents himself and Mettaton's whole deal so it was a relatively frequent comparison.
So, to answer your question, absolutely nothing at all.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I random theory I came up with while looking at the naming system in Deltarune:

The three characters that give you the "You are about to meet someone very wonderful" message are Susie, Noelle, and Kris. Based on this I predict Noelle will eventually be a party member in the dark world and get her own Dark world counterpart. The dark world counter parts seem to fulfill some need or wish that the lightners have: Ralsei is Kris's idealized self, Lancer is someone who gives Susie unconditional love and thinks she's great, and therefore I think Noelle, who has a dying dad and a mom who's too busy to pay attention to her, will have a darkner best friend who's extremely parental and always looks out for her.

I am basing this theory on mostly nothing, but there you go.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/itoi_shigesato/status/1103217364999450626

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
today i learned that shigesato itoi has a perfectly lemon-shaped head

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

that's adorable. and I can see the fanart/photoshops have begun in the comments already

https://twitter.com/RhodoTweet/status/1103256735874191360

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Found this without context, so I'm posting it without context

edit: those garfield tweets make me so happy, I was trying to think of an "undertall" joke but the internet provides as always

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Mar 6, 2019

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Oh my God, I was just watching an old LP of Undertale, and I saw something I should have noticed earlier. All lore bookcases/text dumps in the game read left-to-right. Except in the most anime place, Alphys' aboveground laboratory.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 14, 2019

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Samovar posted:

Oh my God, I was just watching an old LP of Undertale, and I saw something I should have noticed earlier. All lore bookcases/text dumps in the game read right-to-left. Except in the most anime place, Alphys' aboveground laboratory.

Think you got the order reversed there.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I just finished my switch playthrough tonight, and one thing i didn't notice the first time is that during the section where you can say goodbye to everyone, one of the darkners seems to call you "horsey." Maybe Kris is the Knight? Somehow?

You're given no indication that the Knight is actually present in the Dark World at the time of your adventure. Kris also gets some flavor text in the stat screen about "contains a human SOUL." I just assumed that Kris had some kind of Jekyll and Hyde situation and that heartless Kris is the one going around drinking all the fruit juice and hiding under Noelle's bed and overthrowing kings and opening up nexi of destructive power.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

skaianDestiny posted:

Think you got the order reversed there.

Heh-heh. Whoops!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/doom_txt/status/1106589084728860673

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Incredible

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
I hope that grabbing a berserk powerup causes him to hulk out into Brawlsei

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

SUSIE NO

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
angry ralsei face!

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
They murdered his pet human and now Ralsei the Doomgoat is going make them pay.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
not deltarune but still neat

https://twitter.com/auto_wanderfrog/status/1097838359588659200

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I am impressed, confused, a little concerned.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
For the entirety of this game I thought Ralsei was some kind of spider creature with fangs

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Shrinking adventure!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

My friend is currently playing Undertale blind for the first time and apparently the Photoshop Flowey battle isn’t triggering after Asgore. She says the game then ends pretty abruptly with Sans and Papyrus calling her before sending her back to her save before the Asgore fight. She’s definitely killed characters so I figured she’s on the neutral route. Doesn’t that always end with that battle or am I remembering something wrong? I haven’t played the game myself since it’s first pc release.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Is she playing on a same file as someone else that beat it already? I can’t remember if you trigger Photoshop Flowey twice on the same game file, since I always played pacifist so it went straight to dating simulator with Alphys and the True Lab

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spiffster posted:

Is she playing on a same file as someone else that beat it already? I can’t remember if you trigger Photoshop Flowey twice on the same game file, since I always played pacifist so it went straight to dating simulator with Alphys and the True Lab

No. First time playing on her first save. She’s playing the Switch version btw.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

You can only fight Photoshop Flowey once per file I believe. So if they didn't do a True Reset at the start then that might be the problem.

SeANMcBAY posted:

In that case, no clue. Maybe it was just some kind of weird glitch or something.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

100% sure she's not playing on a switch user profile that someone else has used? That's the only thing besides a glitch that should cause that.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Gruckles posted:

100% sure she's not playing on a switch user profile that someone else has used? That's the only thing besides a glitch that should cause that.

I'm sure. I told her to close, restart the game and beat Asgore again to see what happens.

EDIT: Nothing changed.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Mar 18, 2019

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Papyrus pausing/rewinding Sans explantion :allears:

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Thanks for posting this, I just bought the digital edition and it came with the best PS4 theme ever :shittydog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iflBFNbSJm8&t=15s

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Fawf posted:

Thanks for posting this, I just bought the digital edition and it came with the best PS4 theme ever :shittydog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iflBFNbSJm8&t=15s

We ended up shelling out for the collector's edition and got the Ruins theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paRr8myqtUk

Which we have not changed and probably never will. It's just really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/1119037933200138240