Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I was wondering how long it would take

was also gonna say coop probably was hangin off a 2 incher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
wayne gretzky post inc

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Adam Carolla might like this bathroom, as this is his kitchen:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

PRADA SLUT posted:

yeah, that way it doesn't dangle into the picture

Woof!

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

pzy posted:

Really? His current kitchen?

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Apparently the pic came from a realty listing, so it was a house from a few years ago, but he certainly painted all those appliances red

Let's get a good look at that high school gym flooring (and the realtor's desperate attempt to mute the redness in photoshop)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

pzy posted:

Apparently the pic came from a realty listing, so it was a house from a few years ago, but he certainly painted all those appliances red

Let's get a good look at that high school gym flooring (and the realtor's desperate attempt to mute the redness in photoshop)

I"m the wine fridge

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
I remember him going on about an epoxy floor for a while, clearly not at this place.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

pzy posted:

I do not like that light fixture.

stupid puma
Apr 25, 2005

That must have been the work of the Hollywood scene painter he kept going on and on about. Pretty sure he also had the appliance doors painted by an auto body shop and it shows.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Facebook Aunt posted:

I do not like that light fixture.

Ceiling teats.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

RoboRodent posted:

Ceiling teats.

Enough to wean all guests come entertaining time.

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost

bEatmstrJ posted:

You go out of town for a couple days and you come back to 1000 new posts, a probation you probably didn't deserve, your own video game, a couple of news articles, a website and an ungodly amount of incorrect assumptions about your bathroom. You guys have been busy...

I definitely don't have time to go back and answer questions from the last 50 pages so i'll skip that part. Glad to see you guys are finally starting to find some new interior design to discuss though. Carry on.

After reading the "builder grade sack of tears" thread, I clicked your post history to see what became of your account. I assume by this most recent post (quoted) of yours, that you have never been able to fully live your bathroom remodel down

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

MarksMan posted:

After reading the "builder grade sack of tears" thread, I clicked your post history to see what became of your account. I assume by this most recent post (quoted) of yours, that you have never been able to fully live your bathroom remodel down

and never will.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
"do you have joists in your bathroom" could be the new codephrase

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

sneakyfrog posted:

"Yes, I spent $23,000"

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

sneakyfrog posted:

stealie72 posted:

"Yes, I spent $23,000"

Interior Design Thread: "Do you have joists in your bathroom” "Yes, I spent $23,000"

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I was kinda hoping for "my tub is protected" but its a solid writing prompt

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
If that's really Carolla's house he has even less taste than I originally believed holy fuckballs.

MarksMan posted:

After reading the "builder grade sack of tears" thread
Haha, holy crap I forgot I wrote that thing in parody. Thanks Beetminister, for allowing me to reach the peak of my forums funnyposts career.

In retrospect, I probably should have said "in time the value of your house can heal" instead of studs, but ah well.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

pzy posted:

i mean yeah its red but its not GAMER without the dark grey

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

sneakyfrog posted:

I was kinda hoping for "my tub is protected" but its a solid writing prompt

Goddammit. Slow and straight over the plate and I hit a foul ball. This is clearly better.

PabloBOOM
Mar 10, 2004
Hunchback of DOOM
Could also have an alternate "Is there a hidden toilet in your bathroom?"

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
“Do you have rocks around your bathtub?”

“Yes I am protected”
————-
“Do you have females in your bathroom?”

“No I am protected”

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

[The contractor is looking with disbelief at the hole in the floor]
- Don't tell me you are going to build a sunken tub in this regular second story bathroom.
- My joists are augmented. :cool:

[After witnessing the reaction to the finished bathroom]
- What a shame.

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
what do you guys think brapzanniganJ will come back to us, like moses coming from the mountain in like 2 or 3 years

will we see the toilet? or maybe a bunch of reclaimed upcycled wood? maybe a bunch of pallet furniture embossed with epoxied medallions?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Pimblor posted:

what do you guys think brapzanniganJ will come back to us, like moses coming from the mountain in like 2 or 3 years

will we see the toilet? or maybe a bunch of reclaimed upcycled wood? maybe a bunch of pallet furniture embossed with epoxied medallions?

Two years from now he'll be all "since you guys forgot (lol that he thinks we forgot) here's my toilet".

I'd actually love to know where he lives (DON'T ANYBODY POST HIS loving ADDRESS PUBLICLY OR OTHERWISE), not so I can troll/harass him, but so I can keep an eye out for real estate listings in the area and see if/when the place goes up for sale and read the description, and see what the asking price is.

" 3 br 2 1/2 bathroom. New water heater 2010, furnace in 2011. Master bedroom hacked together in 2014, sophisticated rapedungeon master bathroom with moldy rocks around tub and a shower with five heads that all of your :females: will just love to be sodomized in + new ceiling joists in 2017, superbly done unpredictable tile job. Rest of house is crappy builder grade bullshit though" 715,900$

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

barbecue at the folks posted:

[The contractor is looking with disbelief at the hole in the floor]
- Don't tell me you are going to build a sunken tub in this regular second story bathroom.
- My joists are augmented. :cool:

[After witnessing the reaction to the finished bathroom]
- What a shame.

The best part is looking at the finished product and being unable to tell the tub is sunken down at all.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Dave posted:

The best part is looking at the finished product and being unable to tell the tub is sunken down at all.

Sunk Tub Fallacy

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

M

K

…F?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

peanut posted:

M

K

…F?

M & K are probably the first letters of the occupant's names.

The dump I used to live at, my landlord had an S & L for Steve and Lynn.

Only slightly less awful than the "Live Laugh, Love" bullshit that people put up.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Sunk Tub Fallacy

:vince:

ok this HAS to be the title

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Save that letter poo poo for a kid's bedroom, drat.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Eh physical type is A Thing for a lot of folks. I get it. Personally I'd rather have a big, cool letter from some old Las Vegas sign or something but I get it.

That... ceiling though... Hmmm

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Besides being ugly, this feels vaguely unclean to me. Like it's almost in the same family as black face (though not as bad, obviously). "Look, we live in a shanty! Aren't we quirky?" :razz:

No granny in her 'vintage' 'farmhouse' would ever have done that. I visited some of my great aunts living in rural poverty 40 years ago and they would have been embarrassed and ashamed to have that on their ceilings. Nailing decayed mismatched garbage to your ceilings is more something you do if you live in a two-room plywood shack than a farmhouse.

I kept flashing between pity/anger/fremdschämen so I had to check their website.

http://livingvintageco.com/tour-home/

We made it look like a drafty poverty crapshack, lol.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Rich folk fetishising poverty is absolutely a thing too. It's why the dive bar aesthetic pops up in blockbuster Hollywood films all the time and "Hole in the Wall" is a restaurant genre.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

mutata posted:

Eh physical type is A Thing for a lot of folks. I get it. Personally I'd rather have a big, cool letter from some old Las Vegas sign or something but I get it.

That... ceiling though... Hmmm

That's actually cool, true. My neighbors behind me have a four-foot tall red aluminum B for instance. But just buying your initial at a craft store seems weird to me.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

mutata posted:

Rich folk fetishising poverty is absolutely a thing too. It's why the dive bar aesthetic pops up in blockbuster Hollywood films all the time and "Hole in the Wall" is a restaurant genre.

The luxury pickup truck

“Log cabin” aesthetic

Follies (of particular note is Marie Antoinette’s habit of cosplaying as a shepherdess with her courtiers and hanging out in a replica village in her backyard complete with teacup lambs)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Facebook Aunt posted:

Besides being ugly, this feels vaguely unclean to me. Like it's almost in the same family as black face (though not as bad, obviously). "Look, we live in a shanty! Aren't we quirky?" :razz:

No granny in her 'vintage' 'farmhouse' would ever have done that. I visited some of my great aunts living in rural poverty 40 years ago and they would have been embarrassed and ashamed to have that on their ceilings. Nailing decayed mismatched garbage to your ceilings is more something you do if you live in a two-room plywood shack than a farmhouse.

I kept flashing between pity/anger/fremdschämen so I had to check their website.

http://livingvintageco.com/tour-home/

We made it look like a drafty poverty crapshack, lol.

Wow, it's like I'm outside, inside!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

That looks like vintage black mold on the ceiling.