Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Hauki posted:

well, when you put it that way

irascible bookmen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Snow Cone Capone posted:

How the gently caress can you hate the new Ducktales it kicks rear end, they used the moon level music from the video game!

My man have you seen Paw Patrol? They sneak in some epic references for adults :D

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

My man have you seen Paw Patrol? They sneak in some epic references for adults :D

I don't have kids

e: lol then why are you watching a kids show?!?!?!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
BotL loving sucked and I’ve never clicked on a superhero movie thread. The last live posts I saw from him were bitching about people talking about Godzilla in “PYF History Fun Facts.”

Also the dude has like a million posts yelling into the ether about Pat Rothfuss, twice-published fantasy author and extremely well-known figure, being so fat and dumb.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

BotL loving sucked and I’ve never clicked on a superhero movie thread. The last live posts I saw from him were bitching about people talking about Godzilla in “PYF History Fun Facts.”

Also the dude has like a million posts yelling into the ether about Pat Rothfuss, twice-published fantasy author and extremely well-known figure, being so fat and dumb.

Visit the Bonfire of the Genres thread in TBB to watch people weep bitter tears about the injustice of "permabanning one of the last good posters and making this dead forum a little deader."
I really don't get why he had such a weird cult of personality.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The_White_Crane posted:

Visit the Bonfire of the Genres thread in TBB to watch people weep bitter tears about the injustice of "permabanning one of the last good posters and making this dead forum a little deader."
I really don't get why he had such a weird cult of personality.

it's a mock thread, and like all mock threads it is very popular and leads to psychosis in those who participate in it regularly

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

bravestofthelamps was a smug prick who could only achieve an erection when being condescending, but at the same time he was still one of the few sources of God's Light in the foul pit that is CD, and his banishment is a great injustice

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Just delete CD then?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

purple death ray posted:

Just delete CD then?

they have grown too powerful now that the last resistance against them has been extinguished

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I don't have kids

e: lol then why are you watching a kids show?!?!?!

I know a furry IRL who wants to gently caress the dogs in paw patrol

that was a really uncomfortable thing to learn

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

purple death ray posted:

Just delete CD then?

no, its a containment zone.

give forum cancer to everybody with over 50% of their total postcount in c/d

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Elephant Ambush posted:

This isn't what he did and you know it.

It's actually exactly what he did.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Liking star wars or marvel movies is actually far, far, faaaaar less cringey and awful than becoming notorious for laying down serious owns (to the tune of like ten million posts) on those nerds who like the dumb bad all-audiences action comedy movies for families imo.

Also, he’s an smg copycat and we only ever needed one smg.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Arivia posted:

I know a furry IRL who wants to gently caress the dogs in paw patrol

that was a really uncomfortable thing to learn

I was just trying to flame the guy who watches Ducktales by facetiously suggesting another children’s cartoon he might enjoy, I didn’t want whatever this is

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

One of my first days in work I was grabbing coffee with another new hire and he asked me if blackface was okay and before I even responded he had the phone out showing me pictures from a talent show.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I was just trying to flame the guy who watches Ducktales by facetiously suggesting another children’s cartoon he might enjoy, I didn’t want whatever this is

life is like a hurricane

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

One of my first days in work I was grabbing coffee with another new hire and he asked me if blackface was okay and before I even responded he had the phone out showing me pictures from a talent show.

Lmao

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I can't believe that more people want to talk about popular films than worthy books for English professors.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I made a fakepost about Shazam-as-written-by-Snyder and Brave Kramer'd into the thread. :lol:

He could have been a fun poster if he had resisted the urge to be a jerk. Just dropping random takes in and following up on a small bit would have been enough to see discussion continue. Dunno what he was like in Book Barn tho.

In his Owl Movies thesis he writes about it having no effect on the viewer. I said that was a weird takeaway for a supposed great film and he shot back like "what? who said that?"

Is Amethyst going to self immolate like the time Brave was probe'd for a month thanks to Spiderverse?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lmao don't me started on his takes on the death note light novels. just dunderheaded as hell

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I feel like I'm the only person that remembers this but I wanna ask:

Way back someone made a "yummiest mommies" thread in GBS and posted a picture of their Mom and how hot he found her. Goons ragged on him yada yada yada that's not what I'm looking for.

A second goon posted about his step mom which led to him creating a second thread where he started to take advice from goons on how to seduce her. I definitely remember him taking a picture with her where he was doing the shocker without her realizing what it meant. Does anyone else remember that poo poo?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Does anyone know where this was taken because I swear that I know dread dude on the right

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
are you referring to microwave's hot stepmom?

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

sneakyfrog posted:

are you referring to microwave's hot stepmom?

Nah that was microwaves actual mom. This was a different goon.

(Though I'm pretty sure the mom thread got flooded by pictures of microwave's hot mom too)

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

duck trucker posted:

I feel like I'm the only person that remembers this but I wanna ask:

Way back someone made a "yummiest mommies" thread in GBS and posted a picture of their Mom and how hot he found her. Goons ragged on him yada yada yada that's not what I'm looking for.

A second goon posted about his step mom which led to him creating a second thread where he started to take advice from goons on how to seduce her. I definitely remember him taking a picture with her where he was doing the shocker without her realizing what it meant. Does anyone else remember that poo poo?

Was that the one where goons contacted his stepmom and she ended up having a talk with him where she was all like 'I don't like you that way?'

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

sweet geek swag posted:

Was that the one where goons contacted his stepmom and she ended up having a talk with him where she was all like 'I don't like you that way?'

Yes.

It was Samurai Asspirate.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I’m not sure I like this new, non-mod EmmyOk, or their dismissive take on the validity of Death Note tie-in media

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I’m not sure I like this new, non-mod EmmyOk, or their dismissive take on the validity of Death Note tie-in media

I just started reading the BB case and it's great lmao

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

sweet geek swag posted:

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Yes.

It was Samurai Asspirate.

Finally some people remember it! I couldn't remember how if he banged his stepmom and ruined his Dad's marriage, chickened out, or something else happened to end the ordeal.

Man now I wanna see the post where his stepmom had to set him straight

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
botl accused me of being a child molester because i disagreed with his take on, like, doctor who I think?

Unobtainium
Dec 25, 2006
You want me to hack the planet? He wants me to hack the planet... Ok, *if* I decide to do this, I'll need an unlimited supply of Xena tapes and Hotpockets.

duck trucker posted:

Man now I wanna see the post where his stepmom had to set him straight

It's quoted here (also has the link to the thread): https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2021

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
BotL made plenty of funny comics edits that for some reason absolutely enraged BSS nerds. RIP sweet prince.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Elephant Ambush posted:

This isn't what he did and you know it.

That's 100 % what he did, or possibly even more so.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Crimpolioni posted:

That's 100 % what he did, or possibly even more so.

DoctorWhat posted:

botl accused me of being a child molester because i disagreed with his take on, like, doctor who I think?

Uh huh

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Paladinus posted:

BotL made plenty of funny comics edits that for some reason absolutely enraged BSS nerds. RIP sweet prince.

That comic’s message is exactly why he sucked

Yes the dumb bad thing is dumb, we all get that, however, yelling about whether Kylo Ren could force lightning Darth Maul to death is a release from the daily march towards death

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

That comic’s message is exactly why he sucked

Yes the dumb bad thing is dumb, we all get that, however, yelling about whether Kylo Ren could force lightning Darth Maul to death is a release from the daily march towards death

He could not. There is literally nothing to discuss there.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Paladinus posted:

He could not. There is literally nothing to discuss there.
Maul has no legs and hence has a lower midicorbomite count.
Please go back to the pre-Disney EU in penance and shame.

That was a funny cartoon though and I wish Brave was able to take the piss about their gimmick more often.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FilthyImp posted:

Maul has no legs and hence has a lower midicorbomite count.
Please go back to the pre-Disney EU in penance and shame.

That was a funny cartoon though and I wish Brave was able to take the piss about their gimmick more often.

Kyle can't do force lightnings. It's a Sith technique, and he wasn't properly trained as a Sith. That's part of his internal conflict as a character, too.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorWhat posted:

Lol I remember this, and always bring it up when people talk about how pure and reasonable he was. The truth is BOTL wasn't an enlightened soul preaching truth to the savage hordes, he was just a loser nerd who had slightly different tastes than other loser nerds and got really worked up about it. He still LIKED comic book movies and fantasy novels, just different ones than the people he was arguing with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

FilthyImp posted:

Is Amethyst going to self immolate like the time Brave was probe'd for a month thanks to Spiderverse?

I am very convinced that the mod feedback thread in QCS was reopened recently as a honeypot for exactly this