Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The thing that gets me about the college bribery thing is that there was value in the "traditional" way it used to be done.

When a rich person built a library on campus, sure a dumbass got enrolled but the rest of the student body got a new dorm building or a confederate statue to pee on. But the bribes Aunt Becky paid only went into the pockets of administrators and coaches. Only thing built with that money were backyard swimming pools and new porch extensions.

It's like rich people are paying a premium to ensure their funds stay away from anything resembling a public good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

:stare::hf::unsmith:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hells yeah

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I have to say it would be pretty loving hilarious if lowtax's spine problems were a result of getting his face punched in a decade ago.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Fister Roboto posted:

I have to say it would be pretty loving hilarious if lowtax's spine problems were a result of getting his face punched in a decade ago.

IIRC he's said its genetic.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

The thing that gets me about the college bribery thing is that there was value in the "traditional" way it used to be done.

When a rich person built a library on campus, sure a dumbass got enrolled but the rest of the student body got a new dorm building or a confederate statue to pee on. But the bribes Aunt Becky paid only went into the pockets of administrators and coaches. Only thing built with that money were backyard swimming pools and new porch extensions.

It's like rich people are paying a premium to ensure their funds stay away from anything resembling a public good.

These people were "pay for expensive prep schools and $20,000 volunteer enrichment activities in central America" rich, not library rich. The kind of rich people who somehow made a sport that uses a webbed stick and a ball expensive. Or the kind of rich people who can't afford a private jet, but can afford to pay for 6 intercontinental business class tickets.

See:
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/06/the-birth-of-a-new-american-aristocracy/559130/

psydude fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 13, 2019

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Uwe Boll....... is good?

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

I worry how quickly this will fall back, and hope it stabilizes at “able to pay for future surgeries and keep his family fed” levels.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's now nearly at $11000/mo ($8500 after subtracting Abe's huge one-time donation of 2420.69), not including whatever's been donated and spent on the forums recently. Feel-good story of the week right there.

https://www.patreon.com/GamingGarbage

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I've been donating $10 for a few months now cause I like these forums a lot and Reddit makes my eyes bleed except for some game subreddits. There are far far far worse places than here even if it's pretty gross/weird/pedo sometimes

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Is he really getting a divorce?

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

So uh, is this going to gently caress him over in regards to his taxes or child support because it's considered income?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Eww Bowl... good?

God Damnit, beaten like Richard Kyanka

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 13, 2019

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

kupachek posted:

So uh, is this going to gently caress him over in regards to his taxes or child support because it's considered income?

the trick about not paying taxes or child support is to have no income

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/DavidWohl/statu...ingawful.com%2F

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
US is grounding the 737 MAX 8.

Boeing HQ must be making GBS threads itself.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

This is going to be the eventual pivot- "OK, climate change is real, but the people dying aren't in the US so who cares?"

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Remember when the FAA was the world leading authority on civil aviation and everyone was following their lead?

...yeah

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

rain rather than snow results in a shortened lag-to-peak for the discharge of the precip through the hydrologic system and I can assure you sir it is not good climate change

all our water that was supposed to get us through summer blasts straight down the river instead of storing as a snow cap on some Sierra peak

for a political group that leans so heavily on condescension for their rhetoric, they sure are loving dumb

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

kupachek posted:

Losing a portion of something still seems preferable to not having anything to begin with.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Stupid Paulie whined about how it's bad that he's being separated from his wife since he's her primary care giver. Maybe should have thought about that before paying all those guys to gangbang her against her will, did I mention that she's mentally disabled because of a TBI she got from falling off a horse?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Arven posted:

This is going to be the eventual pivot- "OK, climate change is real, but the people dying aren't in the US so who cares?"

But first when it turns into an oven again they'll say "well of course it's hot, it's summer!" The malicious ignorance of these people is so loving tiring.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

rain rather than snow results in a shortened lag-to-peak for the discharge of the precip through the hydrologic system and I can assure you sir it is not good climate change

all our water that was supposed to get us through summer blasts straight down the river instead of storing as a snow cap on some Sierra peak

for a political group that leans so heavily on condescension for their rhetoric, they sure are loving dumb

Then you get the “why do we let all this water run to the sea, build it, dam it!” line everyone in the valley trumpets.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

they sure are loving dumb

No more is needed

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I sure liked it when Boeing people weren't running the government and had a direct line to Trump, alongside a non-confirmed FAA administrator.

https://twitter.com/ByMikeBaker/status/1105906032432144384?s=19

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Woodchip posted:

Then you get the “why do we let all this water run to the sea, build it, dam it!” line everyone in the valley trumpets.

And then they scream about how salmon is too expensive/gone.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

Quick, buy puts on Boeing.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Arven posted:

"Global warming is fine because everyone can just move to Antarctica when the ice melts" has been a thing for a while now already.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Boll tweet is almost a year old, I think that was around when it broke the $1000 mark. I've been for $12/mo since 2017. What's made all of the difference this week is that GBS thread getting reposted into the all the insular subforums of people that don't read GBS.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I can't really express how much I enjoy this video.

https://twitter.com/MattNegrin/status/1105902775316213761?s=19

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

so goddamn good

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

A majority of workers at anchor brewing have voted to have their union recognized by management, so now the real battles can start.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Unionize early unionize often

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

So, new news about that Whitaker fellow.

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1105935111751716867

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

maffew buildings posted:

Unionize early unionize often

Hell yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-0lDKsXMb8

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

That Works posted:

So, new news about that Whitaker fellow.

All of these are true:

- Whitaker lied to Congress
- Congress hosed up and didn't follow up on this lie at the time, giving Whitaker wiggle room
- There's enough wiggle room where Whitaker will likely escape any trouble
- This is a redux of the W Bush scandal when they fired US Attorneys for political reasons
- It will get lost in the churn because Trump is President and Whitaker is gone

Woooo good government!!!

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

kupachek posted:

I believe that since he's not an official charity this would count as income and therefor be taxable. The ex will probably get a cut too since child support is usually tied to current earnings iirc...hopefuly it'
ll get spent on the kid instead of makeup

Glad to see that Aaron Hernandez is a murderer again

http://www.newser.com/story/272531/aaron-hernandez-is-once-again-a-convicted-murderer.html

quote:

Aaron Hernandez's murder conviction was reinstated Wednesday in a sweeping ruling from Massachusetts' highest court that does away with the legal principle that made the former NFL star innocent in the eyes of the law after he killed himself in prison. The Supreme Judicial Court unanimously found that the legal rule that erased Hernandez's conviction is "outdated and no longer consonant with the circumstances of contemporary life." It ordered that Hernandez's conviction be restored and that the practice be abolished for future cases. The ruling does not affect past cases.

Reign Of Pain fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Mar 13, 2019

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Good. gently caress that murderous piece of poo poo.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Reign Of Pain posted:

Glad to see that Aaron Hernandez is a murderer again

My wife is mixed and it’s always weird to me when her family decides to pull the “White people are holding down people of color.” Like I agree with you, but maybe Aaron Hernandez or Bill Cosby isn’t the first thing to bring up as a miscarriage of justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Casimir Radon posted:

Good. gently caress that murderous piece of poo poo.